Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

very important what costs should be if for kids not massive profits for club owners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Strikers United? Not even close to true. Check your facts.
    Look at u14 boys 3rd red.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1825159]
      Maple teams beat NEP teams. Of course that is true. It is also true that for specific gender/age sections that the top Maple team beats top NEP team. In the case of SSS Gu12, SSS Gu13 that is especially true. No NEP team can hang with those girls. I'm sure there are similar cases on the boys side. As a whole however, I feel that NEP > Maple after all like-for-like matchups are played. E.g. Last place in top NEP division beats last place in top Maple division, and so on[/QUOTE

I was with you until your last two sentences which is a total generalization and bs. Yes, both NEP and Maple have examples teams such as SSS. You can also give example of really bad team within both leagues also but for the most part on any given day any team from either league at similar levels can beat one another.
      Mortgage bet time. We flip a coin for gender and roll 3 Dice 2 times for age group and then rank of team. I'm picking NEP

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1825422]

Mortgage bet time. We flip a coin for gender and roll 3 Dice 2 times for age group and then rank of team. I'm picking NEP
        I really don't know why anyone cares about this league BS. My kid has played in both Maple and NEP. Has played in tournaments against NEP and Maple teams. Has trained with DAP, NPL, NEP, MAPLE, ODP and RDS kids. There were no shortage of NEFC and GPS kids when my kids did ODP or RDS. There were MAPLE kids there as well. Roughly in proportion to the size of their club. The smaller NEP clubs in no way seem superior to MAPLE Clubs. Can you really argue that there aren't clubs in MAPLE that compete favorably with the Sachems or Lightning SC or Aztec (although there are plenty of good players from each of those clubs). The distinction between the leagues is less important than the difference than the difference in club size. Larger clubs aggregate talent when they don't develop their own talent. At the higher levels they have a consistently higher level of talent than the smaller clubs regardless of league. There are out-liers of course.

Comment

Look at u14 boys 3rd red.
          Oh, I apologize for my mistake. You're talking about Mass City. I overlooked the 4th division of Maple for some reason. Congrats on beating the GPS 6th team at U14.

Comment

what costs should be if for the kids - not massive profits for club owners

I have read a lot of the posts on the big clubs and it is scary. You guys are being ripped off every way possible. Even some fo the smaller clubs charging 2K +

As my player is on Commonwealth FC U16 boys, we are currently in first place in Maple 1, state cup this weekend, ranked in got soccer top 20, and we pay $500 for everything. Why are these other clubs charging so much?

For 500 we get
            Commonwealth FC fee -$500
            all maple D1 fees,
            all state cup fees,
            All ref fees
            2 major tournaments like GPS ,
            all indoor training in winter,
            floodlighted outdoor training on top turf fields,
            2 licensed dedicated non parent coaches from Ireland and South America,
            soccer crazy driven kids
            Team improving dramatically each year
            NPL teams constantly after our players
            club still makes little money for overhead
            owners in it for the kids

This is fact

I wanted to keep it a secret but i cannot stand by and watch people totally oblivious and taken to the cleaners by these big clubs
            admittedly naive. Are club owners making their wealth off soccer?

Comment

Rumor has it that Commonwealth will be losing some players come tryout time. Too much drama. Too much anger.

Comment

Rumor has it that Commonwealth will be losing some players come tryout time. Too much drama. Too much anger.
                ANGRY is their first name: AIHP, FC! Get Stuck In, Lads!

Comment

I have read a lot of the posts on the big clubs and it is scary. You guys are being ripped off every way possible. Even some fo the smaller clubs charging 2K +

As my player is on Commonwealth FC U16 boys, we are currently in first place in Maple 1, state cup this weekend, ranked in got soccer top 20, and we pay $500 for everything. Why are these other clubs charging so much?

For 500 we get
                  all maple D1 fees,
                  all state cup fees,
                  All ref fees
                  soccer crazy driven kids

This is fact

I wanted to keep it a secret but i cannot stand by and watch people totally oblivious and taken to the cleaners by these big clubs
                  The math doesn't add up. The club must be getting either the indoor or more likely the outdoor (or both) fields for free or at a deep deep discount. Either could easily cost the club more than $500 per player per year at market rates.

Comment

SS Blazers similar costs even playing Reg 1 - it can def be done
                    Blazers costs $2300

Comment

The math doesn't add up. The club must be getting either the indoor or more likely the outdoor (or both) fields for free or at a deep deep discount. Either could easily cost the club more than $500 per player per year at market rates.
                      Agreed - Commonwealth plays on town-owned fields (Braintree HS, MS, etc.). This is basically an extension of Braintree travel soccer, so they get some breaks from the town (only way they can make the cost structure work). Players up through U13 must be Braintree residents, or the deal with the town doesn't work.

Comment

For 500 we get
                        all maple D1 fees,
                        all state cup fees,
                        All ref fees
                        soccer crazy driven kids

This is fact

You are 23rd in the state and 1002 in the country. As a U16 team, your player needs to get seen by college coaches this year and next year if he is going to have any chance to play in college. Since there are 1001 better teams in the country, it is time for you to stop wasting your time and the little money you are now paying and find a real club that can possibly get your son a college roster spot. You may pay more, but you will be getting a better value.

Comment

You are 23rd in the state and 1002 in the country. As a U16 team, your player needs to get seen by college coaches this year and next year if he is going to have any chance to play in college. Since there are 1001 better teams in the country, it is time for you to stop wasting your time and the little money you are now paying and find a real club that can possibly get your son a college roster spot. You may pay more, but you will be getting a better value.
                          Don't listen, that's just an idiot with an obvious agenda. Exposure has very little to do with where a player ends up, that just what some club promoter wants you to believe. Ain't true though.

Comment

Don't listen, that's just an idiot with an obvious agenda. Exposure has very little to do with where a player ends up, that just what some club promoter wants you to believe. Ain't true though.
                            So, then tell us how does a player that never gets seen get ID'd? There is a process and I doubt you have any idea how it really works.

Comment

So, then tell us how does a player that never gets seen get ID'd? There is a process and I doubt you have any idea how it really works.
                              Who is saying that players from this club want to play in college?

Comment

Almost all kids that could play college are known by U12. Those kids that can't play college still fill out Team B, C and D on some of the big clubs.

A smart parent has to ask about alternatives.

For example, Lincoln and Middlesex have solid boys teams and have less that $1000 club fees.

The clubs are out there. One just needs to shop around.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X