Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Summer championship game ? your team has to win their Npl bracket then win State cup then win qualifying round to semis and then championship game.Summer championship game as you called is end result of numerous successes.
    Relax mom. We all know the road they took. Congrats to all the teams. Hopefully there was 75 coaches on the sidelines as well last weekend watching your daughter.

Comment

Not true. Coaches recruit individuals not teams. You can still stand out if the coaches see you making the correct runs, passing correctly and with pace, and more. You can still stand out even if your team isn't great. Coaches are looking for that kid, still.
      If there are no coaches on the sidelines you will not be seen, you have to make it into the top brackets to get in front of the coaches, the coaches all stay centrally located and will not travel to the fields of the lower brackets, anyone that has gone to these events know that its true

Comment

Relax mom. We all know the road they took. Congrats to all the teams. Hopefully there was 75 coaches on the sidelines as well last weekend watching your daughter.
        Wow, the envy of all the clubs on here bashing NEFC is crazy, NEFC has a great environment that is why all these teams that traveled to nationals and had so much success. The families and coaches are so committed and dedicated to each other, it was great to see all the coaches and players on the sidelines supporting each other all week, thank you!!!

Comment

There is a difference between bashing and factual statements.

Wow, the envy of all the clubs on here bashing NEFC is crazy, NEFC has a great environment that is why all these teams that traveled to nationals and had so much success. The families and coaches are so committed and dedicated to each other, it was great to see all the coaches and players on the sidelines supporting each other all week, thank you!!!

Comment

Factual statements ? Do tell.

Comment

This is such an asinine comment. Those girls won a championship because they were committed to their team and winning that championship not to secure a scholarship or have a future soccer career. If your daughter was lucky enough to be on that championship team you would have fond memories and keepsakes from the championship that she and her teammates earned. Every team plays to win regardless of what you say and winning a championship and earning a scholarship are not mutually exclusive.
              True. Winning a championship and earning a scholarship are not mutually exclusive. However, when the club sells you all of those tourneys to earn Got Me Some Soccer Points (which costs $$$ in housing, travel, food, etc.) and you then get to go to a US Club Soccer championship tourney as a result and win it, you expect that you will get some scholarship help.

I could buy trophies and other ribbons if that is what was cherished. I and others on the team expected some good reach outs from coaches and we didn't get it. So, this national championship was nice, good memories, was worthless as far as any soccer leg up in the recruiting process. I would have rather spent money on multiple id camps.

Comment

Oakwood?
                Good guess, but no.

Comment

Got soccer points really ,you think that’s why teams went.Should they have not gone after winning State cup ?,that was the kids and parents choice to go or not.Ziplining and whitewater rafting,panning for gold was fun my family enjoyed it .And getting to play soccer that my daughter loves to do and end up in a championship game was awesome and we have great family memories.Not every kid can say they won a National championship .Mine can and that alone is worth it to me and her.

Comment

True. Winning a championship and earning a scholarship are not mutually exclusive. However, when the club sells you all of those tourneys to earn Got Me Some Soccer Points (which costs $$$ in housing, travel, food, etc.) and you then get to go to a US Club Soccer championship tourney as a result and win it, you expect that you will get some scholarship help.

I could buy trophies and other ribbons if that is what was cherished. I and others on the team expected some good reach outs from coaches and we didn't get it. So, this national championship was nice, good memories, was worthless as far as any soccer leg up in the recruiting process. I would have rather spent money on multiple id camps.
                    Parents do themselves a disservice not investigating the recruiting process and statistics early on. This isn't soccer specific either. The youth sports landscape is littered with shattered scholarship dreams. If more knew what they were getting into travel and state level soccer would be much better industries, like they were ten years ago.

Comment

No one puts a gun to families heads to play for a team or attend events. If you want to spend your money elsewhere you're free to do so. The choices of others is none of your affair.

Comment

Why would you think coaches would reach out. The coaches are in full swing by the time these US soccer championships happen. The coaches have returned from California and some from wherever the NPL finals happen. I’m going to try and not offend anyone here that has a daughter in these national championships so I ask you, what made you believe the coaches would reach out if they did not watch the games? That is what you wrote up there. Expecting a call.

Comment

Expect nothing and you have everything to gain,who in their right mind would think college coaches would go.It was well know what colleges were attending weeks in advance, on the cup website .Went to get away on a family vacation and see some soccer.Wasnt deceived or forced to go,went because we could.It was a great time.

Comment

It is not a national championship because they name it that. It is a a summer tournament, and it is meant to showcase NPL players. Many teams that qualify elect not to attend.

Factual statements ? Do tell.

Comment

National says it on trophy.

Comment

Then it must be.

National says it on trophy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X