Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He went to Phoenix. You could hear him yelling at his players calling them stupid, and then trying to recruit other club's talent instead of developing his own.
    Right, he went over to the kids from California and Seattle and Virginia and asked them to move to Massachusetts...

Sorry your kid got cut from Stars. Maybe if she had some talent she would have made it.

Comment

JD = cow dung

Comment

Hold on a minute. He was recruiting players from the West Coast? I seriously doubt this post is true. I like to follow the BBA-Stars banter, but it seems like BBA posts here an awful lot. Can anyone confirm?
        One problem with your post, the JD posts here are from the Scorpions crew. Let’s just say I have insider knowledge and 100% confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          One problem with your post, the JD posts here are from the Scorpions crew. Let’s just say I have insider knowledge and 100% confirmation.
          That's doubtful too. Everyone has left Scorpions.

Comment

So, the interaction goes something like this:

A kid from Scorpions makes a couple of plays in a game while JD is waiting for one of his games to start and is watching. He sees it, and thinks to himself, "Gee, that kid might make help out one of our teams" (since he had a couple of teams with small rosters at the event). He knows that Scorpions has maybe 1 or 2 decent players per team, and it should be easy to get them to join a better team. He has the conversation, which sometimes dazzles the family into jumping ship. The kid joins Stars and either steps it up and becomes a contributor or struggles and disappears.

Does it EVER work in reverse, where a Scorpions coach convinces a top Stars player to leave and join Scorpions? If not, why not?

Comment

So, the interaction goes something like this:

A kid from Scorpions makes a couple of plays in a game while JD is waiting for one of his games to start and is watching. He sees it, and thinks to himself, "Gee, that kid might make help out one of our teams" (since he had a couple of teams with small rosters at the event). He knows that Scorpions has maybe 1 or 2 decent players per team, and it should be easy to get them to join a better team. He has the conversation, which sometimes dazzles the family into jumping ship. The kid joins Stars and either steps it up and becomes a contributor or struggles and disappears.

Does it EVER work in reverse, where a Scorpions coach convinces a top Stars player to leave and join Scorpions? If not, why not?
              Because everyone with a soccer-playing daughter knows Fred is slime.

Comment

No motivation in my post. Just looking at both college attendance lists it’s quite clear that DA is the winner this weekend in terms of better and more schools attending...more importantly where the local doc’s and top club coaches going this weekend?
                Just trying to bring this thread back to the original topic, and get info from anyone on the ground in NC.

Sounds like both showcases were pretty well attended to begin with. I'm curious to know if coaches are sticking around the GDA showcase today, Day 4 of the 5 day event. Half of the U17 GDA teams were scheduled to play Saturday, take a day off, then return for games Monday and Tuesday. The other half play(ed) Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday.

Did the coaching ranks at GDA 'showcase' swell today a day after the conclusion of the Phoenix event, or did the numbers decay with each passing day in NC? Any guesses what attendance will be tomorrow?

Comment

Just trying to bring this thread back to the original topic, and get info from anyone on the ground in NC.

Sounds like both showcases were pretty well attended to begin with. I'm curious to know if coaches are sticking around the GDA showcase today, Day 4 of the 5 day event. Half of the U17 GDA teams were scheduled to play Saturday, take a day off, then return for games Monday and Tuesday. The other half play(ed) Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday.

Did the coaching ranks at GDA 'showcase' swell today a day after the conclusion of the Phoenix event, or did the numbers decay with each passing day in NC? Any guesses what attendance will be tomorrow?
                  There are always fewer coaches on the last day, and none of the coaches fly from Phoenix to NC. They either split up or don't attend one of the events.

Comment

There are always fewer coaches on the last day, and none of the coaches fly from Phoenix to NC. They either split up or don't attend one of the events.
                    Yes, I guess it would be unrealistic to expect many coaches to travel to NC from Phoenix. But if they don't, and many of coaches who were in NC since Friday caught a flight out of town on Sunday, a whole lot of U17s aren't getting the exposure they were hoping for.

Hopefully someone who was there today will report what the crowd of coaches looked like today.

Comment

Yes, I guess it would be unrealistic to expect many coaches to travel to NC from Phoenix. But if they don't, and many of coaches who were in NC since Friday caught a flight out of town on Sunday, a whole lot of U17s aren't getting the exposure they were hoping for.

Hopefully someone who was there today will report what the crowd of coaches looked like today.
                      A lot coaches here today. But a lot.

Comment

Hold on a minute. He was recruiting players from the West Coast? I seriously doubt this post is true. I like to follow the BBA-Stars banter, but it seems like BBA posts here an awful lot. Can anyone confirm?
                        JD was at the 04 BBA DA game vs. NTH Tophat today in N.C. I guess some coaches do recruit at both events.

Comment

They get plenty of looks.

Comment

They get plenty of looks.
                            They do, and there were enough coaches there today as well.

Comment

Playing time

GDA teams I’m familiar with only play the subs (and often only use 3 subs) like 15 minutes and some zero minutes even in showcase games. Since GDA is the only soccer they are allowed to do, how can that be good for development or fair? The ECNL teams I know, actually play everyone (maybe more than they should) in showcase games. In addition, top players that are already committed, often sit more than normal to give non-committed players a chance to be seen more. This trend could be a big factor in many non-committed players choosing ECNL, couldn’t it?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2232146]GDA teams I’m familiar with only play the subs (and often only use 3 subs) like 15 minutes and some zero minutes even in showcase games. Since GDA is the only soccer they are allowed to do, how can that be good for development or fair? The ECNL teams I know, actually play everyone (maybe more than they should) in showcase games. In addition, top players that are already committed, often sit more than normal to give non-committed players a chance to be seen more. This trend could be a big factor in many non-committed players choosing ECNL, couldn’t it?[/QUTE]

Sub rules are an issue no doubt. The D is for Development doesn't always hold in DA. I agree most ECNL clubs are good about giving every showcase time.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X