Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not at all. A #15 seed who is under .500 is expected to get dominated by a #2 seed.

If Marshfield played in a tougher conference they would not have qualified at all.
    They play a very tough non league schedule and would love to get out of their current league.

They are an ok team and as good as SL, Weymouth etc

Comment

Yes, but to who are the paying the compliments to and why on TS? Why not just do it privately to the team....directly.

Needham has a good team, but can be beat. They had four ties during the season. They have to get past Wellesley before moving on to the next game. Wellesley has gotten better with each game during the season (great coach). If Needham comes into this game already looking at the next, then they will lose.
      Did Needham and Wellesley compete during the regular season?

Comment

Did anyone see this game? I was expecting Braintree to give Franklin a tough test... Is Franklin a stronger team than people gave them credit for or was Braintree weaker? This was my "upset special"!
        I was at this game. Franklin is a good team and was the better team last night and deserved the win. With that said, the first goal was a complete fluke. Franklin had a free kick about 30-40 yards out. The free kick was lofted to the back post and it literally hit the back post maybe about 2 inches from the upper 90. The Braintree keeper was watching the ball the whole time and let it go and thought it hit the football goal post. Thinking this he completely stopped playing and Franklin tapped in the rebound. The kid is a pretty good keeper so it was a total brain fart.

The second goal was legit though and came about a minute later as Braintree looked stunned. Like I said, Franklin deserved the W but it was a fairly even game. I do think Franklin is over confident and arrogant. They're one of those teams that laughs and whoops it up when a player makes a nice move. They seem to talk a lot of trash. I really don't care about these things if you're truly something special. I don't think Franklin is a great team though and I'd be shocked if they got past Needham. Silver Lake should be a tough next test though.

Comment

Did Needham and Wellesley compete during the regular season?
          Needham won, but that was a long time ago...first game of season. Wellesley has gotten much better since.

Comment

Needham won, but that was a long time ago...first game of season. Wellesley has gotten much better since.
            Whos to say needham hasnt gotten better after an entire season of great coaching as well?

Comment

Marshfield had their worst record in over 25 years this season...
              Dropping 4 games against Plymouth teams probably has something to do with that.

Did you actually see them play at all? Of course not, you have a PT agenda and think this will be a good way to address it.

Comment

Whos to say needham hasnt gotten better after an entire season of great coaching as well?
                That is correct. Who is to say anything? Tournament time brings out a new and reinvigorated spirit that allows lower ranked team to rise above and beat the beast.

Comment

Well said Coach!

Comment

Well said Coach!
                    I doubt anyone disputes the fact that Needham is favored vs Wellesley. But if Wellesley plays with the same style and intensity as it did vs Framingham earlier this year then anything can happen. A scoreless game will result in PK's and then it's a coin toss.

Comment

I was at this game. Franklin is a good team and was the better team last night and deserved the win. With that said, the first goal was a complete fluke. Franklin had a free kick about 30-40 yards out. The free kick was lofted to the back post and it literally hit the back post maybe about 2 inches from the upper 90. The Braintree keeper was watching the ball the whole time and let it go and thought it hit the football goal post. Thinking this he completely stopped playing and Franklin tapped in the rebound. The kid is a pretty good keeper so it was a total brain fart.

The second goal was legit though and came about a minute later as Braintree looked stunned. Like I said, Franklin deserved the W but it was a fairly even game. I do think Franklin is over confident and arrogant. They're one of those teams that laughs and whoops it up when a player makes a nice move. They seem to talk a lot of trash. I really don't care about these things if you're truly something special. I don't think Franklin is a great team though and I'd be shocked if they got past Needham. Silver Lake should be a tough next test though.
                      One of the advantages of having home field. Franklin probably knew to play the whistle on shots hitting the post for this reason. It's the coaches responsibility to tell the keeper and his players to keep playing on those soccer/football goal posts. Franklin has a lot of seniors and is supposed to be very strong. If Franklin can get by an improving Silver Lake team, they may give Needham it's toughest challenge of the tournament.
                      Last edited by AlexFilides; 11-05-2014, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
                        One of the advantages of having home field. Franklin probably knew to play the whistle on shots hitting the post for this reason. It's the coaches responsibility to tell the keeper and his players to keep playing on those soccer/football goal posts. Franklin has a lot of seniors and is supposed to be very strong. In fact, they may give Needham it's toughest test. If Franklin can get by an improving Silver Lake team, they may give Needham it's toughest challenge of the tournament.
                        You are assuming Needham gets by Wellesley first. One game at a time.

Comment

Dropping 4 games against Plymouth teams probably has something to do with that.

Did you actually see them play at all? Of course not, you have a PT agenda and think this will be a good way to address it.
                          PT always makes it about PT.

Comment

State Division 1

You are assuming Needham gets by Wellesley first. One game at a time.
                            I have complete confidence in my team that we can win the D1 outright. But I can't say we're in the driver's seat now. Ask me in four more games. On any given night in this conference, anyone can beat you.

Comment

"PT always makes it about PT.

Thanks for the comment TD.

Comment

Not TD but close!

Father or son? Ummmmmm

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X