X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    CA clubs 100% behind DA
    Not true. Northern California so far has rejected GDA. Top clubs there remain ECNL. Southern California has mostly bought into GDA and top clubs have both ECNL and GDA, but the most successful club in California(So Cal Blues) has split their talent between both leagues and has even kept their top team in some age groups(see their u16 and u17 teams which include national team players) in ECNL.

Comment

Not true. Northern California so far has rejected GDA. Top clubs there remain ECNL. Southern California has mostly bought into GDA and top clubs have both ECNL and GDA, but the most successful club in California(So Cal Blues) has split their talent between both leagues and has even kept their top team in some age groups(see their u16 and u17 teams which include national team players) in ECNL.
      #fakenews GDA has surpassed ECNL in its first few months. According to a senior administrator at USSF I was talking to earlier today the success has even surpassed their expectations.

Comment

#fakenews GDA has surpassed ECNL in its first few months. According to a senior administrator at USSF I was talking to earlier today the success has even surpassed their expectations.
        I think I know the USSF administrator you're referring to. Was his first name Sean? Last name Spicer?

Comment

I think I know the USSF administrator you're referring to. Was his first name Sean? Last name Spicer?
          I think I know you. Is your first name Theo? Last name Kojak?

Comment

Like Trump's tweet about Syria - Mission Accomplished. :) lol

Comment

Surpassed expectations? Of course it has....What did you expect them to tell you??

Comment

Surpassed expectations? Of course it has....What did you expect them to tell you??
                Nike told me those killer pricey cleats had surpassed expectation but they barely lasted my player one season.

Look for objective reviews of cleats and clubs. The league is irrelevant unless yo happen to live in a location where yo have more than one quality club option.

Comment

People act like they have equal access to both and choose one. Some do. Many do not. Coaches recruit players. Both leagues will have them simply based on geography.

if you are a 12 yr old girl with high level talent who loves to play. You have never experienced HS and you have access to both, why would you NOT choose GDA? The only reason I can think of is if the GDA club has poor coaching.

The GDA will not be what people think it is trying to be becasue most people are not really looking at it in a reasonable way. We have a league of 60+ clubs and yet people talk like every player in the league should be a NT caliber player. No way is that possible. if the GDA attracts and retains 60 pct of the YNT pool in year one then they have done well. Club quality, travel and rules will be changed

The ECNL escapes judgement becasue they can stand in the background and watch another league try and implement rules that focus more on player development. #provenpathway is a bit self fulfilling. if you collect all the top Clubs its bound to be that way. Colleges need players right ?

Im rally not pro or anti either league, I just find the arguments vs one or the other a bit hollow. Both can work. The GDA needs Clubs in it that believe in the model. Thats is a big ask wehn most of the established girls power Clubs ahve no incentive to get on board.

Comment

if you are a 12 yr old girl with high level talent who loves to play. You have never experienced HS and you have access to both, why would you NOT choose GDA? The only reason I can think of is if the GDA club has poor coaching.

The GDA will not be what people think it is trying to be becasue most people are not really looking at it in a reasonable way. We have a league of 60+ clubs and yet people talk like every player in the league should be a NT caliber player. No way is that possible. if the GDA attracts and retains 60 pct of the YNT pool in year one then they have done well. Club quality, travel and rules will be changed
                    Valid points, but some reasons you wouldn't choose GDA are that it fails to deliver on what it was supposed to improve over ECNL:

1) Club fees are generally more expensive (depends on club, but most are more at this point)
                    2) More restrictive subbing rules can impact average playing time
                    3) Travel costs have not been reduced
                    4) Roster depth is generally broader -- some very good players and drop in level to fill rosters
                    5) Competition is mixed -- some good teams and some really poor teams

Plus the fact that you have to sacrifice nearly all school sports activities on top of those items above. So why would you sacrifice plus pay more for nothing better?

And your second point about YNT is exactly who USSF is catering the league to. They don't care about most of the players -- they are just looking to find and develop those few. The rest are there to provide a platform and subsidize the cost.

Comment

Valid points, but some reasons you wouldn't choose GDA are that it fails to deliver on what it was supposed to improve over ECNL:

1) Club fees are generally more expensive (depends on club, but most are more at this point)
                      4) Roster depth is generally broader -- some very good players and drop in level to fill rosters

Plus the fact that you have to sacrifice nearly all school sports activities on top of those items above. So why would you sacrifice plus pay more for nothing better?

And your second point about YNT is exactly who USSF is catering the league to. They don't care about most of the players -- they are just looking to find and develop those few. The rest are there to provide a platform and subsidize the cost.
                      Club fees are similar, which seeing as you get a whole extra fall season instead of HS is amazingly good value. No SERIOUS player would stay with HS kickball.

Comment

your point about caring is a reflection on the Club. This tagline that the USSF does not care is nonsense. they dont coach you or see you on a daily basis. Your Club does. How would the USSF show you they "cared" about your player?

the crux is this. The Clubs who run the ECNL have no incentive to promote the GDA as a positive place. Go to NYCFC or Albertson or Breakers and I bet very few feel like the ECNL or GDA does not care. You need to evaluate your Club. Its only at places like Stars and PDA that you could evaluate both and the GDA evaluation is skewed, especially at Stars.

For us, the GDA has done exactly what we thought it would. added a structured place to practice during HS season.

Comment

YNT camps do not really develop players. Clubs do. One of the biggest flaws in YNT programming is the number of camps. Far too many and not enough time/trust devoted in local clubs to help sustain the development at home.

please show me who on the YNT full time staff is a great developer with a track record? Ill save you some time ..no one.

Comment

YNT camps do not really develop players. Clubs do. One of the biggest flaws in YNT programming is the number of camps. Far too many and not enough time/trust devoted in local clubs to help sustain the development at home.

please show me who on the YNT full time staff is a great developer with a track record? Ill save you some time ..no one.
                            and whats your track record? what is your version of the optimal amount of camps?

Comment

You don't have a clue. Who around here would you actually trust with a YNT talent? JD?? LL?? Please, those two are all about themselves, there isn't a single active coach around here that USSF should trust with a talented player. On top of that, even if there was a decent coach in these parts, the overall talent pool at the club level is so diluted it would ruin the prospect.

Comment

Club fees are similar, which seeing as you get a whole extra fall season instead of HS is amazingly good value. No SERIOUS player would stay with HS kickball.
                                It's not just HS soccer, it's other sports and HS activities. Many of these SERIOUS soccer players are multi-sport athletes and play Volleyball, Track, Lacrosse, etc., especially at the younger ages like U14 and U15. I know many players on current GDA squads that are frustrated they can't participate in some of that with their school and have to give up everything for GDA. And yes, these are serious soccer players who treat soccer as their primary passion and want committed players on their squads.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X