Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This may be a true, but I personally have a difficult time believing the story that follows any time a poster begins with "I am not a XXX Club parent" or says that they attended a game against the club/team in question. It just seems like someone pushing their agenda but trying to appear as if they do not have a vested interest, when they do.
    That is the oldest trick in the TS book con's.

Comment

My son has graduated into the older ranks of club soccer, but I think currently Scorpions has distanced themselves on the boys side as the top club for youth player development on the south shore. Their u10-14 age groups have produced many strong teams over the last few years. They have had trouble in recent years keeping teams together past u14, but many of the top players have gone to play for DAP clubs or larger clubs with a wider college recruiting base on the boys side. I am not knocking other clubs, but do think Scorpions offers the best program on the south shore for younger boys at this time.

Comment

I hope your u10 can swim. The scorpions will throw him into the POOL, and there is no lifeguard.

Comment

My son has graduated into the older ranks of club soccer, but I think currently Scorpions has distanced themselves on the boys side as the top club for youth player development on the south shore. Their u10-14 age groups have produced many strong teams over the last few years. They have had trouble in recent years keeping teams together past u14, but many of the top players have gone to play for DAP clubs or larger clubs with a wider college recruiting base on the boys side. I am not knocking other clubs, but do think Scorpions offers the best program on the south shore for younger boys at this time.
          So why are they short and keep moving kids from one age group to others so they have enough !!

Comment

So how come they were at the rev try out!!!!!

Comment

Drive south of south shore into Rhode island and stop at Bayside FC.

Comment

So how come they were at the rev try out!!!!!
                Um because the Revs are free.

Comment

Wow! I just happened this thread by chance! Years ago, in the beginning of club soccer, it was nothing like this. I played for "South Coast Girl Soccer Club" (which is now scorpions) and I have come to realize how distressed club soccer has become. We only had one team per age group. Most girls stayed with the teams from U12 - U18. We loved each other like family. We didn't even need try outs each year. South Coast was awesome. I am ashamed that the "scorpions", and SSS and others have come to low as to have B and C teams. You parents are wasting your money if they don't make the A team. Harvard? Does an Ivy League school make you as wonderful role model and soccer? maybe if she played :-( Poor Liz was pushed hard by her father. Cecilia was cool as far as I remember and she played for South Coast where her dad was also a coach!
                  Original poster- my advice is that 7 years old might be too young for club. Have him start out small. And as far as club team for the 11 year old, research each potential coach for his particular age group and attend a couple of games from the sidelines to see how the parents get along. If he makes A team, stay. Last team? They only want your money.
                  It is awful to see that club soccer on the south shore is like this.

Comment

Wow! I just happened this thread by chance! Years ago, in the beginning of club soccer, it was nothing like this. I played for "South Coast Girl Soccer Club" (which is now scorpions) and I have come to realize how distressed club soccer has become. We only had one team per age group. Most girls stayed with the teams from U12 - U18. We loved each other like family. We didn't even need try outs each year. South Coast was awesome. I am ashamed that the "scorpions", and SSS and others have come to low as to have B and C teams. You parents are wasting your money if they don't make the A team. Harvard? Does an Ivy League school make you as wonderful role model and soccer? maybe if she played :-( Poor Liz was pushed hard by her father. Cecilia was cool as far as I remember and she played for South Coast where her dad was also a coach!
                    Original poster- my advice is that 7 years old might be too young for club. Have him start out small. And as far as club team for the 11 year old, research each potential coach for his particular age group and attend a couple of games from the sidelines to see how the parents get along. If he makes A team, stay. Last team? They only want your money.
                    Check out NEFC, they have parents wallets in their hands. C-D teams are a great option for those with money to burn.

Comment

I wonder where this now 9 year old ended up.

Comment

Originally posted by header View Post
                        Hopefully a playground somewhere, climbing trees and having fun until the street lights come on.

Comment

Go and watch some games of the clubs that interest you. Different coaches have different philosophies.

Comment

Catalogued deeply into the mind of his creator in case might come in handy later.

Comment

Think of one of the so called fictional soccer moms that Perspective was claiming didn't actually exist. Could be one of them.

Comment

The best South shore club is Valeo!

Come by and try us out. We have 24x7 practices. We have the top team in all 3 genders. Yes I said three. Didn't hear about the 3rd gender? That is because GPS screwed you over and doesn't tell you about it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X