Commonwealth will win New England Soccer Classic 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread makes me sad. Meaningless teams, Meaningless tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      That score is totally misleading because Galway controlled the play with text book possession style soccer and fell prey to the most prolific display of kick & run that I've ever personally witnessed. It was ugly and disgraceful. The only thing more egregious that day were the numerous cheap shots the Commonwealth players threw at our boys behind the play, away from the ref's view.
      What does "textbook possession style soccer" mean? Textbook possession would mean you wouldn't move the ball anywhere much because you wouldn't risk losing the ball. Who/what professional team are you comparing them to to be textbook?

Comment

What does "textbook possession style soccer" mean? Textbook possession would mean you wouldn't move the ball anywhere much because you wouldn't risk losing the ball. Who/what professional team are you comparing them to to be textbook?
        tiki taka

Comment

tiki taka
          Juvenile delinquents?
          I doubt that one of these boys has ever been in trouble with the law.

Comment

Juvenile delinquents?
            What does this have to do with tiki taka futbol?

Comment

Juvenile delinquents?
              Isn't this the team that lost control and tried to attack an opposing coach?

Comment

Juvenile delinquents?
                This is from a previous Commonwealth thread and addresses a nauseating incident during the Thanksgiving tournament last November.

To be fair, I'm sure none of the boys on the team have been in trouble with the police.

Sadly there appears to be a troubling pattern in the way that they play on the field.

I had heard a lot of bad things about this team and club coming into Sunday and sadly all are true. Throughout this post there has not been a legitimate defense of this team's behavior against Aztec, though I guess you can't defend the indefensible. Attacking posters in a public forum and attacking an opposing coach for something that may or not have been said (instigated by the CFC player #12 getting the red card) is all that this team's supporters can generate in the face of:

* 3 yellow cards
                * 1 red card
                * players swearing at the refs and Aztec parents on the sideline
                * A set piece cramming 9 players in the 6 yard box throwing elbows
                * Scoring only goal by literally tackling a keeper holding the ball into the net
                * Multiple warnings from ref for late hits, elbows, knees to the thigh, etc.
                * A coach encouraging and supporting all of the above behavior.

You stepped up to a real tournament and dropped back-to-back 3-1 matches. No skill, no class - the parents and the coach are more to blame than the kids, they're just responding to the positive feedback they receive for the tactics deployed. It has nothing to do with economics - respect for the refs, respect for the opponent, clean hard play are not about $$$ they are about doing things the right way, something CFC clearly chooses not to do.

Comment

CFC = AIHP, FC (Angry Irish House Painter)

Comment

tiki taka
                    Oh of course... One team in the world plays tiki taka effectively. I am positive 16 year old boys can't play with in a tika taka system. Not to mention the idea of tiki taka is to possess outside the penalty area, which clearly they weren't doing if they lost 3-1. So cut the crap that they played amazing possession style tiki taka style, they're 16 year old boys playing club soccer in Massachusetts, they lack the flair, creativity and the flat out ability to play like that.

LVG at Man utd is an example, they are just plain boring to watch and not effective.

The downfall of Spain in the 2014 World Cup is the end of tiki taka.

Comment

Oh of course... One team in the world plays tiki taka effectively. I am positive 16 year old boys can't play with in a tika taka system. Not to mention the idea of tiki taka is to possess outside the penalty area, which clearly they weren't doing if they lost 3-1. So cut the crap that they played amazing possession style tiki taka style, they're 16 year old boys playing club soccer in Massachusetts, they lack the flair, creativity and the flat out ability to play like that.

LVG at Man utd is an example, they are just plain boring to watch and not effective.

The downfall of Spain in the 2014 World Cup is the end of tiki taka.
                      Wow! Lighten up Francis. It was a stupid answer to your stupid question.

Comment

come by braintree high this weekend and watch us lock up division 1

Comment

come by braintree high this weekend and watch us lock up division 1
                          Chance of showers? That means a good crowd at the AIHP, FC game. Can't paint in the rain!

Comment

d1 champs

we locked up maple d1 yesterday so first part of predictions has come true

Comment

check out the cfc twitter feed for real time updates of the games at the new england soccer classic on our way to an undefeated championship

Comment

cfc bounced from state cup early. csu will kill them next weekend.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X