Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I vote that we keep the lists confidential. No need to have people putting the girls down.
    Sorry but DA has always published the lists because we are proud of our rosters. Most clubs teams don't because their rosters change a lot and no one has a great use for them. DA rosters are often copied and pasted for scouts passbook and search engines. Clubs can do whatever they want but DA has a standard format used by the national teams on down.

Its a pride thing. Either you got it or you don't.

Comment

Leave the poor kids alone. They just want to play soccer and don’t need the critics here putting them down.
      I agree. The quality of the team is nobody's business. There is no good use of publishing lists. Just opens up the critics to talk about them coming from B and C teams or whatever, which can be hurtful.

Comment

I vote that we keep the lists confidential. No need to have people putting the girls down.
        If you take a poll of the parents you will likely find they are in favor of keeping lists confidential. The less drama you have to deal with the better.

Comment

If you take a poll of the parents you will likely find they are in favor of keeping lists confidential. The less drama you have to deal with the better.
          I can't imagine the drama on the thorns.

Comment

Sorry but DA has always published the lists because we are proud of our rosters. Most clubs teams don't because their rosters change a lot and no one has a great use for them. DA rosters are often copied and pasted for scouts passbook and search engines. Clubs can do whatever they want but DA has a standard format used by the national teams on down.

Its a pride thing. Either you got it or you don't.
            LOL, I love the cocky assuredness of US Soccer/ DA supporters. They walk very loudly and carry a very small stick. “ Either you got it or you don’t” lol so funny. Then not to be out done. “It’s a pride thing” bwahahahah. Hey how about you win a fricken game, and then pop off little fella.

Comment

The fact some of the girls were on B division teams is non of anyone's business. The playing time guarantee is a big deal for some of us.

Comment

LOL, I love the cocky assuredness of US Soccer/ DA supporters. They walk very loudly and carry a very small stick. “ Either you got it or you don’t” lol so funny. Then not to be out done. “It’s a pride thing” bwahahahah. Hey how about you win a fricken game, and then pop off little fella.
                It's so interesting that we have a DA platform for the most elite youth players in our area & it's only housed with our lone professional MLS & NWSL club.

When will the local neighborhood clubs give up trying to compare what they do to a professional Development Academy? It's not in their DNA, structure or body of work to be considered a DA club (outside of the window dressing little DA farce).

If they were all that and a bag of chips they would of been tapped or selected as a 'Big DA'.

The MLS Timbers & NWSL Thorns are all that in the eyes of US Soccer. Attendance and championships back them up in spades.

Move forward with your child's youth soccer club endeavor and do the best you can with the limited resources and talent you have available. We are all rooting for you and hope you can come to grips with what seems to you an unfair reality. It's truly a blessing.

Comment

The fact some of the girls were on B division teams is non of anyone's business. The playing time guarantee is a big deal for some of us.
                  The girls DA in Portland got some pretty average kids and the ban on high school probably isn’t helping them fill rosters.

Comment

Leave the poor kids alone. They just want to play soccer and don’t need the critics here putting them down.
                    Is that why they aren’t releasing rosters? Poor kids.

Leave the kids alone! They don’t deserve ridicule. What a bunch of jerks.

Comment

This! So much this!

Comment

The girls DA in Portland got some pretty average kids and the ban on high school probably isn’t helping them fill rosters.
                        Aren’t they lifting the ban on high school? I know girls did track.

Comment

Is that why they aren’t releasing rosters? Poor kids.

Leave the kids alone! They don’t deserve ridicule. What a bunch of jerks.
                          I think Timbers kiddie soccer staff are on here writing the long winded posts that are very humorous. Can you shed some light?

Comment

Aren’t they lifting the ban on high school? I know girls did track.
                            Track is probably ok but high school soccer is not very good so kids should skip. Just one persons opinion.

Comment

I think high school sports is an interesting topic. Obviously it’s not high level training or competition. You do get the social aspects that can be very positive. Being a part of your community spirit is pretty positive.

Seems like adapting to the different style of play and differing skill levels of players could be beneficial.

Does taking a few months off high level training really hurt progress that much? Are the benefits of playing high school enough to outweigh the downsides? Haven’t most of the best players of all time played high school soccer?

Comment

I think high school sports is an interesting topic. Obviously it’s not high level training or competition. You do get the social aspects that can be very positive. Being a part of your community spirit is pretty positive.

Seems like adapting to the different style of play and differing skill levels of players could be beneficial.

Does taking a few months off high level training really hurt progress that much? Are the benefits of playing high school enough to outweigh the downsides? Haven’t most of the best players of all time played high school soccer?
                                Nope, only in the states do they try & force kids to play HS.

The rest of the world does not associate school & sport.
                                In this case the World Sport.

HS Baseball, Basetball & Am. Football influenced a world sport.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X