• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Flunk you! Okay...better?
    Order restored, carry on...

Comment

Of course, because it didn't exist until the very end. ECNL should get credit for their development, not GDA.

Every year that will level itself out more and more.
      No one is giving GDA any development credit. And, I wouldn't credit any league. It's the club , the kid and their teammates/coaches that get the credit for development. A patch doesn't do anything but allow you to take the field for that league.

I would surmise that AD wanted them to play against the other top YNT's that were in the GDA for the 1st year (not so much now as they are all over), get the additional training and not have to play high school and come in with nagging hs injuries or bad habits.

Comment

Please. NE GDA is anything but "soccer at a high level."
        None of the UNC kids are from NE GDA. I think that says it all.

Comment

No one is giving GDA any development credit. And, I wouldn't credit any league. It's the club , the kid and their teammates/coaches that get the credit for development. A patch doesn't do anything but allow you to take the field for that league.

I would surmise that AD wanted them to play against the other top YNT's that were in the GDA for the 1st year (not so much now as they are all over), get the additional training and not have to play high school and come in with nagging hs injuries or bad habits.
          Agreed. My kid is in GDA, full disclosure, and I'm not fond of the "The kid played GDA!" argument for college freshman/sophomores, like they should get some credit after a year in it.

You are right...it's the Club (and the kid themselves). Also agree on the HS comment, too.

Comment

GDA is just like every other league ,some great players and age groups some not so great.

Comment

GDA is just like every other league ,some great players and age groups some not so great.
              Worse. They totally discriminate with who should play HS and sell high competition snake oil to the rest so they can have fall season. They cannot proclaim that they are pro- forming college players with their restriction sub rules yet they are not addressing the needs of 1%. Mess and chaotic. At least you know what the other leagues do and sign up for.

Comment

That and expectations were running high year 1 for GDA. Then it all started to come apart, much of it predicted. I think now if a coach had a NT player or similar coming in that didn't have a good GDA option in her backyard he wouldn't pressure a move. Much of what that player brings onto the college field is her own hard work leading up to that point + senior year prep to get ready.

Comment

That and expectations were running high year 1 for GDA. Then it all started to come apart, much of it predicted. I think now if a coach had a NT player or similar coming in that didn't have a good GDA option in her backyard he wouldn't pressure a move. Much of what that player brings onto the college field is her own hard work leading up to that point + senior year prep to get ready.
                  Agreed. THis isn't a dissertation about GDA or the various problems with all the soccer leagues.

My previous post was about AD wanting kids to play GDA probably for training, to not have to play (and get hurt or drop down play level) in high school, etc. And also noting that none of the player development is league driven.

That's what gets lost in the league wars. The leagues are responsible for getting the kid more or less exposure, but not development.

Development is ALL from the kid, the club, their coaches/teammates and we, parents, too. Mostly, the kid.

It doesn't matter where your kid goes for league/club if they are not motivated or have high soccer iq, a league/club isn't going to fix that.

Comment

Agreed. THis isn't a dissertation about GDA or the various problems with all the soccer leagues.

My previous post was about AD wanting kids to play GDA probably for training, to not have to play (and get hurt or drop down play level) in high school, etc. And also noting that none of the player development is league driven.

That's what gets lost in the league wars. The leagues are responsible for getting the kid more or less exposure, but not development.

Development is ALL from the kid, the club, their coaches/teammates and we, parents, too. Mostly, the kid.

It doesn't matter where your kid goes for league/club if they are not motivated or have high soccer iq, a league/club isn't going to fix that.
                    Many college are not anti high school. Injuries happen plenty in club soccer too.

Comment

Many college are not anti high school. Injuries happen plenty in club soccer too.
                      Of course. Injuries happen in college as well. But, "highly recommending" GDA and not playing high school worked for AD didn't it? UNC hadn't been in the finals in a few years prior to last season.

Also, the GDA freshmen on FSU didn't play high school either. As another poster noted, this isn't endorsing the league as the league didn't develop these players. They and their clubs did.

But maybe the lack of too many back to back games in the club season with GDA, no high school, substitution rules in GDA (so you had to work on your endurance more; no unlimited subs) and more training was the trick. Concidence, maybe or maybe not.

Comment

2 kids out of thousands of girls ,ya I’ll force my kid to play DA for what so they can go to the same colleges as kids in every other league.SSS will be top dog in DA Nefc will be lucky to get out of 3rd place in div, the weakest division in the league at that .

Comment

2 kids out of thousands of girls ,ya I’ll force my kid to play DA for what so they can go to the same colleges as kids in every other league.SSS will be top dog in DA Nefc will be lucky to get out of 3rd place in div, the weakest division in the league at that .
                          Huh? Two kids...what?

Comment

If you really believe that top D1 programs are only recruiting out of GDA (especially in the NE where the league is pretty weak beyond the top couple of clubs), you're delusional. They find kids in both leagues.

Kids who have talent will be found whether they play GDA or ECNL (or somewhere else--although it is harder). You are a typical NEFC parent who has bought in to what the coaches sell. Not sure why you have to trash the other league or other clubs to make yourself feel better about your decision.
                            Really, please show me just how many kids from NE have actually gone to big time soccer programs and contributed, never mind impacted. The funny part is a lot of them actually played on NPL teams not on ECNL or GDA teams. Got to love the revisionist history on this site.

Comment

Really, please show me just how many kids from NE have actually gone to big time soccer programs and contributed, never mind impacted. The funny part is a lot of them actually played on NPL teams not on ECNL or GDA teams. Got to love the revisionist history on this site.
                              let's be clear, there is no future after college for woman soccer....unless you are off the chart and you can join the national team (top 25 or 30 players in the nation).
                              you have better chances to win the powerball!

D1, D2, D3 does not matter... better have a good degree when you come out!!!
                              might actually be better to focus on school than soccer... all that for a 25% of a scholarship... that's sad!!!

Comment

Nefc hopes of rising to the top will end with SSS joining.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X