Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NEP clubs choose not to play in a sanctioned league. They have made their own exclusive league where they can keep competing clubs out. If you want the best teams/clubs to be able to compete against each other talk to the NEP clubs. They can play in MAPLE. They will be admitted by meeting the basic requirements of the league. There is no "secret society vote" like at NEP where there is a financial reason to keep clubs out.

The USYS/MYSA State Cup is the official State Cup. The best teams who apply and are accepted will compete. Some will go to West Virginia for the Region 1 Championships in July. They all deserve praise, not bad mouthed because your club stays away.
    its simple like NEP - no interest in the kids total interest in making money - sad but true

Comment

NEP clubs choose not to play in a sanctioned league. They have made their own exclusive league where they can keep competing clubs out. If you want the best teams/clubs to be able to compete against each other talk to the NEP clubs. They can play in MAPLE. They will be admitted by meeting the basic requirements of the league. There is no "secret society vote" like at NEP where there is a financial reason to keep clubs out.

The USYS/MYSA State Cup is the official State Cup. The best teams who apply and are accepted will compete. Some will go to West Virginia for the Region 1 Championships in July. They all deserve praise, not bad mouthed because your club stays away.
      Why would NEP want the scrubs in MAPLE? They were all part of MAPLE back in the day, just like they were in MYSA. There were issues so they started a stronger league and went to a better state cup/national series. I have been involved in both leagues and championship series and know that where NEP is now is much better run and more impressive. Sorry to rain on your parade, but this is the truth.

Comment

Why would NEP want the scrubs in MAPLE? They were all part of MAPLE back in the day, just like they were in MYSA. There were issues so they started a stronger league and went to a better state cup/national series. I have been involved in both leagues and championship series and know that where NEP is now is much better run and more impressive. Sorry to rain on your parade, but this is the truth.
        sad and pathetic lies so you can make more and more money - hopefully the NEP parents will continue to believe your bull

Comment

sad and pathetic lies so you can make more and more money - hopefully the NEP parents will continue to believe your bull
          If you're only involved with MAPLE how do you know that NEP isn't better run and better competition?

Comment

I know both leagues well (NPL and ECNL to an extent too). To say NEP is better quality is just pure ignorance. Both MAPLE and NEP have their good and bad parts. But.... NEP refuses good, strong clubs for the simple reason these "new" clubs would be competition that the people who control NEP do not want to have to deal with. You can't have a well rounded league by not allowing people to play in it. MAPLE at least will allow anyone who meets the basic requirements to play. NEP is really only about $$.

Also, I don't believe that the NEP "State Cup" gets you a spot in the Region 1 Championships.

Comment

I know both leagues well (NPL and ECNL to an extent too). To say NEP is better quality is just pure ignorance. Both MAPLE and NEP have their good and bad parts. But.... NEP refuses good, strong clubs for the simple reason these "new" clubs would be competition that the people who control NEP do not want to have to deal with. You can't have a well rounded league by not allowing people to play in it. MAPLE at least will allow anyone who meets the basic requirements to play. NEP is really only about $$.

Also, I don't believe that the NEP "State Cup" gets you a spot in the Region 1 Championships.
              Why would 'good' MAPLE clubs apply to NEP fella. Region 1 Champsionships are not what they were just a few years ago, admit that they have fallen on hard time and admit MAPLE blows. You basically said it your self, MAPLE teams are being kept out of NEP which means they are trying to get in....

Comment

This reminds me of the Judean People's Front fighting arguing that it's superior to the People's Front for Judea.

The State Cup tournament run by MYSA is the State Cup officially recognized by USYS, which qualifies teams for subsequent USYS-operated tournaments (the Region 1 Championships). The State Cup tournament run by NEP is the State Cup officially recognized by USCS, which qualifies teams for subsequent USCS-operated tournaments (the National Cup). Neither one is inherently more "official" than the other.

And even if one was more "official" than the other ... WHO CARES? What matters is how good the soccer is, not whether it's endorsed by USYS or USCS. In this part of the country, the USCS-affiliated tournament is stronger. In most of the rest of the country, it's the other way around, as far as I can tell.

Comment

This reminds me of the Judean People's Front fighting arguing that it's superior to the People's Front for Judea.
                  Awesome!!

Comment

Results on who's moving on from the u16 boys group?

Comment

Results on who's moving on from the u16 boys group?
                      Euro United, Boston Rams, AVSC and Valeo.

Comment

No commonwealth or explosion ?

Comment

No commonwealth or explosion ?
                          Nope.

Comment

Commonwealth wins division 1 but can't make it past the round robin of state cup

Comment

Always look on the bright side of life...

Comment

I looked at the teams in the "real" state cup and laughed. So lucky NEP teams aren't involved. Enjoy your little tournament.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X