Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There were players on Stars DA who were on 2nd/3rd teams before. Expect them to land on second and third teams with the occasional player making a top team.
    By top team I assume you mean second team. And by 2nd/3rd team I assume you mean 3rd/4th team. Boston Breakers Academy, part of the US Soccer Development Academy, is the only top team around here.

Comment

OW rosters were entirely same as the previous year. OW is a cult club in CT. There is no way in or out after about U6. It was shocking that no age groups got players from external clubs when they made such a big deal about getting girls academy. This year's OW teams are simply their NPL teams from last year. The only difference from Fall to Spring season this year was that they got back all of their prep school players that were given waivers (about 10 in total and only prep school players .... I think all from Loomis). The local, public high school in Glastonbury had won 3 straight state championships and over 60 consecutive wins and those players that played at OW were not allowed waivers (not even 1 of them).
      The tensions between nonwaivered public school vs waivered private school players was forewarned. Some BDA clubs won't grant any, with good reason.

Comment

By top team I assume you mean second team. And by 2nd/3rd team I assume you mean 3rd/4th team. Boston Breakers Academy, part of the US Soccer Development Academy, is the only top team around here.
        By this logic every team in the US Soccer DA should beat every team in the ECNL. If that’s true then you are correct.

Comment

By this logic every team in the US Soccer DA should beat every team in the ECNL. If that’s true then you are correct.
          Why? Not every team in the premiership would beat every team in the championship.

Comment

Umm.... I guess you didn’t get the memo that Stars will be putting in two ECNL teams per age group next year.
            Great what will they have Stars ECNL United and Athletic or will it be Rovers?

Comment

Great what will they have Stars ECNL United and Athletic or will it be Rovers?
              No, it will be "Elite" and "Select"... on second thought it will be "Premier" and "Championship", no no, it will be ECNL Red and ECNL White.

Comment

No, it will be "Elite" and "Select"... on second thought it will be "Premier" and "Championship", no no, it will be ECNL Red and ECNL White.
                It will be a total money grab and parents will be dumb as ever falling for the smoke show being put on tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  It will be a total money grab and parents will be dumb as ever falling for the smoke show being put on tonight.
                  No one falls for smoke shows. What smoke show are you referring to? I have read all the debate, and it seemed pretty reasoned to me, and I am someone who is hoping that GDA survives without more top clubs dropping out.

Comment

Great another Stars parent defending JD for his decision who knew up front all the rules etc and now it's not good......what a joke it's become never about the development of the player about his financial decisions
                    They practice what they preach

Comment

Great another Stars parent defending JD for his decision who knew up front all the rules etc and now it's not good......what a joke it's become never about the development of the player about his financial decisions
                      They practice what they preach
                      What do you care what soccer products the clubs sell and what ones people buy? Are you so offended that one kid buys Nike cleats and one buys puma or adidas?

Comment

No one falls for smoke shows. What smoke show are you referring to? I have read all the debate, and it seemed pretty reasoned to me, and I am someone who is hoping that GDA survives without more top clubs dropping out.
                        Me too but not what my daughter is hearing

Comment

Me too but not what my daughter is hearing
                          You daughter is hearing what and from whom? Confused...

Comment

You daughter is hearing what and from whom? Confused...
                            More DA clubs dropping out. This is turning into a SH**SH**.

Comment

I believe that is the case, but who is your daughter hearing this from? Other players on impacted clubs?

Comment

The sh!t show will stop the moment certain players get called to NT camps and others don't. Then you will see the panic around.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X