Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mom and dad screaming "send him" at the top of their lungs the entire game is a cause. So is the "good play, Johnny" when Johnny randomly boots the ball at midfield or passes the ball into "non-space" as soon as it comes to his foot. But it really falls on the coaches to get the kids to play more intelligent soccer and to tell the parents what intelligent soccer is (even down to the little detail of having a team meeting with parents to share with them what to cheer and what not to cheer). Or to teach the kids what playing from the back is and the advantages of it over a random boot goal kick where you're going to lose possession 65% of the time. I get the coaches are volunteers. But taking the initiative to learn a bit more about soccer by something as simple as web research doesn't seem like a high price.

The dreadful soccer you see has a lot more to do with that than anything.
    Coaches aren't going to tell parents how to cheer. The couldn't care less if parents say weird things on the sidelines. And same for me. If I find it's annoying, I just move down to the 18. Or better yet, they have these cool things you can put in your ears and listen to music to drown out the people noises.

Comment

Coaches aren't going to tell parents how to cheer. The couldn't care less if parents say weird things on the sidelines. And same for me. If I find it's annoying, I just move down to the 18. Or better yet, they have these cool things you can put in your ears and listen to music to drown out the people noises.

1. You are out in the public and you have no control over free speech.
      2. If you don't like what you hear then, as the poster said, move away.
      3. Sideline parents are akin to road rage. If you want to test then don't be upset with the result.
      4. I would hope that coaches care what their parents say especially if they are coaching from the sideline. I would also hope that the club cares. If they don't then consider another coach or club since sideline coaching it counter productive
      5. I would like to see both clubs penalized every time a ref talks to parents. Why both clubs? Who can tell which club the parents are from? Penalize both!!!

Comment

1. You are out in the public and you have no control over free speech.
        2. If you don't like what you hear then, as the poster said, move away.
        3. Sideline parents are akin to road rage. If you want to test then don't be upset with the result.
        4. I would hope that coaches care what their parents say especially if they are coaching from the sideline. I would also hope that the club cares. If they don't then consider another coach or club since sideline coaching it counter productive
        5. I would like to see both clubs penalized every time a ref talks to parents. Why both clubs? Who can tell which club the parents are from? Penalize both!!!
        6. I pray that ref's who are incompetent find another way to earn a few extra bucks.
        7. I would love to see ref's with a God complex and rabbit ear who go out of their way to antagonize players, coaches and parents drummed out of the game.
        8. It would be great if those who can't stand sideline parents would remember that soccer is a sport and fans are supposed to be passionate, otherwise one might as well go watch mountain climbing.
        It would be awesome if Doc's, coaches and ref's remembered who pays their check.. the sideline parents.

Comment

I don't care either other than the effect that it has on the kids on the field. With parents screaming send him, the kid hauls off and whacks the ball down the field. And then that bad play is cheered.

Comment

I don't care either other than the effect that it has on the kids on the field. With parents screaming send him, the kid hauls off and whacks the ball down the field. And then that bad play is cheered.
            Well if they had better coaching that wouldn't be a problem. Let's face it, if they are past 11-12 years old and they are still listening to their parents it's because they don't know enough about the game to know better. Who's fault is that?

Comment

Well if they had better coaching that wouldn't be a problem. Let's face it, if they are past 11-12 years old and they are still listening to their parents it's because they don't know enough about the game to know better. Who's fault is that?
              Exactly. Kids can't even hear the coach when they are on the ball, even less so with parents screaming.

Comment

Exactly. Kids can't even hear the coach when they are on the ball, even less so with parents screaming.
                The coach should shut his pie hole too when the kids are on the ball. Prepare them through practice and warm ups to make good decisions and the technical ability to function. And then let them go out there and make good and bad decisions and learn from that. Too many coaches and parents are out there screaming "pass to Tommy" or "switch it".

Comment

Wouldn't want to play for a screaming coach. Wouldn't want my parents screaming out at me.

Parents are irrelevant, but they think they're somehow involved in a game. 99% of what parents yell is not heard by players, only other parents. It's only a distraction if you kid does hear you.

Nothing funnier than watching parents that obviously have never even kicked a soccer ball shouting out directions, like they mean something. Drop your kid off and go find a hobby.

Comment

"Just Kick The Ball"

Comment

Wouldn't want to play for a screaming coach. Wouldn't want my parents screaming out at me.

Parents are irrelevant, but they think they're somehow involved in a game. 99% of what parents yell is not heard by players, only other parents. It's only a distraction if you kid does hear you.

Nothing funnier than watching parents that obviously have never even kicked a soccer ball shouting out directions, like they mean something. Drop your kid off and go find a hobby.
                      I think the younger players hear the sideline parents and the bad habits start to be solidified at a young age because of that.

Comment

6. I pray that ref's who are incompetent find another way to earn a few extra bucks.
                        7. I would love to see ref's with a God complex and rabbit ear who go out of their way to antagonize players, coaches and parents drummed out of the game.
                        8. It would be great if those who can't stand sideline parents would remember that soccer is a sport and fans are supposed to be passionate, otherwise one might as well go watch mountain climbing.
                        It would be awesome if Doc's, coaches and ref's remembered who pays their check.. the sideline parents.
                        9. It would be awesome if morons like you realized that these are children playing a friggin GAME....
                        10. It would be even more awesome, with some self reflection, that you realized that not only do you embarrass your children but you also prevent them from achieving their full potential since they are focused on pleasing you as opposed to playing the game the way they are being taught. Countless hours of good training go down the drain every time you praise them for a stupid play and refrain when they make a good play. The vast majority of you sideline sailors are grossly unaware of the difference....

Comment

Why do professional teams "boot" goal kicks to midfield?
                          Because at the highest levels of play they have the skills necessary to do something with the ball. Your kid doesn't.....

Comment

All these parents vs coaches vs refs posts will always be around, but truth is that in youth soccer, there will always be obnoxious parents, jack ass coaches and incompetent refs. No one group is immune. But after 10 plus years involved youth soccer, it has been my experience that thankfully these folks all have been in the minority. Of course, reasonable parents, good coaches and refs makes for boring fodder on TS.

Comment

Because at the highest levels of play they have the skills necessary to do something with the ball. Your kid doesn't.....
                              Even more reason for young ones to consider the long goal kicks. Unless of course the defending team is all sitting back at midfield, and then you can play it short.

Comment

Do some of you really have such narrow views? Why don't we just have all soccer games played inside of an enormously high walled in field so no one but the players can see or hear anything. Seriously, it's a sport and during my athletic career I loved when there was hooting and hollering during a game, it's a lot of what made it fun. The fan passion - good, bad, and ugly (saw a lot more of it than these kids do) is what boiled my own juices and got me playing harder. I never heard the words, it was the emotion that you could feel. Shutting up the opposing fans with a big play is an awesome feeling.. almost better than sex. That's completely missing these days. It's no wonder most of the players play like they are giving 3/4 effort when you watch a club soccer game. Its like watching paint dry as it is and now some of you want to extinguish what little passion there is. For what, so the kids can hear some overly self important club coach bark out instructions like they were god? If that is what you want for your kids you know nothing about sports.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X