X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U9 - U13 is futsal wasteland

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The point was, just because they won championships doesn't mean that there's no local competition.
    There are plenty of very good futsal teams and clubs in MA, and the ones that go to the nationals all seem to do very well relative to the other teams that show up there.

Is there a local team that hasn't lost a futsal game in MA? If so, then you can make the "national" claim.

There are excellent futsal players in MA and elsewhere. There's no reason to believe that you need to travel "nationally" to play other good futsal teams.
    It's true for U14 and above with teams like the black knights, Barcelona, even the Bolts. The lower age groups are over-enrolled with daddy coaches and clubs that have no interest in futsal, just a winter training stopgap. Complete wasteland if you're a competitive player.

Comment

It's true for U14 and above with teams like the black knights, Barcelona, even the Bolts. The lower age groups are over-enrolled with daddy coaches and clubs that have no interest in futsal, just a winter training stopgap. Complete wasteland if you're a competitive player.
      Not sure this is exactly true for girls. My D's team played up two age groups and won every game easily. Where are these competitive leagues specific to girls? This year they are trying Eastern Premier futsal, which I'm hoping will be more competitive. Not saying national travel is required, however, I just don't see alot of strong competition on the girls side.

Comment

"Even the Bolts"? Look who has won the NE Regionals the last few years, beating the Black Knights this past winter. And no, there is not much good futsal competition in MA, at least on the boys side, and not many national level players other than MK.

Comment

at the national tourney, i saw the black knights give the MLS Sporting KC futsal squad a tough match - a real scare. the black knights had a few players better than SKC, but lacked the depth

there are some good squads, and some not-so-good - just like the outdoor game

Comment

How could the black knights u13 be 2nd int he country when they didn't even play in the finals at regionals! Don't brag to much parents!

Comment

How could the black knights u13 be 2nd int he country when they didn't even play in the finals at regionals! Don't brag to much parents!
              i am the one who saw the black knights last year (maybe the year before?) - it was the u18 boys squad i saw against sporting kc. i was there with my younger squad from another club and gender. the black knights were outstanding. everybody (and i mean everybody) gathered around to watch the match, unlike most of the matches, where only the parents showed up.

i also know we denigrate the referees in a lot of these threads (and there are quite a few i'd like a word with), but if i recall correctly, it was a pair of mass futsal refs who did the match, and they did a good job, as it was hellaciously intense, fast, and physical (for futsal) match.

Comment

i am the one who saw the black knights last year (maybe the year before?) - it was the u18 boys squad i saw against sporting kc. i was there with my younger squad from another club and gender. the black knights were outstanding. everybody (and i mean everybody) gathered around to watch the match, unlike most of the matches, where only the parents showed up.

i also know we denigrate the referees in a lot of these threads (and there are quite a few i'd like a word with), but if i recall correctly, it was a pair of mass futsal refs who did the match, and they did a good job, as it was hellaciously intense, fast, and physical (for futsal) match.
                Any team can go to Nationals. No qualifying is necessary. The Black Knights did not win NE Regionals - lost to Bolts.

Comment

Any team can go to Nationals. No qualifying is necessary. The Black Knights did not win NE Regionals - lost to Bolts.
                  false

Comment

false
                    need to qualify. its not disney

Comment

need to qualify. its not disney
                      Incorrect. Qualifying guarantees a berth. You can still apply to play in Nationals without attending Regionals.

Comment

Not sure this is exactly true for girls. My D's team played up two age groups and won every game easily. Where are these competitive leagues specific to girls? This year they are trying Eastern Premier futsal, which I'm hoping will be more competitive. Not saying national travel is required, however, I just don't see alot of strong competition on the girls side.
                        A girl's U14 team from Massachusetts won Nationals this past year. Maybe you aren't looking hard enough.

Comment

false
                          True. A team can get an automatic berth if they are finalists in regionals but other spots are available on a space available basis. We were getting e-mails looking for teams up until a week before nationals.

Comment

They said Nov 7
                            Has anyone heard back yet?

Comment

Has anyone heard back yet?
                              Nothing yet... suppose to be 11/7. They are late just like every other league and club

Comment

IDed

Nothing yet... suppose to be 11/7. They are late just like every other league and club
                                Got the word today!

Anyone going?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X