Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is FC STARS of MA getting too impersonal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Says the NEFC parent/coach/administrator who started this thread. Now, there's another thread re NEFC being too big and impersonal. STARS parent/coach/administrator response.

The TS people have no worries. Their ad revenue will continue as long as club soccer continues to be for profit.
    Oh, come on Felger you can do better than this. We need something really mean to get this group riled up. This tired crap aint going to do it anymore.

Comment

Why don't you roll Perspective out and then you can have BTDT answer back with something really nasty about JD or the ECNL. That will get the ball rolling for sure.

Comment

We want Suzy, we want Suzy!!

Comment

We want Suzy, we want Suzy!!
          How about the 3 soccer broads instead? Funny how they are all on at the same time when they chime in.

Comment

They are one of Felger's character misses. I thought that story line had some potential and was sorry to see them go.

Comment

How about the 3 soccer broads instead? Funny how they are all on at the same time when they chime in.
              I'm assuming you mean the Soccer Moms?

I went back to posting anonymously since I was mostly getting grief otherwise.

I assure you, I am a real soccer mom.

Soccer Mom #1

Comment

I'm assuming you mean the Soccer Moms?

I went back to posting anonymously since I was mostly getting grief otherwise.

I assure you, I am a real soccer mom.

Soccer Mom #1
                Start the timer for the other two floozies to chime in

Comment

Start the timer for the other two floozies to chime in
                  Only took 2 min for a dbag to chime in.

Comment

Here's a loaded question, do you think the Stars satelite teams like west , north , south have as much talent as central but are not given the same recognition? Some seem to think they do better and train better than their big sister. Would any leave their situation if given the chance to play on the ECNL or NPL? Just curious if things are better away from JD .

Comment

Here's a loaded question, do you think the Stars satelite teams like west , north , south have as much talent as central but are not given the same recognition? Some seem to think they do better and train better than their big sister. Would any leave their situation if given the chance to play on the ECNL or NPL? Just curious if things are better away from JD .
                      JD picks his chosen few on ECNL and only works with them. He could care less about any of the other kids in the Club. If he thinks there is a great talent in the north, south, east and west, he will go after them. It does start with him as "fish rots from the head down."

Those teams have more autonomy being away from Central as a result, I have heard the culture is better, esp. in the west and north. The south was supposed to be developed by BB but so far it appears he is not delivering.....

There is a lot of favoritism amongst the coaches at this Club compared to other clubs. If you are "in" you are all set. If you are "out" well-- you should think about leaving. Oh-- that's if you can find your coach... Big bait and switch .....

Comment

JD picks his chosen few on ECNL and only works with them. He could care less about any of the other kids in the Club. If he thinks there is a great talent in the north, south, east and west, he will go after them. It does start with him as "fish rots from the head down."

Those teams have more autonomy being away from Central as a result, I have heard the culture is better, esp. in the west and north. The south was supposed to be developed by BB but so far it appears he is not delivering.....

There is a lot of favoritism amongst the coaches at this Club compared to other clubs. If you are "in" you are all set. If you are "out" well-- you should think about leaving. Oh-- that's if you can find your coach... Big bait and switch .....
                        Do you think he allows the the other regions to make decisions on their own or do they have to run everything by JD. How much freedom do these coaches have?

Comment

This last post is an example of a softball pitch, what it is designed to do is get someone to defend what the Stars do, then Felger will swoop in with a couple of anonymous incredibly biased and nasty comments to get them angry to incite an argument. Its all part of the dunk tank routine.

Comment

This seems to be an issue with the big clubs. You almost can't blame them as they are getting "new blood" every year (more so than other clubs). They are a business, so for the business side of things, getting better players every year is how you continue the business. You aren't developing as much as you are recruiting. As they say, as soon as you accept a spot on an elite team, they are already looking for your replacement.

Comment

...There is a lot of favoritism amongst the coaches at this Club compared to other clubs. If you are "in" you are all set....
                              At NEFC it's called "loyalty."

Comment

As people have said again and again, no club is perfect.

Not a Stars parent, but I have 3 friends with boys at Stars Central and all are unhappy in some way or another.

From a high player to coach ratio at U9, to coaches who can't make games, to the meanness of some coaches who berate their players.

Friends at NEFC have also complained about mean coaches and coaches that don't show.

We're at GPS. We don't personally have coach attendance issues, but our coach does keep kids in set positions and some kids (not mine) don't get a lot of playing time. So that's our gripe so far with GPS.

There are good coaches and teams everywhere. The key is finding a coach, not a club.

If you are unhappy, watch the coaches of the teams you play. Go practice with another clubs team. Tryout for as many clubs as you can come Spring.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X