X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boston Breakers Partner With Scorpions Soccer Club

Boston Breakers Partner With Scorpions Soccer Club

SOMERVILLE, MA (June 8, 2013) - The Boston Breakers are proud to announce their partnership with Scorpions Soccer Club. With the partnership, all Scorpions girls teams will be re-branded as Boston Breakers Academy teams. The teams range from Under 9, who focus on fundamental training but still play in town, all the way through U23. The teams will compete in the Elite Clubs National League (ECNL), National Premier Leagues (NPL), the New England Premiership (NEP), and the Mass. Premier League (MAPLE). With the partnership, it creates the only program of its kind in the country for women’s soccer.

"We are delighted to partner with Scorpions Soccer Club. They are a large and successful organization known for player development, which matches the Boston Breakers philosophy,” Boston Breakers General Manager Lee Billiard said. “As the partnership and program builds, I believe the development pathway we provide players from an early age all the way through to our senior professional team is one not recognized on the female side. Definitely an exciting future.”

Along with current Scorpions management, Boston Breakers players, front office, and coaching staff will be involved in providing a structured player development path with a heavy focus on player and coach development. Scorpions Soccer Club staff will remain intact and operate the day-to-day business with assistance from Boston Breakers front office.

“Scorpions are excited and looking forward to our new partnership with the Boston Breakers, who are obviously a first-class operation,” Scorpions Soccer Club Director Fred Marks said. “This partnership is something we are going to invest in and make the very best of. We are pleased to be associated with such a professional organization."

The Boston Breakers still remain committed to their town partnerships and the development of their programs and players. On Breakers current town partnerships Billiard said "The Boston Breakers remain fully committed to our relationships with local town/community soccer programs and that will not change. The Breakers Academy will not actively recruit players from our partner organizations. We will continue to work with towns at the younger age groups to continue the development of players within their program."

TRYOUT INFORMATION

At the upcoming tryouts, we are looking for a future Boston Breaker. Is that you? Register today!

Tryouts for U9, U10, and U11 girls teams take place Monday, June 10 through Wednesday, June 12, at Thayer Turf Fields on 1515 Washington St., in Braintree. Tryouts for U9, U10, U11 West teams run June 10-12 at the Hopkinton YMCA.

The U12-U18 tryouts run Monday, June 17 through Friday, June 22, at Thayer. The U12-U17 teams will have tryouts from June 17 through June 21 at the Hopkinton YMCA, 45 East St., in Hopkinton.

The U13-U18 ECNL and NPL tryouts will be held June 17-18 at the Fruit Street Fields on Fruit St. in Hopkinton Fruit Street.

For more information on how to register for tryouts, Scorpions Soccer Tryouts

A full program and more detailed release will follow next week.

Boston Breakers

We wont try and recruit your players but here is the tryout information. HAHA

Comment

This is a bad move for the breakers. Who is going to want to have them in to do camps or clinics when in the back of their mind you know that they are going to try and take your players and bring them to FM of all people.

This is not a good look

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        We wont try and recruit your players but here is the tryout information. HAHA
        He said they would not "actively recruit" He never said they wouldn't recruit. As long as it's not active its fair game.

Get your facts right

Comment

Outstanding move by Breakers. Zero to 60.

Comment

Outstanding move by Breakers. Zero to 60.
            I disagree. The Breakers should not be associating themselves with one organization. They should be reaching out to every girls soccer player. This association to the scorpions will turn a lot of people off to them.

I agree that for the scorpions this is a great idea though. This will bring them more female coaches and attract more players.

Comment

Never, ever, count FM out. Wow. Everyone ripping the Scorps for the last few weeks (and some for years) just got taken to the cleaners. I think it's great.

Comment

and next year when the Breakers and the league fold again, the will add "Formerly Known as the Boston Breakers Academy"

Comment

Not big FM fan, but I'm sure that all the haters are disapointed by this news.

9 lives? How about a dozen.

Comment

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Now i will never take my daughter to a breakers game again.

Comment

Well not sending my daughter to any more breakers camps now!

Comment

and next year when the Breakers and the league fold again, the will add "Formerly Known as the Boston Breakers Academy"
                        Who cares? FM got his. Guy may not have great "people skills" but he is smart, and he can coach. Who saw this coming? Just keep betting against him. Seriously. Just keep betting against him. Hahahahahaha. I bet btdt has already registered for tryouts. And he just got the Mewis' back, haha, and every other top young adult female talent in the area. So more coaches. Boom. Tip your cap or I'll tip it for you. This is sweet irony.

Comment

I don't think that anyone here is saying it is a bad thing for scorpions. This is a great thing for them. They have been given some life.

This is however a terrible move for the Breakers.

Comment

The possibilities are endless. All the top local young talent. Kristine Lilly...and on and on. Look for KC with his Michigan MBA in tow to get back in the picture. FM just ate the haters' lunches.

Comment

I don't think that anyone here is saying it is a bad thing for scorpions. This is a great thing for them. They have been given some life.

This is however a terrible move for the Breakers.
                              Keep saying dumb things. How do you know that? Breakers just got ECNL slots and top women's programming through U23. Let the idiots keep talking. Just for once why don't you guys smarten up and wait and see before you open your big, fat mouths.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X