Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Deep and strong club?? Ha ha, they have numbers so within all those numbers you will have some athletic kids who belong with the better teams. Please..if your kid belonged in DA or ECNL they would be there and you wouldn’t blink at the cost. What’s funny is you justifying paying less. You are what this mega club survives on. They need the numbers and they are masters at selling the dream. Keep making excuses and paying your lower NPL fees to justify why your kid can’t play in ecnl/da.
    Spot on. It’s fine to play on a lower team. You don’t need to justify it. It’s what fits at the moment for you. It’s where you probably belong, and there’s nothing wrong with that. There’s no need to put down others for their situations either, whether they are lower or higher than you think you are.

Comment

Deep and strong club?? Ha ha, they have numbers so within all those numbers you will have some athletic kids who belong with the better teams. Please..if your kid belonged in DA or ECNL they would be there and you wouldn’t blink at the cost. What’s funny is you justifying paying less. You are what this mega club survives on. They need the numbers and they are masters at selling the dream. Keep making excuses and paying your lower NPL fees to justify why your kid can’t play in ecnl/da.
      I can tell you my child was offered both a DA spot and an ECNL spot and turned them down for several varying reasons. Most had to do with financial, location, travel commitment, and the other family issues (including 4 kids). Get off your high horse assuming all players who COULD be on your roster would also CHOOSE to be. Enjoy your team, and we'll enjoy ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        They “chose” to stay in NPL? Did they even tryout for da? How do you know they would have even made the da team?
        There was one girl who moved to npl, only to play several games with her old DA team and playoffs because the team was so weak.

Comment

NPL is not much cheaper then DA Tuition wise it’s the travel that brings the expense up

Comment

Have seen many of the players on these great teams difference in divisions minimal I’ve seen low level nep players that would dominate half of your great players most parents don’t want to travel or more importantly sit on the sidelines with you

Comment

I personally know players and families that moved from DA teams to NPL because they just weren’t satisfied with DA or weren’t interested in ECNL, so to say people are making excuses is a crock of bull. If you think there are kids playing in the NPL who couldn’t make the so called top level your the one who’s delusional.

There are entire teams that only a season ago were playing NPL and now are DA, did they magically become DA level players in a few months or did DA take in these teams to make up for the clubs who left? Every player and family finds the situation that best suits them and sometimes it doesn’t matter the league or the level. In the end it doesn’t mean much so I hope your kid is enjoying themselves and not chasing some fantasy you have in your head.

Comment

This is crazy. We hopped off the ECNL train and went NPL because we couldn’t justify the near $10,000 price tag. To say that kids who could play ECNL or DA have parents who wouldn’t blink at the cost reeks of elitism. Some families sacrifice greatly for the $5000 NPL cost including travel and can’t spend any more.

Comment

This is crazy. We hopped off the ECNL train and went NPL because we couldn’t justify the near $10,000 price tag. To say that kids who could play ECNL or DA have parents who wouldn’t blink at the cost reeks of elitism. Some families sacrifice greatly for the $5000 NPL cost including travel and can’t spend any more.
                  Similar situation with my player. And let’s face it... unless for maybe the top 3 players on a DA team, there are npl players who could step in and immediately fit right in on the team.

Comment

I personally know players and families that moved from DA teams to NPL because they just weren’t satisfied with DA or weren’t interested in ECNL, so to say people are making excuses is a crock of bull. If you think there are kids playing in the NPL who couldn’t make the so called top level your the one who’s delusional.

There are entire teams that only a season ago were playing NPL and now are DA, did they magically become DA level players in a few months or did DA take in these teams to make up for the clubs who left? Every player and family finds the situation that best suits them and sometimes it doesn’t matter the league or the level. In the end it doesn’t mean much so I hope your kid is enjoying themselves and not chasing some fantasy you have in your head.
                    Very short sighted. There are lots of considerations that go into making the decision such as coach choice, location of practice, high school participation. Any of the higher level teams can provide college opportunities including D1 if that is your goal. From a parent that has a daughter playing at a decent D1 level school that played with NEFC.

Comment

Very short sighted. There are lots of considerations that go into making the decision such as coach choice, location of practice, high school participation. Any of the higher level teams can provide college opportunities including D1 if that is your goal. From a parent that has a daughter playing at a decent D1 level school that played with NEFC.
                      Three years ago 3G was the cell service standard. Now we’re on to 5G. NPL has become the 3G of college recruiting.

Comment

Not true for all ages.

Comment

Similar situation with my player. And let’s face it... unless for maybe the top 3 players on a DA team, there are npl players who could step in and immediately fit right in on the team.
                          We did as well, three years ago. I questioned it after U14 with my daughter but let her play another season (she loved her teammates and had been with the club for a long time). The coach was not happy with me for questioning him, but I didnt care. After the 2nd season (she still started and played majority of games), I had had enough. Too much money, too many players on roster, and not enough attention to detail by her coaches and the club. It was obvious, that they were not trying to develop and train players, but more focused on keeping the money train rolling. The persistent bad habits of so many players that were never corrected (as younger kids or even up through U15 was maddening). Went to a smaller club with a better team that played much nicer soccer and paid a lot less .... was much happier ... still wish I had moved her the year earlier. That smaller club scrimmaged her old ECNL team a year or so later and embarrassed them badly. Sorry, dont chase the badge, it often is not worth it.

Comment

Not true for all ages.
                            Full pay D3 college programs do need soccer players.

Comment

We did as well, three years ago. I questioned it after U14 with my daughter but let her play another season (she loved her teammates and had been with the club for a long time). The coach was not happy with me for questioning him, but I didnt care. After the 2nd season (she still started and played majority of games), I had had enough. Too much money, too many players on roster, and not enough attention to detail by her coaches and the club. It was obvious, that they were not trying to develop and train players, but more focused on keeping the money train rolling. The persistent bad habits of so many players that were never corrected (as younger kids or even up through U15 was maddening). Went to a smaller club with a better team that played much nicer soccer and paid a lot less .... was much happier ... still wish I had moved her the year earlier. That smaller club scrimmaged her old ECNL team a year or so later and embarrassed them badly. Sorry, dont chase the badge, it often is not worth it.
                              Get to Stars ECNL if you want your daughter to play in college.

Comment

Talent needed not badge .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X