Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Girls ECNL at FC Bucks or FC Delco worth it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If these 2 clubs are terrible then I can't imagine how horrible you must think the Ukies club must be!! Salty u are
    I know that FC Bucks are seriously underachieving because of poor club direction and coaching. None of the FC Bucks ECNL teams U13 to U19 are going to qualify for ECNL post season play, not even qualify for the lowest showcase event. This is shocking, and shows how far this club has slipped. I know many of the families at FC Bucks are having a poor experience. They are spending lots of time and money, but their kids aren’t developing as players or getting help with college recruiting, which is why they are spending the money to play ECNL! Right now, FC Bucks are one of the worst clubs in the ECNL based on results, which matter. The standings are posted online for all to see. Missing out on playing at the ECNL playoffs is a big deal if you want to play in college. This was a major recruiting opportunity for the kids. Many people at FC Bucks feel they can't really do anything about it. CRUSA have the players; how and why are FC Bucks failing? Why is it that the CRUSA teams start out so strong from U8 to U12, but fall off after U13 when they move over to FC Bucks?

I know FC Delco is failing with their girls program too, and have no hope of turning it around. I also know Penn FC of Harrisburg are waiting to take their ECNL slot, and are being looked at as a welcome replacement by top ECNL clubs. I also know that US Soccer feels that Penn FC have a stable USL team and wish they were running a boys DA program in Central PA, but no change is on the horizon. Look at Penn FC working with another Harrisburg area club and gaining both boys and girls ECNL in the very near future.

All I know about Ukies is that they are a nice little private club that has a swimming pool, bar and better than average adult teams. Ukies aren't worthy of a full DA position or becoming a member of the ECNL on the girls side, but they still are doing a nice job. What I do know about Ukies is that they offer a good experience for travel/rec level soccer and continue to do well locally.

Not salty at all.

Comment

I know that FC Bucks are seriously underachieving because of poor club direction and coaching. None of the FC Bucks ECNL teams U13 to U19 are going to qualify for ECNL post season play, not even qualify for the lowest showcase event. This is shocking, and shows how far this club has slipped. I know many of the families at FC Bucks are having a poor experience. They are spending lots of time and money, but their kids aren’t developing as players or getting help with college recruiting, which is why they are spending the money to play ECNL! Right now, FC Bucks are one of the worst clubs in the ECNL based on results, which matter. The standings are posted online for all to see. Missing out on playing at the ECNL playoffs is a big deal if you want to play in college. This was a major recruiting opportunity for the kids. Many people at FC Bucks feel they can't really do anything about it. CRUSA have the players; how and why are FC Bucks failing? Why is it that the CRUSA teams start out so strong from U8 to U12, but fall off after U13 when they move over to FC Bucks?

I know FC Delco is failing with their girls program too, and have no hope of turning it around. I also know Penn FC of Harrisburg are waiting to take their ECNL slot, and are being looked at as a welcome replacement by top ECNL clubs. I also know that US Soccer feels that Penn FC have a stable USL team and wish they were running a boys DA program in Central PA, but no change is on the horizon. Look at Penn FC working with another Harrisburg area club and gaining both boys and girls ECNL in the very near future.

All I know about Ukies is that they are a nice little private club that has a swimming pool, bar and better than average adult teams. Ukies aren't worthy of a full DA position or becoming a member of the ECNL on the girls side, but they still are doing a nice job. What I do know about Ukies is that they offer a good experience for travel/rec level soccer and continue to do well locally.

Not salty at all.

Penn FC have big plans and are talking big things, but they are not even close to being ready. They want to do away with pay to play and want to be the Cedar Stars of PA, but that won't happen for a while. The USL team will be up and running in 2020 and then that will be followed by top level youth soccer. No way they will be playing ECNL or DA or whatever until 2021-22. If they can make free academy happen it would be awesome.

Comment

Fc bucks

To refer to the fc bucks leadership as “leadership” is a joke. The club is run by a bunch of no nothing good ole boys who are only interested in protecting themselves. Manella and Fehrle are universally despised by virtually all fc bucks parents - otherwise know as the customers. The Board knows they are terrible. Lew Spiewak knows they are terrible. Yet nothing is done. I think they are on the Board which makes it even harder to remove them and get real leaders. Leaders with vision.

Comment

To refer to the fc bucks leadership as “leadership” is a joke. The club is run by a bunch of no nothing good ole boys who are only interested in protecting themselves. Manella and Fehrle are universally despised by virtually all fc bucks parents - otherwise know as the customers. The Board knows they are terrible. Lew Spiewak knows they are terrible. Yet nothing is done. I think they are on the Board which makes it even harder to remove them and get real leaders. Leaders with vision.
          The other poster is correct about the teams not advancing to the play-offs but they failed to state an even bigger problem of kids not showing up for practice, that is when we have practice and it's not canceled. The older girls don't even go to the games anymore so even if we did make play-offs we wouldn't have enough kids that want to go. It's not just the parents that are unhappy. The thing that keeps the girls going are that they are all in a bad situation together and it's a common bond they share. It is time for new ideas.

Comment

Not salty at all.
            Keep your wife away from their coaches and don't have any expectations of playing quality competition beyond U14 and you will have a great experience at the Ukies.

Comment

So true.

Comment

Keep your wife away from their coaches and don't have any expectations of playing quality competition beyond U14 and you will have a great experience at the Ukies.
                How did the ukies even enter the conversation? I’d have my kid play rec soccer before paying to play there. It’s basically really expensive Rec soccer.

Comment

How did the ukies even enter the conversation? I’d have my kid play rec soccer before paying to play there. It’s basically really expensive Rec soccer.
                  Ukies entered the conversation because people at Bucks and Delco won't be going to the playoffs and they have time on their hands to beat up on Ukies for some reason. Deflection makes them feel better about all that money they paid for nothing. At least someones wife got something for the money she paid at Ukies.

Comment

Ukies entered the conversation because people at Bucks and Delco won't be going to the playoffs and they have time on their hands to beat up on Ukies for some reason. Deflection makes them feel better about all that money they paid for nothing. At least someones wife got something for the money she paid at Ukies.
                    All 3 are similarly priced but the Ukies dont apply as much back into the programming. In the end you get a better bang (no pun intended) for your buck at the other 2 clubs.

People just assume a lot of the ecnl bashing is coming from the ukies. It could be from anywhere though. For me its pretty simple for a girl. If she has any desire to play in college she should be playing for either an ecnl or gda team. The USYS route is possible but extremely difficult. Anyone who tells you otherwise does not have your best interests in mind.

Playing at ECNL events in Fla, Tex and NJ was a great experience. 40 -50 coaches attended every game including the schools that expressed interest in my kid. It was nice that she was able to committ as a Jr to a great school who plays at the D1 level. So tell me how I wasted my money because her team didnt qualify for the playoffs?

Its the difference between ECNL/GDA and USYS. USYS you hope for exposure with the other two its gauranteed.

Comment

So true.
                      Why all the bashing on Bucks, Delco only appears to have one team qualifying for ECNL play-offs and they have teams with worse records than Bucks!

Comment

Why all the bashing on Bucks, Delco only appears to have one team qualifying for ECNL play-offs and they have teams with worse records than Bucks!
                        Appears that Delco has two teams currently qualified for post season but that really isn’t the point. As a previous poster said, if college is the end game, it’s a lot easier to get there if you play GDA or ECNL. You can get there on other paths but it is a lot more work. Coaches like players from these two leagues because speed of play is generally much faster, even on the lower level teams. If you look at the showcase results this past weekend, Delco fared pretty well with 2 out of the 3 teams they sent and Bucks did okay as well. Tons of coaches on the sideline which is really the endgame. Most of these older teams have almost all of their girls committed or close to taking an offer. Maybe not to power 5 schools but most are good, decent schools. Even though neither club is a powerhouse in the northeast, the NE is probably the most competitive league and there are far worse clubs then these two accross the country. Everyone will have a different opinion but our experience has been good. I will say, if college doesn’t align with your child’s goals or they want a lower level program, could easily play somewhere else for hopefully less money. It’s up to each family to evaluate goals and how much money they want to spend. As for talk about other clubs getting the badge, or are more deserving, I don’t see anyone else, right now, that has the talent to field these teams, unless they give the badge back to Penn Fusion or a third team to PDA.

Comment

Appears that Delco has two teams currently qualified for post season but that really isn’t the point. As a previous poster said, if college is the end game, it’s a lot easier to get there if you play GDA or ECNL. You can get there on other paths but it is a lot more work. Coaches like players from these two leagues because speed of play is generally much faster, even on the lower level teams. If you look at the showcase results this past weekend, Delco fared pretty well with 2 out of the 3 teams they sent and Bucks did okay as well. Tons of coaches on the sideline which is really the endgame. Most of these older teams have almost all of their girls committed or close to taking an offer. Maybe not to power 5 schools but most are good, decent schools. Even though neither club is a powerhouse in the northeast, the NE is probably the most competitive league and there are far worse clubs then these two accross the country. Everyone will have a different opinion but our experience has been good. I will say, if college doesn’t align with your child’s goals or they want a lower level program, could easily play somewhere else for hopefully less money. It’s up to each family to evaluate goals and how much money they want to spend. As for talk about other clubs getting the badge, or are more deserving, I don’t see anyone else, right now, that has the talent to field these teams, unless they give the badge back to Penn Fusion or a third team to PDA.
                          FC Delco have nothing coming up and lots of kids leaving, the younger teams are bad and there is no feeder program. Also, it looks like just the U16 team will qualify for a ECNL playoff of sorts. The 17's are close but not in yet. SJEB, Penn Fusion, PA Classics, PDA, Match Fit and Cedar Stars are all better options than Delco. FC Bucks should be a better option, but it's a mess right now, even worse than Delco. If Reading could make one united club they could support ECNL and if it's true that Penn FC are building a club like Cedar Stars they might be an option in the future. Things seem to be a bit of a struggle at the PA Classics GDA and they would be the best fit for an ECNL program if they didn't have GDA. IMO Bucks have the most potential but they are blowing it.

Comment

FC Delco have nothing coming up and lots of kids leaving, the younger teams are bad and there is no feeder program. Also, it looks like just the U16 team will qualify for a ECNL playoff of sorts. The 17's are close but not in yet. SJEB, Penn Fusion, PA Classics, PDA, Match Fit and Cedar Stars are all better options than Delco. FC Bucks should be a better option, but it's a mess right now, even worse than Delco. If Reading could make one united club they could support ECNL and if it's true that Penn FC are building a club like Cedar Stars they might be an option in the future. Things seem to be a bit of a struggle at the PA Classics GDA and they would be the best fit for an ECNL program if they didn't have GDA. IMO Bucks have the most potential but they are blowing it.
                            Newsflash... ECNL will add a PA team when one applies that they want. They will not kick anyone out to do so either.

Comment

Newsflash... ECNL will add a PA team when one applies that they want. They will not kick anyone out to do so either.
                              FC Delco will not be able to support girls soccer within two years, they won't have the numbers. So there will be an open spot without having to kick a club out.

Comment

Hey thinking about leaving Matchfit academy for Continental FC. Thoughts?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X