Rising U13

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. For those interested in the ODP coaching assignments for this past year, look here:

http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/UserFil...20Contacts.pdf

Can we get back to the rising UG13 conversation now?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Wrong again. My child is a 2002. No NEFC coach handled them this past ODP season.
      ODP = joke

Comment

My mistake, he was a year up. Right like that matters!!!
        Like I said, smells fishy!!!!

Comment

ODP = joke
          What makes you say that?

I don't have much direct experience with ODP but from the outside in it appears to offer reasonable levels of development and exposure. The policy of no-club-logos at tryouts at least gives the appearance of a meritocracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Yablu View Post
            What makes you say that?

I don't have much direct experience with ODP but from the outside in it appears to offer reasonable levels of development and exposure. The policy of no-club-logos at tryouts at least gives the appearance of a meritocracy.
            Tons of posts on TS about this. Read away. My feeling is that it is a complete waste of money and I had one kid in it for a year.

Comment

Tons of posts on TS about this. Read away. My feeling is that it is a complete waste of money and I had one kid in it for a year.
              This nut has been singing this song for years (probably because his kid got over looked years ago) and his solution has always been to put all your faith into your club. If you look though just about every player that makes the ODP regional pool goes on the be recognized as one of the top players in the region (if not country) by the time they graduate high school.

Comment

Ok. For those interested in the ODP coaching assignments for this past year, look here:

http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/UserFil...20Contacts.pdf

Can we get back to the rising UG13 conversation now?
                Yes. What can you contribute ?

Comment

Yeh I heard they lost a lot of talent... The goalie was by far the best player on the team and kept them in every game. Not sure Breakers will win a game all year given the loss in talent.

I think...
                  #1 NEFC (best goalie and ODP loaded)
                  #2 SSS (best coach and even better when top 12s are added in tourney's to help out)
                  #3 GPS (can't argue with GotSoccer points even though all points are from GPS tourney's)
                  #4 AZTEC (dark horse to be #1 soon given added talent)
                  #5 Stars (just not the same quality as in past - ECNL hurting the recruiting???)
                  #5 Breakers (lost too much talent this year to compete)

Thoughts?
                  Is this a joke?

NEFC? SSS is much better. Stars too!

Comment

Rising U13e re

Is this a joke?

Why would that be a joke? SSS is a good team but also lost to a Regional NEFC team and an Aztec team in last Memorial Day Tournament. SSS, Stars, Aztec and NEFC will be close. The rest will be behind. Seems like we will find out soon enough. NEFC and Stars in tough brackets for Stars Cup

Comment

This nut has been singing this song for years (probably because his kid got over looked years ago) and his solution has always been to put all your faith into your club. If you look though just about every player that makes the ODP regional pool goes on the be recognized as one of the top players in the region (if not country) by the time they graduate high school.
                      ODP is so 2008

Comment

Is this a joke?

NEFC consolidated their top talent, brought in a top gk and picked up a few studs. The OP's assessment is accurate. It will take a very good team to beat them.

Comment

NEFC consolidated their top talent, brought in a top gk and picked up a few studs. The OP's assessment is accurate. It will take a very good team to beat them.
                          Just exactly how many "top" keepers are there floating around for this age group?

Comment

So you're very excited about your team. You might want to wait until a few games are played against very good teams before bragging on here about "a top gk" and "a few studs" at U13G.

Comment

So you're very excited about your team. You might want to wait until a few games are played against very good teams before bragging on here about "a top gk" and "a few studs" at U13G.
                              the top keeper came from Breakers and was kept them in a lot of games last year. She could be the best in the state. FM pushed her away like he does to all good keepers

Comment

the top keeper came from Breakers and was kept them in a lot of games last year. She could be the best in the state. FM pushed her away like he does to all good keepers
                                That is a funny statement. I have never seen her at Olympic training center or ODP? Is that FM fault too? Did you watch them play? Which games are you referring to? Sounds like you are putting a lot of pressure on a 12 yr old "best in the state"... I'll take our keeper.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X