Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clubs could care less

It's all about control and money sheeple.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    GPS went to an interesting system.
    Instead of having NPL teams they now have two Mass State Elite teams (white and red).
    The play on words is pathetic.
    Each team is playing in the NPL (different divisions) and each team has a roster of 20-25 kids. The weaker white team is clearly the worse.

I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that only 18 can be rostered for any one game.

This is a great system for two groups:
    1. The top 13 on either team as they get good play time
    2. The GPS owners as they charge the same amount for either team and each player

.....I am jealous of the the owners for their fantastic business model and profit.

Comment

From "Word Crimes" by Weird Al
      https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/weir...ordcrimes.html

I hate these word crimes
      Like "I could care less"
      That means you do care
      At least a little

Comment

I hate these word crimes
        Like "I could care less"
        That means you do care
        At least a little
        Fine. They could not care less.

Comment

I hate these word crimes
          Like "I could care less"
          That means you do care
          At least a little

Well....someone has to care a little....

Comment

I hate these word crimes
            Like "I could care less"
            That means you do care
            At least a little

Actually, the quote should have been 'they couldn't care less'....but this still means they must care a teensy weensy bit

Comment

These threads are so ridiculous. Why does anyone take the time to post them? Just trolling? Complaining but no intentions to remove his or her kid?

Does CVS care about you? Walgreens? Boston Scientific? Pfizer? Or what about the Red Cross? Unicef? They care about you?

Comment

These threads are so ridiculous. Why does anyone take the time to post them? Just trolling? Complaining but no intentions to remove his or her kid?

Does CVS care about you? Walgreens? Boston Scientific? Pfizer? Or what about the Red Cross? Unicef? They care about you?
                This are transactional relationships. By and large you know what you're getting, probably aren't paying much money in any of each transaction, certainly aren't commiting much to the relationship, and have many other competitors doing almost the same exact thing that you can chose from. Choosing a club for your child is a much more emotionally based decision. What you're "buying" isn't very clearly defined. Often times there aren't as many options that are very similar. You're certainly spending a great deal of money and time. Most importantly you want your child to have a positive experience. Best case they learn a great deal, love what they're doing, make good friends. Even if they stop playing its for the right reasons. Worse case is your kid learns to hate the game, distrust adults and quits altogether. No parent wants that for their child ever. They're entrusting a club and it's employees to teach their children and treat them fairly. Not all do.

Comment

Totally wrong analogy. You are purchasing instruction for you child. Everyone has had good teachers and bad teachers. The good ones care.

Comment

Totally wrong analogy. You are purchasing instruction for you child. Everyone has had good teachers and bad teachers. The good ones care.
                    Look at the first post. What's the intention? The whole industry? A particular club where the poster wants to again start some crap?

You actually aren't paying for instruction. You're not hiring a school, private or otherwise, or a tutor? That's not what club soccer is. Sure, some are far better than others, especially if they are interested in success from a business point of view. These aren't religious groups where you'd expect anyone to work only for and by the grace of God. Everyone's got to make a living. Again, the first post is total silliness....at best.

Comment

Look at the first post. What's the intention? The whole industry? A particular club where the poster wants to again start some crap?

You actually aren't paying for instruction. You're not hiring a school, private or otherwise, or a tutor? That's not what club soccer is. Sure, some are far better than others, especially if they are interested in success from a business point of view. These aren't religious groups where you'd expect anyone to work only for and by the grace of God. Everyone's got to make a living. Again, the first post is total silliness....at best.
                      Maybe your a schollie family but I have to pay for our instructor.

Comment

Says the club owner worried about tryout numbers and trying to justify his business amongst parents who are starting to question club soccer's merits

Comment

If they are so ridiculous then why do you waste your precious time? You have the option to say nothing.....like 'shut up'....something I suspect you either hear often or are in close proximity to people who are thinking it.....

Comment

Wow. What a thoughtful and thorough post.

Comment

Says the club owner worried about tryout numbers and trying to justify his business amongst parents who are starting to question club soccer's merits
                              Ummm, no....everybody posting is doing club soccer and/or would do it again. They always just think everyone else shouldn't be doing it, lol.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X