Confirmed- Stars drops DA program

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoCal clubs and the Texas clubs are rumored to creating their own leagues as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Michigan Hawks, Eclipse, PDA, Slammers and Stars are top clubs. Whether you are a fan of the DA or not its not good to lose those clubs.
      No doubt. The Hawks are arguably the most successful club in the country.

Comment

SoCal clubs and the Texas clubs are rumored to creating their own leagues as well.
        That is what is needed - regional leagues and competition to reduce travel and costs. Have one national playoff for the winner of each region at the end of the year. College coaches can spend their time in the region, getting players most likely to want to attend their schools

Comment

what makes a marquee Club? Parental demand based on all sorts of factors. some real some perceived. if a club is not promoting the USSF then they are better off without them.
          What's a Marquee club.

In 2017, The U18s Michigan Hawks won back to back national titles

The Hawks have had an unprecedented run at the oldest age groups recaching 5 out of the last 6 U18 ECNL National Championships and winning 3.

I believe as a club they have Nine National Championships and 11x National finalists

Comment

What's a Marquee club.

The Hawks have had an unprecedented run at the oldest age groups recaching 5 out of the last 6 U18 ECNL National Championships and winning 3.

I believe as a club they have Nine National Championships and 11x National finalists
            Look at the # of teams they have per age group as well. I'm sure there is a large gap in depth across those, but clearly they have a large player pool at their disposal. Other clubs that participate in these leagues barely have 2 teams per age group.

Comment

Look at the # of teams they have per age group as well. I'm sure there is a large gap in depth across those, but clearly they have a large player pool at their disposal. Other clubs that participate in these leagues barely have 2 teams per age group.
              In other words they're a club that certainly could afford to run GDA at a loss if they wanted to without badly hurting their bottom line. Yet they are choosing not to. Smaller clubs like say Oakwood, with few profitable teams to prop up DA or even a large player pool? Hwo are they going to sustain it in the long term?

Comment

In other words they're a club that certainly could afford to run GDA at a loss if they wanted to without badly hurting their bottom line. Yet they are choosing not to. Smaller clubs like say Oakwood, with few profitable teams to prop up DA or even a large player pool? Hwo are they going to sustain it in the long term?
                Charge the water-carriers more.

Comment

What's a Marquee club.

and so what. no one outside of the area they pull from cares. If I look at the TDS player rankings they are not dominating the top slots. There are not more Hawks players at UNC or Duke or UCLA than other Clubs. Championships usually reflect many things . who do they compete with in season? probably no one. Gteed to make playoffs. have a big area to pull from . depth . none of it proves they do more with the players they get than anyone else as far as improving them or getting them into college. All it proves is they are able to win Club championships.

Comment

and so what. no one outside of the area they pull from cares. If I look at the TDS player rankings they are not dominating the top slots. There are not more Hawks players at UNC or Duke or UCLA than other Clubs. Championships usually reflect many things . who do they compete with in season? probably no one. Gteed to make playoffs. have a big area to pull from . depth . none of it proves they do more with the players they get than anyone else as far as improving them or getting them into college. All it proves is they are able to win Club championships.
                    You sound desperate. Can't stand having the GDA look bad? Is that you, April? Hawks also have been one of the best producers of YNT team talent. They led all clubs with 15 YNT players in 2015. You should know that April. Afraid of losing your job? You should be. I told you to work with ECNL.

Comment

Originally posted by Anson Dorrance View Post
                      You sound desperate. Can't stand having the GDA look bad? Is that you, April? Hawks also have been one of the best producers of YNT team talent. They led all clubs with 15 YNT players in 2015. You should know that April. Afraid of losing your job? You should be. I told you to work with ECNL.
                      i dont think you get it . i dont give a hoot. My kid is done. No more to follow. Its just sad to see a sport I love in such a mess becasue adults cannot get it together. I recall when JD was more involved Stars had loads of NT players as well. Where are they now ? Adil id a big reason for that. if I put Paul Riley in charge of a YNT I bet Fury would have a lot of NT players as well. its all part of selling the Club experience to add depth.

I have nothing but praise for the CLUB my kid plays for. They were in the ECNL and still are. They are also in the GDA . Nothing but thanks to the great coaches who helped her, but lets face it the League badge means zero.

Comment

Regardless of which league you believe in, it makes it much easier for a club to pick one or the other. The top league of the club is then clearly defined and they can fully support it and have it as a pathway in their own club pyramid. GDA and ECNL are too similar and competing for the same players, so all it does is fracture talent within the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Anson Dorrance View Post
                          and btw, Adil Jason etc serve at the pleasure of April. Just watch. remove them and the makeup of those teams changes. does that make hawks worse? of course not just like having the kids on NTs does not really make them any better.

Comment

Regardless of which league you believe in, it makes it much easier for a club to pick one or the other. The top league of the club is then clearly defined and they can fully support it and have it as a pathway in their own club pyramid. GDA and ECNL are too similar and competing for the same players, so all it does is fracture talent within the club.
                            within clubs with both..yes. To me GDA should be reserved for professional clubs who are OBLIGATED to field teams as part of being in the league. All MLS and NWSL teams should be mandate to have them and pay. let REAL coaches select the players and limit the number of teams. Any application for a MLS franchise MUST include a NWSL team and an academy. those teams can play each other nationally.

Comment

within clubs with both..yes. To me GDA should be reserved for professional clubs who are OBLIGATED to field teams as part of being in the league. All MLS and NWSL teams should be mandate to have them and pay. let REAL coaches select the players and limit the number of teams. Any application for a MLS franchise MUST include a NWSL team and an academy. those teams can play each other nationally.
                              Good in theory, but follow the $$$. The MLS can barely fund boys programs and NWSL may not last too long like it's predecessors. There is no way they are going to force a girls program on MLS clubs. If a club saw it as a way to grow their core business, they would do it. But they aren't going to lose money on it.

Comment

That would be preferred. Geography makes it pretty unworkable for competition and for snaring talent

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X