Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the RI GU15 Bayside Bolt NPL parents such filth!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is a poll in the RI TS page. I think we should all go vote!!!!! Lets let RI know what we think!!!

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=145522
    A poll dedicated to the misbehaved parents of a girls soccer team? Priceless!

Comment

I love it when parents who never grow up with the game complaint about people who sometimes show little bit more passionate about their kids' game. Go watch every Europe clubs soccer and you will see the same passion as those Bayside Portuguese parents. That is why soccer sucks in this country where the fans/parents have no connectivity and passion. I know most of you often think weekend soccer is more of a chore for you and those Bayside parents are disturbing you precious reading time on the sideline. So please, I see more uppity parents on the sideline getting into more altercations then those bayside parents. They are there to support their kids just like you but don't condemn them simply because they show a little passion for the game.

Comment

I love it when parents who never grow up with the game complaint about people who sometimes show little bit more passionate about their kids' game. Go watch every Europe clubs soccer and you will see the same passion as those Bayside Portuguese parents. That is why soccer sucks in this country where the fans/parents have no connectivity and passion. I know most of you often think weekend soccer is more of a chore for you and those Bayside parents are disturbing you precious reading time on the sideline. So please, I see more uppity parents on the sideline getting into more altercations then those bayside parents. They are there to support their kids just like you but don't condemn them simply because they show a little passion for the game.
        Sorry, but there is a BIG difference between "passion" which I'm totally ok with (bring your cowbells if you want), and obnoxious, rude and ridiculous behavior. Screaming profanities at kids and refs is just the tip of the iceberg. I sat next to a group of Bayside parent last year (before I really knew that their reputation was well-earned. "Get that girl off the field coach, she is killing us." "You need to push and trip harder if these f'in refs aren't gonna call anything." "Stop being a lying pu**y, and get up. You're fine!" (to one of our players). And not to mention a myriad of groans, squeals and yelps anytime they had a call go against them.

That was just the first half, because I had to move as far away as possible after that. It was after that, when I realized all the rumors were true. But by all means, call it "passion."

Comment

Sorry, but there is a BIG difference between "passion" which I'm totally ok with (bring your cowbells if you want), and obnoxious, rude and ridiculous behavior. Screaming profanities at kids and refs is just the tip of the iceberg. I sat next to a group of Bayside parent last year (before I really knew that their reputation was well-earned. "Get that girl off the field coach, she is killing us." "You need to push and trip harder if these f'in refs aren't gonna call anything." "Stop being a lying pu**y, and get up. You're fine!" (to one of our players). And not to mention a myriad of groans, squeals and yelps anytime they had a call go against them.

That was just the first half, because I had to move as far away as possible after that. It was after that, when I realized all the rumors were true. But by all means, call it "passion."
          I also hear that From every clubs so for you to singled out one is pretty hushed. Let me know which age group and I will attend their game as your soccer police and confirm after this coming weekend.

Comment

I don't have experience with Bayside, so I'll defer on the specifics. I will vouch for sideline crazies, our team included. I try to stay away and not get involved.

That being said...they are crazy, but not personal toward players. That crosses the line I would think for everyone.

Comment

I don't have experience with Bayside, so I'll defer on the specifics. I will vouch for sideline crazies, our team included. I try to stay away and not get involved.

That being said...they are crazy, but not personal toward players. That crosses the line I would think for everyone.
              I'm a parent and I never heard those profanities addressed at a player or players. Yes many parent complaints and questions referees's calls but for an adult to come here a described things in graphic deals is astonishing.

Comment

I'm a parent and I never heard those profanities addressed at a player or players. Yes many parent complaints and questions referees's calls but for an adult to come here a described things in graphic deals is astonishing.
                So let me get this straight, person of doubt. Someone created a thread about specific parents. Why do you think that is? Obviously they crossed the line. I can tell you they are rude and classless! They shout at coaches players and referees. Their obscenities don't end at the refs. Get a grip. They are nasty! They should be banned by Bayside!

Comment

Justifying yelling at the ref? Really?

Comment

BS. Don't stereotype Portuguese people on this. Their behavior is off chart and it has nothing to do with passion for soccer.

Comment

The U15 Bayside parents I saw acting like crazies were as WASPy as they come and one look at their roster shows it's not passionate Portuguese dads who are the big jerks on the NPL team. Might want to rethink the stereotype and look a little more closely in the mirror.

Comment

BS. Don't stereotype Portuguese people on this. Their behavior is off chart and it has nothing to do with passion for soccer.
                        I have specific experience with other Bayside teams, and based on the surnames on the backs of the players jerseys the adults on the sidelines acting like complete d-bags are making it very hard NOT to stereotype the RI/SE Mass Portugese community. (Unlikely that a bunch of WASPy parents are supporting a team of Coelhos and Alemeidas--for example, not naming specific kids, apologize if there are kids with those names on certain teams. No offense intended.) But really vile, vile stuff from the Bayside supporters I've seen. (Interestingly, not true of the players--they seemed to be pretty good kids.)

Comment

Classy Bayside drunk dad who yelled "Rape her!" That wasn't something you hear everyday at a U15 girls game.....

Comment

Classy Bayside drunk dad who yelled "Rape her!" That wasn't something you hear everyday at a U15 girls game.....
                            And nobody punched him?

Comment

Gee, let me guess the OP.

Parents of the GU15 NEFC Elite team. Correct? Maybe the stalker father in the flip flops and three pairs of sunglasses (8:00 PM Start), the $3500 camera slung across your neck, camo shorts who looked like he was there to tryout for the next 'High School Musical Production' as the 'The Cool Dad'. If this is your crew, I would respond that in all my years I have never seen a coach start a confrontation with parents before - yours did. Totally unprofessional. If this is you, your team of Superstars only won 1-0 with Bayside hitting the cross bar three times.

Comment

Cant we all just get along

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X