Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is nobody interested in talking about how these teams could play the top Maple teams in spring, like a MA Champions League? Is it just naive to think it would be simple to do? There are obvious advantages to big clubs with greater resources and to small clubs with more personal coaching, why can't they all have access to the best competition?
    I LOVE this idea, the only loser would be the angry TS "my league is better than yours" posters.

Comment

I LOVE this idea, the only loser would be the angry TS "my league is better than yours" posters.
      Let's do it - I like the idea of TS being a vehicle for positive change. We have developed quite a brotherhood on these pages, let's see if we can make this happen. All of MA under one roof, all the best teams in a spring league playing for the genuine right to be called #1.

Comment

Let's do it - I like the idea of TS being a vehicle for positive change. We have developed quite a brotherhood on these pages, let's see if we can make this happen. All of MA under one roof, all the best teams in a spring league playing for the genuine right to be called #1.
        I support that.

Comment

PTUSA does not have an outstanding striker, sorry. Not a good team at all.
          Based on?

The striker ( along with 3-4 others ) could play on any U13 team in Ma and make them better.

The team isn't the best in Ma but they are solid, well organized and technically sound.

Comment

Based on?

The striker ( along with 3-4 others ) could play on any U13 team in Ma and make them better.

The team isn't the best in Ma but they are solid, well organized and technically sound.
            That's true of Mutiny, Blazers, Rams also. GPS just has more teams to pluck their NPL MA from so of course they are stronger. Individually better? Of course not. If you took the best players from those four teams it would not be close. Bigger is not always better.

Comment

How? I can't see the big clubs wanting to risk being exposed.

Comment

How? I can't see the big clubs wanting to risk being exposed.
                That's why created NEP in the first place.

Comment

But now they are supremely confident of their superiority over the MAPLE "town teams". Let's put the hubris on both sides to the test. It would be good for MA soccer overall.

Comment

But now they are supremely confident of their superiority over the MAPLE "town teams". Let's put the hubris on both sides to the test. It would be good for MA soccer overall.
                    Totally agree

Comment

Motive

They created NEP to secure more of the club soccer revenue pie. The motivation is $$$, not avoiding competition on the field. The best teams not playing each other, is just a bad by-product.

Comment

I am not saying that this should or should not happen.....but why, in your sentiment, does it need to happen? Whose ego is being satisfied? Surely, the kids are not going to school talking about MAPLE vs. NEP. I imagine that this is about the parents who are spilling thousands of dollars into the system, the coaches who are trying to earn 5-10K per team, and the clubs who are wondering if they should charge more during the following season or will being the best league bring more players....or both.

Won't the state cup be enough for another thread on TS?? Then the parents can get on here and post, for example, 'that since the Mutiny beat Aztec, and Aztec tied GPS NPL Mass, and the total goal differential in two meetings between the GPS team and NEFC favors GPS, then it stands to reason that Mutiny should win the state cup!!!!

Comment

I am not saying that this should or should not happen.....but why, in your sentiment, does it need to happen? Whose ego is being satisfied? Surely, the kids are not going to school talking about MAPLE vs. NEP. I imagine that this is about the parents who are spilling thousands of dollars into the system, the coaches who are trying to earn 5-10K per team, and the clubs who are wondering if they should charge more during the following season or will being the best league bring more players....or both.

Won't the state cup be enough for another thread on TS?? Then the parents can get on here and post, for example, 'that since the Mutiny beat Aztec, and Aztec tied GPS NPL Mass, and the total goal differential in two meetings between the GPS team and NEFC favors GPS, then it stands to reason that Mutiny should win the state cup!!!!
                          First paragraph, I agree on. The other doesn't hold up. The GPS NPL team has without a doubt ,the top U13 players in the entire region. Not Valeo, not NEFC, not Blazers or anyone else for that matter. GPS NPL have assembled the very best in that age group onto one team and apart from a couple of draws where key players were missing, their potent offense and stellar defense is apparent.

Comment

It's not confidence, it's a well known fact.

Comment

Who would you consider the 'A' level teams?
                              I have seen the present top teams of the Maple Blue B13 play and not impressed in the least. Not good soccer is being played over there, just horrendous as a matter of fact.

Comment

I have seen the present top teams of the Maple Blue B13 play and not impressed in the least. Not good soccer is being played over there, just horrendous as a matter of fact.
                                The Valeo U13 is nothing, the Blazers are average and I have never seen such smaller players in my life on the Valeo U12. They look like toddlers!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X