X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NN starting keeper was not there.
    The score of pre-season games mean absolutely nothing. Coaches experiment a lot in these games. Unless you have the best of both teams playing the entire game, the score means nothing. Before you accuse me of being a parent of the losing team, I'm not. Actually a Franklin parent. Both of these teams have been solid in the past and are always great competitors.

Comment

Mass Live has profiled some of the top teams in Western Mass including Belchertown. Links to the articles are below.

http://highschoolsports.masslive.com...cart_hssn-rr-1

http://highschoolsports.masslive.com...ferent-result/

Comment

The score of pre-season games mean absolutely nothing. Coaches experiment a lot in these games. Unless you have the best of both teams playing the entire game, the score means nothing. Before you accuse me of being a parent of the losing team, I'm not. Actually a Franklin parent. Both of these teams have been solid in the past and are always great competitors.
        I think you can tell things from pre season games. I sure can. Newton crushed us last year in the pre season game. Newton had a special player in the midfield last year. They looked average this game. We are better/not like HD etc. team.

Comment

I think you can tell things from pre season games. I sure can. Newton crushed us last year in the pre season game. Newton had a special player in the midfield last year. They looked average this game. We are better/not like HD etc. team.
          I do agree with your statement. Some people just make too big of a deal about the score. You can definitely tell if a team is stronger or weaker from a previous year.

Comment

Past is Past! Now is Now! Newton North had a strong boys program IN THE PAST !

Comment

Those crazy Mountaineer parents children have graduated. Please don't lump all in that group as I 100% agree that there were some real gems that made most of us cringe. There was a reason those ding-bats were by themselves. Every team has a bunch of loney parents (Yes, Wach 'had' more than others)....not going to name towns, but no team is loney parent free.

Westboro I due beleive graduated a large group of seniors, but they won't be a pushover. Coach Mumby will get them back.

Nashoba has a new coach, but expect them to be strong as always.

Gonk... I don't know their status. Just know one of the young star players has a knee injury (Hope for speedy recovery).

Wachusett should be better than last year. Solid starting line-up.

Best of luck to all and looking forward to a fun season.
              Those crazy Wachu parents are still there. The coach pretends they left but they are the silent deadly types. Wait!

Comment

Those crazy Wachu parents are still there. The coach pretends they left but they are the silent deadly types. Wait!
                jnnnj

Comment

Those crazy Mountaineer parents children have graduated. Please don't lump all in that group as I 100% agree that there were some real gems that made most of us cringe. There was a reason those ding-bats were by themselves. Every team has a bunch of loney parents (Yes, Wach 'had' more than others)....not going to name towns, but no team is loney parent free.

Westboro I due beleive graduated a large group of seniors, but they won't be a pushover. Coach Mumby will get them back.

Nashoba has a new coach, but expect them to be strong as always.

Gonk... I don't know their status. Just know one of the young star players has a knee injury (Hope for speedy recovery).

Wachusett should be better than last year. Solid starting line-up.

Best of luck to all and looking forward to a fun season.
                  rightttttt, the crazy ones have left and here is a sane one posting this before the season begins....anyway, it will be as usual with Gonk and Nashoba leading the way due to superior talent and coaching as usual, everyone else this year already knows this.

Comment

Peabody scrimmaged LS last night. 3-2 game, but they were outplayed for most of the match. LS tied Wellesley 2-2 previously. 12 Sophs and Frosh on varsity. Lots of youth suggests they will struggle.

Comment

rightttttt, the crazy ones have left and here is a sane one posting this before the season begins....anyway, it will be as usual with Gonk and Nashoba leading the way due to superior talent and coaching as usual, everyone else this year already knows this.
                      Gonk and Nashoba have totally calm and rational parents on the sidelines...... I'll sell you some ocean front land in Arizona.

Comment

Peabody scrimmaged LS last night. 3-2 game, but they were outplayed for most of the match. LS tied Wellesley 2-2 previously. 12 Sophs and Frosh on varsity. Lots of youth suggests they will struggle.
                        Anybody got a score for NN vs AB scrimmage today?

Comment

Mass Live has profiled some of the top teams in Western Mass including Belchertown. Links to the articles are below.

http://highschoolsports.masslive.com...ferent-result/

Belchertown will have to face some karmic debts. They will struggle without the twins, especially since Chaug is still quite strong. They have talented players from last year who were overshadowed by the twins, and the team chemistry should be better, so that will help. B-town should make playoffs, but my money's on another Pittsfield-Chaug WM final.

Granby lost 4 strong seniors and losing EM this year really hurts the team. This year could be tough. They have strong defenders from last year, and are bringing up a few talented 8th graders, but EM is one of those players who can score in big situations. She brings something extra to the team. I'll get to see them play in Ludlow this weekend, so I'll form my own opinion regarding AS (another forward mentioned in the article). However, from what my daughter says, EM is in another league compared to her. Granby will make playoffs, but they'll face very strong competition just in league play.

Comment

Did Peabody beat LS 3-2 or vice versa? And are you referring to LS with 12 Sophs and 1 Freshman or Peabody?

Comment

Belchertown will have to face some karmic debts. They will struggle without the twins, especially since Chaug is still quite strong. They have talented players from last year who were overshadowed by the twins, and the team chemistry should be better, so that will help. B-town should make playoffs, but my money's on another Pittsfield-Chaug WM final.

Granby lost 4 strong seniors and losing EM this year really hurts the team. This year could be tough. They have strong defenders from last year, and are bringing up a few talented 8th graders, but EM is one of those players who can score in big situations. She brings something extra to the team. I'll get to see them play in Ludlow this weekend, so I'll form my own opinion regarding AS (another forward mentioned in the article). However, from what my daughter says, EM is in another league compared to her. Granby will make playoffs, but they'll face very strong competition just in league play.
                              Wondering if Ludlow girls are ever contenders? You seem to know about western mass so I figure to ask. My daughter is light years away from HS so just wondering.

Comment

Anybody got a score for NN vs AB scrimmage today?
                                Crickets

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X