Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There definitely is that (it's surprising the inflated egos of parents don't burst the indoor bubble at Gillette). BUT there also is no denying that the Revs aren't doing anything with the talent they have.
    Really want to know why SC on the U18 team hasn't gone further. He was such an agile natural talent.

Comment

There definitely is that (it's surprising the inflated egos of parents don't burst the indoor bubble at Gillette). BUT there also is no denying that the Revs aren't doing anything with the talent they have.
      Speaks to the owner. #KraftOut

Comment

Really want to know why SC on the U18 team hasn't gone further. He was such an agile natural talent.
        The Revs love his creativity, but defenses are able to deny him the ball and prevent him from working his magic. Contrary to the posters above, it is not the Revs who thwart the creativity of players--if anything, it is the quality of the opponents that does the thwarting.

Comment

The Revs love his creativity, but defenses are able to deny him the ball and prevent him from working his magic. Contrary to the posters above, it is not the Revs who thwart the creativity of players--if anything, it is the quality of the opponents that does the thwarting.
          Haven't seen him play in a few years, but I'm interested in seeing how he progresses. I see he's going to Dean. Seems like sort of a dead end. Any chance the Revs are planning bigger things for him and this is just a temporary thing?

Comment

Haven't seen him play in a few years, but I'm interested in seeing how he progresses. I see he's going to Dean. Seems like sort of a dead end. Any chance the Revs are planning bigger things for him and this is just a temporary thing?
            With only 6 starts in 24 games, the player probably does not figure in the Revs' plans beyond next weekend.

Comment

With only 6 starts in 24 games, the player probably does not figure in the Revs' plans beyond next weekend.
              ....focus....on....high school...

Comment

Maybe if the Revs staff and players politely ask the opponents to let up a little, the Revs can show off their creativity.

...your comment was just inane enough for me to believe you may be part of the Revs organization.

Comment

Maybe if the Revs staff and players politely ask the opponents to let up a little, the Revs can show off their creativity.

...your comment was just inane enough for me to believe you may be part of the Revs organization.
                  How exactly do you think that the Revs stifle the creativity of their players? The coaches don't yell at the players or sub them out when they are not successful in taking someone on or trying a creative pass.

The players who seem to lose their creativity are usually unable to display the creativity they possessed at the premier level at the academy level because they lack the athleticism to do so.

Comment

Kind of sad if you ask me.

Comment

Kind of sad if you ask me.
                      There's lots of sad stories at the Revs over the years

Comment

There's lots of sad stories at the Revs over the years
                        Because the Revs aren't in the happy business. If you or your child are afraid to fail you should remain in your cozy little pay to play cocoon. No one will fault you for that. It's when you whine about the injustice of it all that people unload on you.

Comment

Your assumptions about me are wrong.

Don't you think it's about time for the Rev's 'potential' to be realized?

I live in the area and get to see enough Revs pro and academy games to make an objective opinion. As a lover of the game, I go to the academy games hoping to see a standout talent. The Revs draw from a very large demographic. I don't think it's a stretch to think a diamond of a player would eventually come through their ranks. I have seen players who 'were' diamond players on previous teams become just another cog on the Revs. I really think it's just politics that get their players onto national teams because I've seen better players on other DAP teams that don't get such recognition. And that probably points to a bigger problem in US soccer.

One final, illustrative point about the brain trust making the Revs decisions. They just gave up a lot to bring in Kai Kamara as their striker. Juan Agudelo is just coming back into form after injury and is one of the most dangerous players up top in the league. Now Agudelo has been moved to the wing and his touches on the ball are greatly diminished and the primary attack seems to be looking for crosses off Kamara's head. Bad strategy and it's obvious 2 games in (last night would have been worse if Barrios wasn't injured). But what makes it worse is that said brain trust saw the problem as offense when their defense is truly the problem.

Just the 2 cents of a relatively objective soccer fan. (yeah, I know. That's what it's worth).
                          completely agree

Comment

Because the Revs aren't in the happy business. If you or your child are afraid to fail you should remain in your cozy little pay to play cocoon. No one will fault you for that. It's when you whine about the injustice of it all that people unload on you.
                            I don't know how other people are, but when I pay to play I'm extra picky about getting what I pay for.

Comment

I don't know how other people are, but when I pay to play I'm extra picky about getting what I pay for.
                              Yes. That's why you'll always stay there.

Comment

completely agree
                                So any kid from MA over the past Several years getting national team nod did so due in part to Politics? That's hard to completely agree with but ok.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X