Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well said. Maybe one player will go on to a professional career and they'll make, what, about $50,000 per year for a short career. Investing in a good education is the best bet for any of these students so they can go on to earn a decent living at a lifelong career. You won't see me putting my son's name here but I suspect it's not always the parents adding to this list. To an extent what gets posted on this list is often out of one's control.
    O.k., so now this is going in an absolutely ridiculous direction. To suggest that the above listed players will not succeed in life because they have committed to a school is ubsurd. Ask anyone recruiting for a business. Those who can manage more will get the nod.

Comment

O.k., so now this is going in an absolutely ridiculous direction. To suggest that the above listed players will not succeed in life because they have committed to a school is ubsurd. Ask anyone recruiting for a business. Those who can manage more will get the nod.
      O.P......absurd.

Comment

ok- what is a bad major at NU ?
        What is a good major so you will succeed in life ?

Comment

Ignore that poster. He's just trying to deal with his disappointment the best way he knows how. He's posted about 5 times about how he's not going to post his kid's "commitment." So obviously something he'd love to do but won't because he is embarrassed himself. Sad.

Comment

I didn't suggest that at all. I expressed my opinion that these boys should be focused on getting a good college education because at the end of it, most if not all will need to find jobs. Neither did I criticize any player or college of choice on this list. Nice attempt to twist my words around though.

Comment

WOW - I guess playing for the Bolts is almost like automatic admission to Northeastern. Four recruits has just got to be some kind of record.
              It will be interesting if any will get playing time next year with 3 seniors leaving ...Bolts Freshman NE player this year, ranked in top 100, got a fair amount of time and one shot...rumor has it that with this year's good record and popularity of Boston a number of recruits from europe are visiting school..I also wait until letter of intent is signed, nothing is solid until then, NCAA elibilbity also a fun excercise....If I was to bet, 1-2 of the players may redshirt...easy excuse at NE....I am just a little uncomfortable with players paying Bolts fees for years and then getting a scholarship from NE, I think there is a latin term for that...maybe I am just too cynical

Comment

I didn't suggest that at all. I expressed my opinion that these boys should be focused on getting a good college education because at the end of it, most if not all will need to find jobs. Neither did I criticize any player or college of choice on this list. Nice attempt to twist my words around though.
                No need to twist. You just did it again by saying that they will need to focus on getting a good education and finding a job once they graduate. News flash....they already know that. They just happen to be able to play a sport as well.

Comment

It will be interesting if any will get playing time next year with 3 seniors leaving ...Bolts Freshman NE player this year, ranked in top 100, got a fair amount of time and one shot...rumor has it that with this year's good record and popularity of Boston a number of recruits from europe are visiting school..I also wait until letter of intent is signed, nothing is solid until then, NCAA elibilbity also a fun excercise....If I was to bet, 1-2 of the players may redshirt...easy excuse at NE....I am just a little uncomfortable with players paying Bolts fees for years and then getting a scholarship from NE, I think there is a latin term for that...maybe I am just too cynical
                  Latin word for you.....Invideo

Comment

Latin word for you.....Invideo
                    Mr (s) smarty pants makes his appearence....no envy sorry to disappoint...we shall see if the kids play, IMO none of them is better than DD

Comment

My latin's a little rusty....but I think the word is wannabe-us or wannabe-um!

Comment

Are you thinking that these players did not get other D1 scholarship offers ?

Comment

No need to twist. You just did it again by saying that they will need to focus on getting a good education and finding a job once they graduate. News flash....they already know that. They just happen to be able to play a sport as well.
                          So then we are saying the same thing. I was not intending to be critical of anyone just expressing an opinion that focus on the college degree was the smart move since that's when playing soccer will end for all but a few. I've re-read my original post that got your panties in a twist and still don't see how you've read it as offensive or critical.

Comment

The only thing that matters is the Feb 1 signing of letter of intent...anything can happen up to that point..

Comment

So then we are saying the same thing. I was not intending to be critical of anyone just expressing an opinion that focus on the college degree was the smart move since that's when playing soccer will end for all but a few. I've re-read my original post that got your panties in a twist and still don't see how you've read it as offensive or critical.
                              Different poster. Let's look at your original post. You said "Well said" to the post comparing commitment lists to crack. Then you made your point about careers. And then you threw in (again?) your intention to avoid posting your own kid's commitment. As you noted indirectly, it is possible parents are not the source of all or even most of the listings. And why is it a bad thing to have your kid listed if you are comfortable with the commitment? And the post you endorsed strongly suggested that most players listed as committed to D1s aren't "real" D1 commitments, so that yields a conclusion that his kid and/or your kid didn't make D1, and so the very potshots that you seem to be concerned about come from that guy and you. Pretty easy to figure out.

Some kids are just better, and some will do well academically and career-wise despite being better. And honestly, since when are other people really concerned about whether someone else's kid fails or not? I doubt any of us shed any tears if and when we hear about a kid going D1 and then not focusing enough on their academics. I mean, really, are you truly worried about whether those kids are going to have successful business careers, or is this all about building a defensive fort and rationalization around your own situation?

Comment

I know they did not. The issue here and it speaks to what DAP is about is that these kids poured their time and focus during their high school years into soccer and NU was where they ended up academically, at best. That's fine, because that might be the limit for them anyway, and if scholarship money is there, its a good deal. DAP is requiring too much focus and time on the sport at the expense of academics - the high end academic schools are going to be taking more of their players from the top non-DAP clubs, many who stay in their privates during the Fall - we know this is already true locally. Harvard has all their local guys from MPS and Blazers in recent years, and that's because its hard to get a DAP kid who can clear the academic threshold.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X