Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYSA State Cup @ Pensacola

What is the fine for a team to forfeit a game at round of 16?

3-4k...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What is the fine for a team to forfeit a game at round of 16?
      From the State Cup rules...

Failing to show for a scheduled match with no or less than a one week’s notification: $3,000 plus $1,000 paid to each team they were scheduled to play.

Comment

From the State Cup rules...

Failing to show for a scheduled match with no or less than a one week’s notification: $3,000 plus $1,000 paid to each team they were scheduled to play.
        A charter bus alone costs that much. Add hotel, food, coach expenses, etc and we are well over $6000 for 1 game, maybe 2. Divide that by 15 players and it is $400 per person. Assume a player gets at least half a game of playing time and that equals $9 per minute on the pitch if 2 games are played.

Yeah, youth soccer is not pay to play my azz. Nice job FYSA.

Comment

A charter bus alone costs that much. Add hotel, food, coach expenses, etc and we are well over $6000 for 1 game, maybe 2. Divide that by 15 players and it is $400 per person. Assume a player gets at least half a game of playing time and that equals $9 per minute on the pitch if 2 games are played.

Pensacola applies to host just like anyone else could- but didn’t. It does make sense to host the games that n a central location like Auburndale or Orlando- they could schedule it at Disney but then They wouldn’t make bank

Comment

Pensacola applies to host just like anyone else could- but didn’t. It does make sense to host the games that n a central location like Auburndale or Orlando- they could schedule it at Disney but then They wouldn’t make bank
            I have heard not many clubs offer to host because the compensation is not enough for the amount of work and wear on the fields. However some clubs obviously did apply to host because the earlier rounds were played in more central locations. Perhaps these clubs did not put in for the round of 16. I admit I don't know, but am guessing it is more a matter of FYSA spreading it around. Pensacola should always be ineligible solely for geographic reasons. it is just way to difficult and expensive to travel there. We will be taking off Friday just to get there for Saturday game. Before NW Florida team chimes in (not sure if any are left playing), yes I know you always have to travel. One or two teams traveling from NW Florida just goes with living there. It does not make sense to make 14-16 teams travel 5-9 hours to play 1 or 2 games.

Comment

I call BS and we should ask for an audit of hosting applications. This is FYSA throwing a bone to Pensacola. Absolutely stupid to make 160 teams travel to an area with 6 teams at most.

Comment

I call BS and we should ask for an audit of hosting applications. This is FYSA throwing a bone to Pensacola. Absolutely stupid to make 160 teams travel to an area with 6 teams at most.
                I suspect you are tight about FSYA throwing Pensacola a bone at our expense, but are there really 160 teams playing there? I know U15 boys, U14 boys, and U15 girls are there. Did not look at other ages. I also know there will be no U15 boys teams from NW florida. They have all been eliminated.

Comment

Five age groups and 16 teams each is 80 teams. It’s probably more like 5 local teams and 75 teams from FAR away.

Comment

Simple, call the state office. No club came to the plate for the Round of 16 except the Gulf Coast Texans. They offered up 8+ fields that FYSA needed for the competition.

Comment

Simple, call the state office. No club came to the plate for the Round of 16 except the Gulf Coast Texans. They offered up 8+ fields that FYSA needed for the competition.
                      See, I call BS. How do you know that?

Comment

See, I call BS. How do you know that?

This has been talked about in another thread. Clubs do not want to host SC. Why volunteer their fields to get torn and not get any incentive to fix them. FYSA will have to come up with a solution. They make a **** load of money.

Comment

I have heard not many clubs offer to host because the compensation is not enough for the amount of work and wear on the fields. However some clubs obviously did apply to host because the earlier rounds were played in more central locations. Perhaps these clubs did not put in for the round of 16. I admit I don't know, but am guessing it is more a matter of FYSA spreading it around. Pensacola should always be ineligible solely for geographic reasons. it is just way to difficult and expensive to travel there. We will be taking off Friday just to get there for Saturday game. Before NW Florida team chimes in (not sure if any are left playing), yes I know you always have to travel. One or two teams traveling from NW Florida just goes with living there. It does not make sense to make 14-16 teams travel 5-9 hours to play 1 or 2 games.
                          You are right- in NWFL we have to travel every weekend. For state cup the closest drive a team has had was 6 hours. Some had 8-10 hour drives for a single game ( first round ). This should be more centrally located. Some Pensacola teams still have to travel though for the round of 16. I think only 1 Pensacola team doesn’t. Not having to take off and drive all that distance and deal with a time change is an advantage.

Comment

We paid less than that for Jeff Cup and that included airfare. 1 game (maybe 2), no guarantee of college coaches, and lose an entire weekend before AP exams start? Sign me up. It's cheaper to pay the forfeit fine.

Comment

Not a single game in Round 1 or 2 was played in Pensacola. Now for the Round of 16, FYSA sends 5 age groups? More than any other location in Florida the entire tournament. Total BS. Somebody is making major bank behind the scenes.

5 age groups x 16 x 20 people (about) per age group = a minimum of 1600 people in town. All of them needing hotel rooms, food, transportation, etc.

And the required travel agent is some 1-person PO box outfit based in Oklahoma. Website is already crashed.

And FYSA wonders why clubs complain? Amateur hour. Ridiculous.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X