Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullying in Club Soccer

Does it happen? If so, is it the fault of the players and parents or the coaches? What role do the coaches have in promoting it or stopping it?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does it happen? If so, is it the fault of the players and parents or the coaches? What role do the coaches have in promoting it or stopping it?
    Well, technically, it is tomorrow.

Comment

Dumb thread. Mostly because I hate how people throw around the term, applying it to mean anything someone doesn't like. It diminishes a very serious issue with attention to instances that are sometimes entirely undeserving of it.

Comment

Dumb post DOPE !

Comment

The only people that should be bullied are the ones that post crap like this.

Comment

Most bullying comes from the coaches. It's a sad state of affairs.

Comment

Thankfully, there's NEFC and the wonderful BTNT to look out for us all. Let's cut to that chase.

Comment

Thankfully, there's NEFC and the wonderful BTNT to look out for us all. Let's cut to that chase.
                Pathetic. Stars get caught bashing their players on Twitter and low and behold we have a thread this morning about bullying and 6 posts in it all becomes about BTNT and NEFC. Not to transparent. Not to good an example of bullying.

Comment

Pathetic. Stars get caught bashing their players on Twitter and low and behold we have a thread this morning about bullying and 6 posts in it all becomes about BTNT and NEFC. Not to transparent. Not to good an example of bullying.
                  It's "too," moron. As in, I'm not TOO worried about my kid's involvement with the Stars program, because she has a terrific team, loves her teammates, and is continuing to grow as a player. I'm not TOO concerned with her future as a soccer player, because she will get the exposure that she needs and will play beyond HS if she finds a soccer situation that meets her academic goals. You are TOO transparent in your hatred of this club.

(I would add that it is TOO bad that your kid got cut from Stars, but that line gets used TOO often on TS and for all I know your kid has a scholarship offer to Duke or someplace)

Comment

And yet, virtually every parent I have met has given carte blanche permission to "yell at my kid if you need to." I do not adhere to that philosophy and do not coach in that style, but rarely have I seen parents leave a program due to an overbearing individual. They are more likely to depart due to an insulting fellow parent.
                    Are there coaches that are loutish, mean-spirited, and nasty? Yes, but if they win, nary a word is said.
                    Bullying by coaches has become the rallying cry of the disaffected who refuse to see things objectively. Coaches are easy targets.
                    Go play youth football if you want bullies...yet they wind up at prestigious jobs.

Comment

And yet, virtually every parent I have met has given carte blanche permission to "yell at my kid if you need to." I do not adhere to that philosophy and do not coach in that style, but rarely have I seen parents leave a program due to an overbearing individual. They are more likely to depart due to an insulting fellow parent.
                      Are there coaches that are loutish, mean-spirited, and nasty? Yes, but if they win, nary a word is said.
                      Bullying by coaches has become the rallying cry of the disaffected who refuse to see things objectively. Coaches are easy targets.
                      Go play youth football if you want bullies...yet they wind up at prestigious jobs.
                      So yelling is bullying now...you are such a puss!

Comment

BTDT, will you have another new thread out this afternoon, or will you just be bumping up all of your old faves? Don't you ever have to go out of the house to speak with agents or sponsorship folks?

Comment

great video on bullying, especially the first part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A-pTcP9CjE

Comment

great video on bullying, especially the first part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A-pTcP9CjE
                            That is one of the strongest videos I think I have every watched. Thank you for posting it.

Comment

I can't wait until the day that I never have to step foot on a club soccer field again. My daughter feels differently. She loves her team. On most days, loves her coach, or at least appreciates that although he may be a total jerk, that he is a good coach. He is definitely a bully. So we constantly communicate about how his actions are not okay and that his statements are ridiculous and we focus on the soccer. Everything else is overlooked because this is what my daughter wants and she feels it will help her reach her goals. It is all under control for us, but I have seen many girls and boys crumble in this environment. And sorry to Mr. "I don't like the word bully being used" - it is all bullying.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X