Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was at the game. Hopefully without any bias, here is how I saw the game. Breakers had the run of play in the first half and came very close to scoring many goals. Stars had maybe 2 chances to score. Stars came out strong to start the second half and had the run of play for a while. Breakers came back and scored. The difference to me was the Breakers defense which seemed more organized than the Stars defense. Good plays on each team by individual players but it was clear that the girls hadn't played together much. Lots of high school players on the field and I was impressed by a few on each team. I'm not going to name them by initial or position because that always leads to someone else trashing those kids.
    Hate to break it to you but that was the Breaker's high school group. They have the college and reserve teams as well. Both of those are loaded with higher level college players so it will give most a good clear look at what the speed of play will be like once they get to college. Time to hit the conditioning packets hard. Just about 10 weeks until training camp.

Comment

If they are 18 years or older.... why?

If you want to call yourself a pro then you gotta take the good with the bad. I am just sayin'
      Well, there are 16 year olds on the u20s and while mine isn't one we all know it gets a bit ugly but to each his/her own I guess.

And eps lis women's premier soccer league, no pros - just young women.

Comment

Is there a reason why most of the BC, BU, and Harvard players on playing for the Breakers as opposed to the Aztecs or Stars. Looking at the rosters it seems that there are several of their former players playing for the Breakers. Do they get slotted by their college coaches or is that by choice?

Comment

If they are 18 years or older.... why?

If you want to call yourself a pro then you gotta take the good with the bad. I am just sayin'
          Who says they are pros? They are high school and college players. It looked like mostly high school players on both sides last night. All college players should be home by next week, so I would guess it will take a couple of weeks to get into a groove with the new team. Should be a fun summer for the girls and a good way to keep touching the ball.

Comment

Is there a reason why most of the BC, BU, and Harvard players on playing for the Breakers as opposed to the Aztecs or Stars. Looking at the rosters it seems that there are several of their former players playing for the Breakers. Do they get slotted by their college coaches or is that by choice?
            Players on Reserves are graduated. That is an older team that could feed to the actual Boston Breakers team. Any girl that played for Breakers last year would most likely stay with the Breakers rather than switching to the new Stars team or moving to Aztecs. Some college coaches may have a preference. If you are living or training at Harvard/BU/BC for the summer, it is probably better to play in Boston. Otherwise, coaches just want the girls playing.

Comment

Breakers College 3 -0 over Stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                Breakers College 3 -0 over Stars.
                Nice for the girls to stay sharp.

Comment

Nice for the girls to stay sharp.
                  http://www.wpsl.info/schedule/index....All&league=All

A ton of games yet to be played this weekend. I want to catch the breakers college team at some point, that should be some good soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X