Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Last year I did an exercise to understand the full cost of one year of soccer for an 8th grader playing town, club, and odp
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!AttZg4zkabWCheR9kspWxT4Mici9Zw
    Thanks for sharing this. All-in costs are eye opening
    Doesn't matter what League, if the Team is on a national schedule - SSS, GPS, FCB, BBA, Stars - it gets darn expensive.

Comment

So you are at the bargain end of the store. What's your point so when your kid ends up without a scholarship you can claim that you got a bargain?
      Different post and ours are about the same per event. The league gives us plenty of time to book a cheaper fare. Once in awhile we have enough miles for one ticket to be free, or a voucher for a discount on a car rental or something like that. We've never shared with families but I know several that do. We eat out but nothing fancy plus at least one meal is a team thing. Try and buy snacks and waters at a Target or somewhere when we first get there so we're not grabbing things on the go and paying more. It's not that hard. We couldn't afford it if it $2400 per trip. If you're spending that much you must be bringing multiple family members or booking your ticket very last minute.

Comment

One thing that bugs me to know end is the mandatory hotel accommodations you usually have to do with tourneys - almost all of them, not just the top ones. You always have to stay a minimum # of nights (even though you may get lucky with your schedule and not need to) and the prices are always higher than outside the hotel booking agency. I travel a ton for work and have a stack of free nights from frequent stayer programs but rarely can use them.

Comment

One thing that bugs me to know end is the mandatory hotel accommodations you usually have to do with tourneys - almost all of them, not just the top ones. You always have to stay a minimum # of nights (even though you may get lucky with your schedule and not need to) and the prices are always higher than outside the hotel booking agency. I travel a ton for work and have a stack of free nights from frequent stayer programs but rarely can use them.
          Bugs is putting it kindly. It is highly irritating and leaves a negative perception in the customer's minds. They should stop doing this.

Comment

Bugs is putting it kindly. It is highly irritating and leaves a negative perception in the customer's minds. They should stop doing this.
            It's always struck me as illegal - or bordering on it. They make club participation in the event dependent on using their agency so I supposed that's their contract out. But it still is anti-consumer. Of course the clubs can't say no because then their families get pissed that they're not going to an event.

Comment

its how they use their purchasing power to get kickbacks.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X