Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't think that anyone here is saying it is a bad thing for scorpions. This is a great thing for them. They have been given some life.

This is however a terrible move for the Breakers.
    In what way? Breakers become the only women's team in the country with this set up. They get access to all the scorpions families, some recognition on south shore (Revs country) and will have their logo seen on soccer fields nationwide.
    Do not know how finances play into it all but a smart move in my book.

Comment

Very smart for the Scorpions. Excellent move by FM as long as the league survives. Breakers will lose a lot of camp business but might be making it all up with the FEE the Scorpions are paying them per player.

Comment

Very smart for the Scorpions. Excellent move by FM as long as the league survives. Breakers will lose a lot of camp business but might be making it all up with the FEE the Scorpions are paying them per player.
        Breakers are not a camp business. Check their website, they only offer a small cluster of camp programs.

Comment

Why would they lose camp business? Scorps have had camp business. Scorps have kids. Oh, I'm not gonna send my kid to a Breakers camp because some folks don't like FM??? You mean when Kristie Mewis and the like have my kid for the week? Get real. You guys just got smoked.

Scorps-Revs coming at 4:00pm. Hahahaha!

Comment

In fact, all the other "camp" businesses around here should sweating.

Comment

Who are you guys??

Comment

Check Mate!!!
                What a move for FM and the Scorps! As a Scorps parent I couldn't be happier for the club.

Comment

Wow! People really don't pay attention to what has happened over the past ten years. Bad move by Breakers? Don't think so... Everyone there from owners to GM are MPS people. MPS model is to form partnership, and within five years take it all. Great move by breakers. Instantly get an ECNL/NEP club and access to 800 good club players to push the brand with their logo. Even if the league folds, they will stay in as Breakers, start doing camps all over the place. Before long they will be claiming the invented the women's game in the state. Wouldn't be shocked if Fred saw this coming, and decided to get out now. Wouldn't be surprised to see him retire in next 3-5. This relationship is going to be great for TS fodder!

Comment

Great move for both the Scorps & the Breakers.

The Bradleys have got to be PISSED OFF!!

hahahahahah

Comment

Great move for both the Scorps & the Breakers.

The Bradleys have got to be PISSED OFF!!

hahahahahah
                      Wouldn't be shocked if this wasn't a back door play by PB and JB to get it all? The relationship with Breakers and MPS is strong I thought?

Comment

Great move for the Breakers and the Scorpions. However Kristie Mewis plays for Kansas City not Boston.

Comment

My bad! GPS

Comment

And I was just getting used to the lime green uniforms. Are the breakers partnered with Nike?

Comment

Great move for the Breakers and the Scorpions. However Kristie Mewis plays for Kansas City not Boston.
                              Doesn't mean KM, SM, all the other D1 players, and all 3 Caldwells won't be chipping in, as well as other players who have a history with and play for Breakers.

Comment

Stars parent here. This is great for New England soccer. A strong Scorpion, now Breakers, club from U-little thru U23 plus the professional ranks provides more competition and options for players. Which is what we parents should really care about. Congrats to all involved. Wicked good news!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X