Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, I don't get it. that's why I posted here. I wanted to see if I am off base, or whether my frustration is founded. I'm, generally speaking, not very educated. I do appreciate your feedback.
    Finally, a post with a grain of truth contained within...

Comment

My daughter has been at her club for 6 years and has received two formal reviews, however, her coaches have always been great at responding to emails and providing to feedback as asked. In regards to conflicts with games/tournaments, that is the nature of the beast and happens at every club. Bottom line is that if your kid is improving and having fun just go with it.

Comment

First, i'm going to do my best to limit negative interactions. I'm honestly hoping to find some useful advice. I recognize that about 75% of the posts here are extremely negative. I'm asking the people posting the other 25% to help me out. First a bit about me: my child is U10. I did not play soccer as a kid, and I'm completely new to the club soccer scene as this is my chlid's first year in club. My child is in MAPLE, but I think that is irrelevant. Basically, I want to know if my frustration is justified. First the good: my child has improved dramatically over 8 months. I'm obviously biased as the dad, but seriously, my child has improved by country miles. my child is having a boat load of fun. both great. now the bad:
        1. Coach of the team has not had a single individual player/coach meeting since my child has been on the team (i.e., since August 2015). This includes all members of the team, not just my child.
        2. My child's team had a game last weekend, but the team just got an email from coach that he will not be coaching at the last game or at the Memorial Day tournament. Basically, he waited until after the last game he'll have coached to inform us that he won't be coaching them anymore.
        3. Coach intentionally double booked so that he was not available for the first 15 minutes of practice. Practices are 1 hour 15 minutes, meaning he misses 30 minutes of practice per week. One of the most substantial punitive actions taken against the team since last August was due to his arrival at their practice after 15 min and finding that they hadn't warmed themselves up. Note: these are 9 and 10 year old kids.
        4. This club is over $2000 a year. we're not talking about a volunteer coaching situation.
        5. This coach is the gender technical director. this guy isn't a chump in the organization.

Is my frustration justified? admittedly, my child is not a world-beater. i'm not paying for club so that my child can play soccer in college. i beg you to keep your response on the experience i'm having with the club.

Only club in the area that has 1 hour 15 minute training session for weaker teams in club. That would be the unorganized, unprofessional group known as KINGS, they train at dads, Supburban health club on the south side of town.

A bunch of young, arrogant, & clueless soccer kids running a club. Good Luck with them.

Comment

Only club in the area that has 1 hour 15 minute training session for weaker teams in club. That would be the unorganized, unprofessional group known as KINGS, they train at dads, Supburban health club on the south side of town.

A bunch of young, arrogant, & clueless soccer kids running a club. Good Luck with them.
          So your kid got cut or kicked out (probably because of you). Developmental teams should = all skill work, developing the late bloomers, no tactical work as it is not needed. Do not need 3 hours a week for that.

Cluseless kids were smart enough to let you go.

Good luck Memorial Day coaches, it's hunting season for these types of parents!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X