Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't 22 2003's on the roster way too many?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Which club?
    I'd rather not say, in case the coach reads TS, but if it helps it is not any of the ones mentioned on this thread so far.

Also, the NPL team has been filled, so I don't think the option to move down to that team if my daughter isn't getting enough PT is available. From what we have learned about the coach an their subbing this past year, it seems like the same few defenders play a lot, whereas midfielders and forwards have to share quite a bit. Not sure if that is because there is a big dropoff in defenders and less among current mids and forwards, or if that is a common scenario. My kid is a winger and occasional attacking mid, so my prediction is that she will be one that plays 40% or less, as suggested by another poster.

We have one week to commit or bale so any insight is appreciated.

Comment

It is a bit heavy for that age, but once you hit the HS ages and injuries are rampant then 22 is SOP. The issue becomes only 18 can roster for game day. If you're at the bottom of that roster time and time again then you're just a check to the club.
      If only 18 can dress, is it common for the others to travel and sit out one or both games? That sounds like a major time and money suck for little to no return. Or is it acceptable to miss the trip entirely and save up for one where she will play?

Comment

Love this. No reason to be interested at all but still presenting a very detailed post with strong negative overtones.

Here's what you need to know.

Stars will always have 23 and they've already slotted 8 of them for NPL but won't tell you until the check is in and you can't get out of the contract.

NEFC will never roster more than 15 because of their strict club guidelines and devotion to the clientele and development principles based on the latest evidence-based practices in child and adolescent psychology. NEFC also guarantees a free, four year (five years if you are NT material) ISL education. That's a savings of over 200K. You'll also get a full ride to Duke or Stanford, meaning that you'll actually MAKE 500K by playing with NEFC. That's not even including the guaranteed professional contract which is good for a minimum of 5 years and can be used for any European professional team of your choice or for our local WPSL club right here in Boston. You also will never be forced to attend any tournaments, even if the team can't field a starting XI, and your kid won't lose her starting slot either. NEFC's contracts also allow you out of your contract at any time with no questions asked, all of your money back, and a $3000 "happy exit compliments of NEFC because we care" voucher to Jack's ToyotaWorld in Lancaster.

Obviously spots on the NEFC ECNL teams will be extremely tight, so if you are forced to take a slot with Stars there is a silver lining. If you are one of the players who never gets to see the field and never makes the travel roster, you'll be saving tens of thousands of dollars on those ultra-expensive West Coast trips.
        NEFC sounds amazing. Why would anyone choose Stars when NEFC has so many more benefits?

Comment

no dress - no travel.
          don't be a sucker.

Comment

I think the OP's question can be distilled down to this: Is it better to practice with a better team and play less than 40% of the time, or drop down a level and play as much of the game as your fitness allows?

Comment

Love this. No reason to be interested at all but still presenting a very detailed post with strong negative overtones.

Here's what you need to know.

Stars will always have 23 and they've already slotted 8 of them for NPL but won't tell you until the check is in and you can't get out of the contract.

NEFC will never roster more than 15 because of their strict club guidelines and devotion to the clientele and development principles based on the latest evidence-based practices in child and adolescent psychology. NEFC also guarantees a free, four year (five years if you are NT material) ISL education. That's a savings of over 200K. You'll also get a full ride to Duke or Stanford, meaning that you'll actually MAKE 500K by playing with NEFC. That's not even including the guaranteed professional contract which is good for a minimum of 5 years and can be used for any European professional team of your choice or for our local WPSL club right here in Boston. You also will never be forced to attend any tournaments, even if the team can't field a starting XI, and your kid won't lose her starting slot either. NEFC's contracts also allow you out of your contract at any time with no questions asked, all of your money back, and a $3000 "happy exit compliments of NEFC because we care" voucher to Jack's ToyotaWorld in Lancaster.

Obviously spots on the NEFC ECNL teams will be extremely tight, so if you are forced to take a slot with Stars there is a silver lining. If you are one of the players who never gets to see the field and never makes the travel roster, you'll be saving tens of thousands of dollars on those ultra-expensive West Coast trips.
              Sorry..that was my post and I wasnt trying to slam any particular club. I dont have a daughter that plays and just dont understand the rules. My question is a general one in that if you get a contract for a top team at (insert club name here) and then they demote you to their number two team, is that contract essentially voided and are you free to move to a new team/club ? Or is your contract with a club and they can do whatever they want with you during the season and you need to wait until the end of season if you wanted to move on.

Comment

Sorry..that was my post and I wasnt trying to slam any particular club. I dont have a daughter that plays and just dont understand the rules. My question is a general one in that if you get a contract for a top team at (insert club name here) and then they demote you to their number two team, is that contract essentially voided and are you free to move to a new team/club ? Or is your contract with a club and they can do whatever they want with you during the season and you need to wait until the end of season if you wanted to move on.
                Whatever it says in the contract is the rule you will likely have to follow. You can usually always leave a club mid year. The question is whether you get any money back. Each club is different. Some contracts are strictly between player and club, some have team language involved. And some contracts can be amended before agreed upon by both sides. You can hand right something in and if both sides agree, then that is the rule for you.

Comment

ok, thanks...for some reason i thought there might be more a rule that you could not change clubs mid year.

Comment

I think the OP's question can be distilled down to this: Is it better to practice with a better team and play less than 40% of the time, or drop down a level and play as much of the game as your fitness allows?
                    As long as it's not too far of a drop I would go down if I thought my kid was only going to get 20-25 minutes per game. There is nothing like actual game experience for developing. Plus your kid my have to travel to play game 1 of a 2-game trip and sit for the 2...lots of time and expense for just 20 minutes of actual game experience.

Comment

As long as it's not too far of a drop I would go down if I thought my kid was only going to get 20-25 minutes per game. There is nothing like actual game experience for developing. Plus your kid my have to travel to play game 1 of a 2-game trip and sit for the 2...lots of time and expense for just 20 minutes of actual game experience.
                      should not be more than 18 on any squad unless the team is trying to just make money and no care for the kids sitting on the bench for 80% of the season - be smart parents

Comment

should not be more than 18 on any squad unless the team is trying to just make money and no care for the kids sitting on the bench for 80% of the season - be smart parents
                        Sneaky clubs don't share that info unless asked, and even then you might not get a straight answer. Then you show up late August and find out the roster has 22 on it. Unless your kid is #1-16 I'd look into trying to get out of your contract

Comment

How many kids is too many on the team? My daughter was chosen for an ECNL team, but we just learned there will be 22 on the roster (as of now...i guess if a stud moves in from out of state there could always be 23)

We are new to ECNL and it seems like the team will only play ~30 games, which divided by 22 means not a lot of playing time to go around, even though only 18 can dress in a game. And of course some will play more than others

Am i crazy to think my kid just won't develop like she would on a smaller team, even if that means moving to a club/league that has a lower level of play?

Thanks
                          The more the merrier.

Comment

The more the merrier.
                            From everything i hear, improvement comes from practice more than games. This is why the ratio of practices to games is so much higher in DA and in Europe. Practice with the best around i say.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X