•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    1 mediocre club + 1 mediocre club = 2 mediocre clubs
    Coach licensing is low level at best.

What most of these mid sized clubs should do is join together to offer competitive soccer at far reduced fees. Play a limited travel schedule and leave the big clubs for the truly elite.
    Even non-competitive teams are driving all over NE. Just stupid

All kids deserve a chance to play with decent coaching, lower fees and less travel.
    When DR the Director of Coaching has zero qualifications it tells you all you need to know.

Comment

maybe, just maybe, all these negative posts are people who are scared that two mid size clubs have to joined to become a big size club with a big size player pool that now covers twice as much of the map?

knock them all you want but a club with 90 teams 7 of them NPL isn't going anywhere.
      Good point Des!

Comment

DR was told he’ll get to work with Klopp. He’s that stupid that he thought it was all worthwhile.

Comment

1 mediocre club + 1 mediocre club = 2 mediocre clubs
          Coach licensing is low level at best.

What most of these mid sized clubs should do is join together to offer competitive soccer at far reduced fees. Play a limited travel schedule and leave the big clubs for the truly elite.
          Even non-competitive teams are driving all over NE. Just stupid

All kids deserve a chance to play with decent coaching, lower fees and less travel.
          Just to clarify....you are saying that NEFC, Stars, Revs and FC Boston are only coaching true elite players?! My daughter plays for one of those mid sized clubs and we beat some of those clubs team pretty regularly and handily. Now we are not playing their top teams, but by your premise if they are playing for one of those "BIG" clubs then they are in your words "truly elite"

Is that what your saying?

Comment

And still the only time we will hear from DR is when he's chasing up for money. And the only time AVSC will hear from the pro Liverpool team is when they are chasing him up for money for the rights to the name

Comment

I wonder if MH knows what he’s opened himself up to?

Comment

Just to clarify....you are saying that NEFC, Stars, Revs and FC Boston are only coaching true elite players?! My daughter plays for one of those mid sized clubs and we beat some of those clubs team pretty regularly and handily. Now we are not playing their top teams, but by your premise if they are playing for one of those "BIG" clubs then they are in your words "truly elite"

Is that what your saying?
                Nope.

Comment

Many coaches and club directors get abused on this site. Most have others in their corner, pointing out the positives. Has anyone, anywhere, had anything positive to add to DRs contribution?

He can’t coach, has awful business acumen and doesn’t particularly treat people well.

Why would anyone involve themselves with him?

Comment

Many coaches and club directors get abused on this site. Most have others in their corner, pointing out the positives. Has anyone, anywhere, had anything positive to add to DRs contribution?

He can’t coach, has awful business acumen and doesn’t particularly treat people well.

Why would anyone involve themselves with him?
                    Sounds like the perfect partner for MH.

Comment

Only in America could an imbecile like DR make a living around youth sports.

Comment

Unbelievable...

Only in America could an imbecile like DR make a living around youth sports.
                        In response to the aforementioned post, I would LOVE for you to say that to his or anyone's face. Forums like this, while very nice to learn things about people/organizations, say a lot about the folks that complain and post false or opinionated commentaries...grab your **** and use your voice to make real change.

Second, who cares what the name of the Club is, I thought as members of the "soccer community", our job was to have CHILDREN enjoy and grow with the game, not complain and b!tch about specific people and their supposed modus operandi. If DR or MH or any other silly 2 letter acronym wants to start a club and, with a good intentions, grow it into a "business", who am I, or who are you, to say otherwise...

To summarize, if you can do it better, go ahead, pony up about $50K in the first year and give it a shot.

Comment

Haha, thanks for that. It is comedic posts like this that keep me coming back to this site.

No one is saying that people can't run a club if they want to, but some do it better than others and all do it better than DR. During my families time at the club we never heard from him except for the times he wanted money. We would see him at practices at the crap grass field he passed off as a field and at the baseball fields they practice at now and he would always find a way to avoid all parents. Our last year, there was a club wide meeting for all the parents and he just sat there, never addressing us.

It is frustrating to see the guy you pay thousands of dollars to each year not even give you the time of day unless you are a day late paying him. We have since left, are happy at our new club, and have people that actually care about CHILDREN enjoying and growing with the game!

In response to the aforementioned post, I would LOVE for you to say that to his or anyone's face. Forums like this, while very nice to learn things about people/organizations, say a lot about the folks that complain and post false or opinionated commentaries...grab your **** and use your voice to make real change.

Second, who cares what the name of the Club is, I thought as members of the "soccer community", our job was to have CHILDREN enjoy and grow with the game, not complain and b!tch about specific people and their supposed modus operandi. If DR or MH or any other silly 2 letter acronym wants to start a club and, with a good intentions, grow it into a "business", who am I, or who are you, to say otherwise...

To summarize, if you can do it better, go ahead, pony up about $50K in the first year and give it a shot.

Comment

I have said it to his face.... He’s a clown and somehow, I think he’s beginning to realize it

Comment

LFC is talking over Weymouth youth soccer. Right in the backyard of Select and FC Boston. LFC is having a strong month!

Comment

Strong month? They just partnered with DR, one of the worst people in all of club soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X