Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah, it just washed out to the ocean. After it killed tons of dolphins, birds, fish, and other stuff. Oh yeah, and bunch is still on the floor of the gulf, helping to create a huge "dead zone". Not a big deal unless you, like me, live on this planet.

Your comment has nothing to do with my post and in no way did I try to minimize the fact that it was a disaster. Wait, I actually did say it was a disaster. The actual impact is quite bad in the short but not nearly has disastrous as the Exxon Valdez spill because we have the benefit of the warm strong currents. While 10 years is long time for you and me, it is a relatively short time in environmental terms and the gulf is expected to make a full recovery.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2234465]

Data? Excellent. Let's use data. Data confirms that the earth goes through periods of both warming and cooling. Back in the 70s, scientists said that we were entering the next ice age. This decade, we are suffering from global warming.

Which data are you referencing?
      Back to school for you.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2234461]

Wow. A man so stupid he does not know what "science" is. Science is an approach to knowledge based upon the "scientific" method. Which did not exist when the world was thought to be flat. And what ultimately happened to the flat earthers? They were proven wrong, just like you are. (what a moron!).
        LMAO. I love having a conversation with a self-proclaimed expert. Scientific method? You got it. Let's go with your latest attempt. Will you agree that Albert Einstein was a great mind and used science for all of his research? Great. No dispute.

Did you know that his theory of relativity relied upon a mathematical item called the cosmological constant. This was based upon extensive research and the use of "your" scientific method.

Know what happened? That cosmological constant was proven wrong by other scientists. "What?" you say! How can Einstein be wrong? He used the scientific method to prove his theory.

Blow that out your azz moron. Don't bring your high school education to a PhD fight.

Comment

Climate.nasa.gov is a pretty good place for you to start.

They have graohs. pictures and text. Read it, make the world a better place. Make your mind a better place.

Comment

Your comment has nothing to do with my post and in no way did I try to minimize the fact that it was a disaster. Wait, I actually did say it was a disaster. The actual impact is quite bad in the short but not nearly has disastrous as the Exxon Valdez spill because we have the benefit of the warm strong currents. While 10 years is long time for you and me, it is a relatively short time in environmental terms and the gulf is expected to make a full recovery.
            Exxon Valdez? Alright. Let's go with another human error accident. It's been 29 years since that one. Another situation that involved gross negligence and equipment failure, not normal operation. How is Alaska doing?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2234488]

LMAO. I love having a conversation with a self-proclaimed expert. Scientific method? You got it. Let's go with your latest attempt. Will you agree that Albert Einstein was a great mind and used science for all of his research? Great. No dispute.

Did you know that his theory of relativity relied upon a mathematical item called the cosmological constant. This was based upon extensive research and the use of "your" scientific method.

Know what happened? That cosmological constant was proven wrong by other scientists. "What?" you say! How can Einstein be wrong? He used the scientific method to prove his theory.

Blow that out your azz moron. Don't bring your high school education to a PhD fight.
              I know a lot of PhDs and I frankly can’t imagine any of them using language like that.

Now, back to your problem. So before we get to the science, you might need to buff up on your logic - reasoning and critical thinking. What you posit makes a terrible argument for anything.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2234494]

I know a lot of PhDs and I frankly can’t imagine any of them using language like that.

Now, back to your problem. So before we get to the science, you might need to buff up on your logic - reasoning and critical thinking. What you posit makes a terrible argument for anything.
                Nice. Way to appear to say something, but actually produce nothing at all. Reasoning and critical thinking are both stages that form part of the scientific approach. Shall we also delve into the Socratic method? I can do this all day. You are back-peddling now. Go google some more key words and try again.

And you don't know any PhDs. We don't associate with stupid people. But thanks for letting me through security at the airport today. You'll make supervisor soon enough.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2234506]

Nice. Way to appear to say something, but actually produce nothing at all. Reasoning and critical thinking are both stages that form part of the scientific approach. Shall we also delve into the Socratic method? I can do this all day. You are back-peddling now. Go google some more key words and try again.

And you don't know any PhDs. We don't associate with stupid people. But thanks for letting me through security at the airport today. You'll make supervisor soon enough.
                  Not the poster your are responding to, but real PhD would know the difference between back-peddling and back-pedaling. Nice try though.
                  http://www.dictionary.com/browse/back-pedal

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2234511]

Not the poster your are responding to, but real PhD would know the difference between back-peddling and back-pedaling. Nice try though.
                    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/back-pedal
                    Oops. You caught me. I'm a total illiterate for not catching a typo. Everything previously stated is now totally debunked because of that. Well done.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...pelling%20nazi

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2234506]

I don’t know any PhDs, but if they gave you one, they can’t worth anything. My third grader makes more sense.

Comment

Exxon Valdez? Alright. Let's go with another human error accident. It's been 29 years since that one. Another situation that involved gross negligence and equipment failure, not normal operation. How is Alaska doing?

You are truly an idiot. You are arguing with someone who is essentially agreeing with your position. Nobody is saying that Alaska or the Gulf was not impacted by tragic events but the long term impact on the gulf in the end will be less than the impact in Alaska. Because of varying factors, the gulf will fix itself sooner rather than later. The cold water and lack of strong currents with no microbes capable of feeding on crude in Alaska has indeed rendered that area a wasteland.

Now instead of showing you ignorance further, just go to your mailbox and check to see if you BP lawsuit settlement check has arrived.

Comment

Mr PhD, can we get you to explain how all that stuff on the nasa website is wrong? It is just so confusing.

Comment

The anonymous PhD guy is arguing against man made climate change on the internet. How cute.

Comment

You are truly an idiot. You are arguing with someone who is essentially agreeing with your position. Nobody is saying that Alaska or the Gulf was not impacted by tragic events but the long term impact on the gulf in the end will be less than the impact in Alaska. Because of varying factors, the gulf will fix itself sooner rather than later. The cold water and lack of strong currents with no microbes capable of feeding on crude in Alaska has indeed rendered that area a wasteland.

Now instead of showing you ignorance further, just go to your mailbox and check to see if you BP lawsuit settlement check has arrived.
                              Not who you are arguing with, but the area around Valdez is hardly a wasteland. I work in that area several times a year. There is no evidence of the original spill from 1989. With the amount of regulations now in effect, the area is even better than pre-accident.

And I'm not sure why you are discrediting the BP settlement checks. Those are essential for many people. There is no shame in receiving money from them.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2234522]

I don’t know any PhDs, but if they gave you one, they can’t worth anything. My third grader makes more sense.
                                I bet your third grader has better grammar than you too. Maybe have her read you a book at night? It will help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X