Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breakers have definitely upset the apple cart!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OMG....I guess we're working right through break time.

They Scorps aren't selling or begging anyone to do anything. Folks were saying they were dead. The announced an affiliation with Breakers (and Breakers did too). Some posters copied and pasted that here. Where is the problem? After you and others try to make sure no one else thinks it is a big deal, some folks respond to you. Must you distort every single thing???!!!
    Is the western united deal done or is this whole thing really a 3 way merger? Or did WUP get kicked to the curb or jump ship when they had a chance?

Comment

Most have already gone out of business.
      No, there are more than enough still around to ask.

Comment

I don't have to, because the club my kids play for is not making all these changes and is not making vague promises about something new, different or better.

I know the coaches for my kids' teams for next year, the leagues they will play in, and the majority of the kids they'll play with.

If the Breakers want to sell me on checking out their new venture, they need to provide the kinds of specifics that an astute "shopper" would demand. They haven't, so the original list of questions is entirely legit. Your "so's your mother" response is juvenile at best.
        I don't see anyone trying to sell anything. Those who have an interest in the possibility of having a child play for the Breakers/Scorpions already know that there will be an ECNL team and one certainly can assume that most of the players playing for the current Scorpions teams will continue to do so. Beyond that, I doubt at this point there is going to be much movement. The questions for those outside that group who are interested will want to know where the team will practice, who will coach the team and how much will it cost After that, most parents could care less.

Comment

Posturing this new affiliation as something special in threads with titles like "Scorpions Reshaping Eastern Ma" or "Breakers have Definitely Upset the Apple Cart" is clearly an activity that is coming from the Scorpions group. Expecting that there would be nothing but great applause and acceptance on the other end is just a little simplistic. Everyone has to expect that if you put a salacious thread like this one out there that there will be more than a few punches thrown back. That was probably the actual hope. I guess that keeping the Scorpions name at the top of the Forum list does have a value after all and these recent posts about social media marketing might be more on target than I originally thought.
          I'm not involved at all, but having had a player at this level in the past, I certainly can see that it changes the current landscape. Why are you so paniced about it?

Comment

I'm not involved at all, but having had a player at this level in the past, I certainly can see that it changes the current landscape. Why are you so paniced about it?
            I don't think anyone is panicked. Quite frankly there is enough "inside" information floating around to calm everyone's fears. The bigger issue it would seem is countering the obvious hype. Let's face it there have been some pretty bold statements floating around here in the last couple of days. Did they actually help fill up the tryouts? What is going to happen when the rumors start becoming public and people start realizing the truths? It is not going to be pretty.

Comment

Posturing this new affiliation as something special in threads with titles like "Scorpions Reshaping Eastern Ma" or "Breakers have Definitely Upset the Apple Cart" is clearly an activity that is coming from the Scorpions group. Expecting that there would be nothing but great applause and acceptance on the other end is just a little simplistic. Everyone has to expect that if you put a salacious thread like this one out there that there will be more than a few punches thrown back. That was probably the actual hope. I guess that keeping the Scorpions name at the top of the Forum list does have a value after all and these recent posts about social media marketing might be more on target than I originally thought.
              Btdt, I actually started the first thread after I heard the news on the Real, New Landscape, because I had spent weeks and then a real upsurge in the days leading up to the news that Scorps were dead and buried. I am record stating that I was going to start a thread earlier that day assuming the Scorps were in fact mortally wounded. So I cheered the news because it is a nice story. Who knows exactly what it will mean, but it was and is big news especially given both the distant and recent prognostics about Scorps. You of course only had been killing Stars for weeks thinking Scorps were not a concern at all, and now you've had to readjust. Your initial replies in the thread I started I'm guessing led to all the others ones. Your desperation has fueled most of the focus. But I think we would have seen something similar if any of the major players had big news,, like when you recently returned from a tournament weekend spouting about NEFC glory while trying to cloak the Stars in mediocrity.

Before you or someone complained that I was keeping the threads buried by bringing old threads to the fore. Now you're alleging the reverse. Make up your mind.

And the fact that you a major player here and driving much of what happens here is indisputable. You can try your best to create confusion and plausible deniability but the majority here now know the truth.

Comment

I don't think anyone is panicked. Quite frankly there is enough "inside" information floating around to calm everyone's fears. The bigger issue it would seem is countering the obvious hype. Let's face it there have been some pretty bold statements floating around here in the last couple of days. Did they actually help fill up the tryouts? What is going to happen when the rumors start becoming public and people start realizing the truths? It is not going to be pretty.
                Why do you feel it is your personal mission to counter "the hype"? Especially when you say you aren't concerned?

Comment

Btdt, I actually started the first thread after I heard the news on the Real, New Landscape, because I had spent weeks and then a real upsurge in the days leading up to the news that Scorps were dead and buried. I am record stating that I was going to start a thread earlier that day assuming the Scorps were in fact mortally wounded. So I cheered the news because it is a nice story. Who knows exactly what it will mean, but it was and is big news especially given both the distant and recent prognostics about Scorps. You of course only had been killing Stars for weeks thinking Scorps were not a concern at all, and now you've had to readjust. Your initial replies in the thread I started I'm guessing led to all the others ones. Your desperation has fueled most of the focus. But I think we would have seen something similar if any of the major players had big news,, like when you recently returned from a tournament weekend spouting about NEFC glory while trying to cloak the Stars in mediocrity.

Before you or someone complained that I was keeping the threads buried by bringing old threads to the fore. Now you're alleging the reverse. Make up your mind.

And the fact that you a major player here and driving much of what happens here is indisputable. You can try your best to create confusion and plausible deniability but the majority here now know the truth.

Stalker.

Comment

Why do you feel it is your personal mission to counter "the hype"? Especially when you say you aren't concerned?
                    Well???

Comment

I guess the real question is why you feel the need to counter anything? Who are you? What do you have to gain? Lose?

Comment

I guess the real question is why you feel the need to counter anything? Who are you? What do you have to gain? Lose?
                        Crap! Should have read ahead! Little late to the dance. Mr. Smarty Pants hasn't answered yet. We may be waiting a while.

Comment

TS wouldn't exist without point/counterpoint! Look at all of the threads, that is all this site is!

Comment

TS wouldn't exist without point/counterpoint! Look at all of the threads, that is all this site is!
                            Point/counterpoint is an entirely different process than the need to "counter the obvious hype." Those were your words, correct? You said the hype was a big "issue" for you. This is sounding less and less like point/counterpoint and more and more like a paranoid business strategy.

Comment

First of all, I'm not who you think I am. I'll call you Fred now to be equally as obnoxious.

Second of all Fred, this is a forum. An anonymous forum at that. All manner of things get discussed on this forum. That is what its reason for being is. To discuss things. All manner of things related to youth soccer. Just because you don't like what some anonymous poster says here that doesn't give you the right to disrupt all conversation in every thread like you do. That is more than obnoxious and is probably why so many people, like myself, are baiting you. It is rather fun to make you jump like a trained poodle. You never fail to jump at the bait. We all laugh my *** of at you Fred. You are nothing more than a silly puppet on a string.

Fred, we are all entitled to dislike the obvious Stars and obvious Scorpions hype just as much as you feel you are entitle to dislike the obvious NEFC hype. If we want to bash what we read, that is just as much our prerogative as yours. You need to get over yourself. No one gave you the right to police the content on this forum and you certainly do not have a corner on the indignation market. Go back under your rock.

Comment

Point/counterpoint is an entirely different process than the need to "counter the obvious hype." Those were your words, correct? You said the hype was a big "issue" for you. This is sounding less and less like point/counterpoint and more and more like a paranoid business strategy.
                                Nope I was not the poster that needed to counter the hype. However, call it what you want. I call it semantics- hype, vitriol, spin etc. It is all he said/she said. Whether it be ECNL, NPL, NEFC, Stars, Breakers...all the same. Different topic, same arguments.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X