Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No one leaves because there’s really nowhere else to go in the Salem area.
    Yes they do. They just quit playing soccer. Not like they were ever any good at it anyway.

Comment

Some clubs put their top teams (or their B teams, if their top team is in DA, ECNL, or some other such platform) in OYSA Premier and State Cup, ready or not.

If you're consistently being beaten 3-0 or 4-1, playing up against rougher competition can be a learning experience--you can see the path from where you are to where the other team is.

If you lose a soccer game by 2 touchdowns, the only think you learn from that is that you're in the wrong league.

Portland-area teams that do that tend to have problems recruiting. CFC has far less competition locally--there's 4H, but that's pretty much it, and the kids with MAGA hats (or parents with MAGA hats) won't want to play for that team for obvious reasons--so they can get away with a "don't let the door hit ya" policy when it comes to league placement.
      In soccer you score goals not touchdowns.

Comment

Same coach! I’m thinking maybe all the losses this past year has caught their egos. They won’t be as strong moving forward either I hear their losing three of the best players. Might be best to throw in the towel but obviously the club needs money so who knows.
        Are you saying CFC 00 “Won’t be as strong moving forward...”? I don’t understand. They aren’t strong now. Didn’t they just get beat 14-0?

Comment

Are you saying CFC 00 “Won’t be as strong moving forward...”? I don’t understand. They aren’t strong now. Didn’t they just get beat 14-0?
          What I meant to say was they are going from a 14-0 team to a 30-0 team. A few on that team are talented and will find their way the right way, by leaving. That is all

Comment

What I meant to say was they are going from a 14-0 team to a 30-0 team. A few on that team are talented and will find their way the right way, by leaving. That is all
            Makes sense. There are many players in Bend, Medford & Eugene in the same boat.

Comment

Makes sense. There are many players in Bend, Medford & Eugene in the same boat.
              Not sure I agree with this. From what I've seen, Bend, Medford, and Eugene are combining age groups so that every strong player has a team to play on. There are 01's on the 99 teams for all three of those clubs. The difference here is that CFC placed all their eggs in one basket. They took the strongest 01 juniors and sophomores and combined them with the strongest 02 sophomores and freshman to make one super team. That team is very good, but it left the 00 and 02 pools decimated. They don't even HAVE an 02 team - a whole year gone. And their 00 team is awful. They sacrificed two years worth of teams for one super team. I don't see Bend, Medford, or Eugene doing that at all.

Comment

Not sure I agree with this. From what I've seen, Bend, Medford, and Eugene are combining age groups so that every strong player has a team to play on. There are 01's on the 99 teams for all three of those clubs. The difference here is that CFC placed all their eggs in one basket. They took the strongest 01 juniors and sophomores and combined them with the strongest 02 sophomores and freshman to make one super team. That team is very good, but it left the 00 and 02 pools decimated. They don't even HAVE an 02 team - a whole year gone. And their 00 team is awful. They sacrificed two years worth of teams for one super team. I don't see Bend, Medford, or Eugene doing that at all.
                CFC sacrificed the good 2003s & 02s from the old 02 team also. The old 02/03 team was a very top team for a couple years before the age group change and then was hung out to dry in favor of the 01 team. So many of the top players from the old 02 team had to leave that there is no 02 team at all and the 03 team is very weak.

Comment

CFC sacrificed the good 2003s & 02s from the old 02 team also. The old 02/03 team was a very top team for a couple years before the age group change and then was hung out to dry in favor of the 01 team. So many of the top players from the old 02 team had to leave that there is no 02 team at all and the 03 team is very weak.
                  3 teams sacrificed for one. Why would cFC do that?

Comment

3 teams sacrificed for one. Why would cFC do that?
                    Because they can and because the parents don’t hold them accountable. This is the same club that took a player to regionals (expensive trip) and played her zero minutes. She didn’t quit. Parents who put up with this garbage get exactly what they deserve.

Comment

Because they can and because the parents don’t hold them accountable. This is the same club that took a player to regionals (expensive trip) and played her zero minutes. She didn’t quit. Parents who put up with this garbage get exactly what they deserve.
                      Why would they roster a player that gets zero minutes?

Comment

Why would they roster a player that gets zero minutes?
                        In case their starting keeper (who went on to thorns academy) got injured. She was there as insurance against an injury. And she knew it.

Comment

If a team took a player to regionals and didn’t play her that’s because she is not very good. Sorry dad.

Comment

What is the name of the coach that ran up 14 goals on a team?

Comment

If a team took a player to regionals and didn’t play her that’s because she is not very good. Sorry dad.
                              She’s not my kid. She accepted her role and when the star keeper went to thorns she got the starting job. And seems to have again been replaced by their newest addition keeper. Some people never learn.

Comment

Some players & parents don’t care if they play as long as they can say they are on a winning team. If they don’t mind not playing, why should anyone else care?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X