Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Futsal is great. But my kid did the ID camp last year and it was a scam. I knew we had trouble when one kid, who absolutely refused to pass the ball to anyone and got lucky by scoring a goal off a ricochet, was high fived by the coach when he came off the court. At the end, the players named to the regional team all played for teams that were coached by the people running the tryouts. What a joke.

This year, I'll save my money.
    that's our regular soccer forward! please. look up! now! cross! stop practicing every trick you ever learned. uh ohhhhhh

Comment

Yes, I saw that as well. My kid was wide open on the far post multiple times while one kid took on 2 players and then lost the ball, repeatedly. And that kid was selected for the national camp.

Not a complete joke because several of the kids that were selected are truly great players. But frustrating that kids that didn't pass (and lost the ball) were selected.
      equal to MA ODP. If you were "selected" = paid $, you were accepted. No qualifying need. You know who you are, MA succers - state of US soccer pay to play model. Those who pay, play.

Comment

equal to MA ODP. If you were "selected" = paid $, you were accepted. No qualifying need. You know who you are, MA succers - state of US soccer pay to play model. Those who pay, play.
        ODP overly delusional parents

Comment

i heard they have a hard time filling the slots. Talent originally identified needs to be supported by paying clientelle recruited as succkers.

Comment

i heard they have a hard time filling the slots. Talent originally identified needs to be supported by paying clientelle recruited as succkers.
            yes to both. ODP and FUtsal ID.

Pathetic.

Comment

how bout a schedule?

hey, any overly delusional parents have the schedule yet? it's next weekend for pete's sake!

Comment

hey, any overly delusional parents have the schedule yet? it's next weekend for pete's sake!
                HEy dopey, they told you a week ahead...that would not be today!

Comment

yeah what a crock.....get organized@!

Comment

Total joke and waste of time/money. You'll see.

Comment

Total joke and waste of time/money. You'll see.
                      Sorry your kid was not called up! Keep braging to your fiends how jr scored 6 goals in MAPLE division5...

Comment

Sorry your kid was not called up! Keep braging to your fiends how jr scored 6 goals in MAPLE division5...
                        For your information my son is playing DAP. Futsal is great, but program this thread is talking about is joke. Seen it first hand.

Comment

disgusted

For your information my son is playing DAP. Futsal is great, but program this thread is talking about is joke. Seen it first hand.
                          :{

so true - just the absurdly ridiculous schedule that came out - obvious it's a joke. Sucks. Not looking forward to having signed up.

Comment

:{

so true - just the absurdly ridiculous schedule that came out - obvious it's a joke. Sucks. Not looking forward to having signed up.
                            So my kids plays on a very stong u14 team and he is invited to the ID camp. We are going to go to see what it is about as his buddy made the national team last year and liked it. His parents said the training was very good, the players all got along, but the admin is a bit disorganized. If you can handle that portion it will be fun for the players that make it to regional/national pool.

In the grand scheme of soccer, the $150 for 3 days of training seemed like a reasonable investment...cheaper than 3 days of skiing!

Comment

So my kids plays on a very stong u14 team and he is invited to the ID camp. We are going to go to see what it is about as his buddy made the national team last year and liked it. His parents said the training was very good, the players all got along, but the admin is a bit disorganized. If you can handle that portion it will be fun for the players that make it to regional/national pool.

In the grand scheme of soccer, the $150 for 3 days of training seemed like a reasonable investment...cheaper than 3 days of skiing!
                              If your son's coach is one of the guys running the ID camp and making the evaluations, then your son probably has a good shot at moving on, as those guys all take care of each other. And if he isn't? Then your son has no chance.

Comment

If your son's coach is one of the guys running the ID camp and making the evaluations, then your son probably has a good shot at moving on, as those guys all take care of each other. And if he isn't? Then your son has no chance.
                                Not true at all. I know of many players that made the national squad that had no relationship with the staff.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X