Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre School Soccer

My kid was approached to play on an Elite elementary school team. Anyone interested in joining with my 4 year old?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kid was approached to play on an Elite elementary school team. Anyone interested in joining with my 4 year old?
    Wow,elite aged 4?
    I think it's called 'rec'.

Comment

You can always hook one idiot.

Comment

Is it a U5 team or Kindergarten. My boy has failed K twice, so is big for his grade, but can boot the ball further than any kid in his grade. If the club has a team with the word "elite" in it, we will do ANYTHING to have him play. We have him training 6 nights a week as he never has homework, then street soccer everyday, just in case.

Comment

Just "elite", huh? My kid plays "premier elite academy" for Happy Tots Daycare. she's beast.

Comment

Is it a U5 team or Kindergarten. My boy has failed K twice, so is big for his grade, but can boot the ball further than any kid in his grade. If the club has a team with the word "elite" in it, we will do ANYTHING to have him play. We have him training 6 nights a week as he never has homework, then street soccer everyday, just in case.
            you should break him of the bad long ball habit now before it is too late if you truly want him to be elite or are you just messin around - you may consider finding him players of his size

Comment

you should break him of the bad long ball habit now before it is too late if you truly want him to be elite or are you just messin around - you may consider finding him players of his size
              I agree- have him play "up" with an Elite Premiere ODP Academy elementary school. Sounds like a bruising centerback in the making.

Comment

maybe next year

I have my 4 year old taking private lessons from this really great trainer. He only charges me $75 a session and I can already see the results. We have been focusing on his first touch and it is still a work in progress but I think we are headed in the right direction. Next year he will be ready for the big time ELITE team.

Comment

My kid's school

My kid goes to Sunrise elementary and they are the best. They have the best coaches, the best uniforms, the best cleats, and anything else. When this team gets to HS they will probably skip it and just go straight to the World Cup.

Our trainer says it's best to use the same rule for timeout in deciding the number of days per week to train. For 5 year olds he says 5 days a week is good and that the kids better enjoy the 2 days off because by the time they are 7 those days will be gone.

He also says technical training should be done at home in our spare time and that he will focus on tactics for 4 days a week and then spend 1 day a week on cockiness building. If these kids are going to be from Sunrise then they need to learn that it makes them the best. If they lose blame it on someone else and if you win just bask in all the glory that is your awesomeness.

Comment

My kid goes to Sunrise elementary and they are the best. They have the best coaches, the best uniforms, the best cleats, and anything else. When this team gets to HS they will probably skip it and just go straight to the World Cup.

Our trainer says it's best to use the same rule for timeout in deciding the number of days per week to train. For 5 year olds he says 5 days a week is good and that the kids better enjoy the 2 days off because by the time they are 7 those days will be gone.

He also says technical training should be done at home in our spare time and that he will focus on tactics for 4 days a week and then spend 1 day a week on cockiness building. If these kids are going to be from Sunrise then they need to learn that it makes them the best. If they lose blame it on someone else and if you win just bask in all the glory that is your awesomeness.
                    How much is the technical training? I'd be willing to pay up to $100 per hour. Do you have any names?

Comment

love it. Parents dont realize how nuts they sound

Comment

I read there's an "academy style" boarding school for college bound athletes 3-5 years old. It's in Ukraine. I wonder if they have financial assistance?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X