Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parents

My child luckily does not belong to the "big 3". She plays on a competitive team. shes a middle of the road kid and her personality keeps it that way, which is fine by me. She loves soccer and I want to keep it that way. Her team frequently plays the big 3 in league and some friendlies. I feel its a good experience for the kids to play them but watching the parents its not so much. Ive noticed a consistency with the parents on each of the clubs. FSA parents are conservative but can be loud, OW parents are also conservative but seem to not talk to each other much, and CFC parents are loud and are on referees if it doesn't go their way. It seems that CFC parents are the WT (white trash) of the big 3. Just more of a comment than anything but would also discuss.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My child luckily does not belong to the "big 3". She plays on a competitive team. shes a middle of the road kid and her personality keeps it that way, which is fine by me. She loves soccer and I want to keep it that way. Her team frequently plays the big 3 in league and some friendlies. I feel its a good experience for the kids to play them but watching the parents its not so much. Ive noticed a consistency with the parents on each of the clubs. FSA parents are conservative but can be loud, OW parents are also conservative but seem to not talk to each other much, and CFC parents are loud and are on referees if it doesn't go their way. It seems that CFC parents are the WT (white trash) of the big 3. Just more of a comment than anything but would also discuss.
    the cfc parents are the most combative, yes. FSA the loudest by far. OW parents just seem snotty, but they're not esp. unpleasant.

Comment

ow parents dont talk to each other because their kids are competing for a playing time and the my kid is better than your kid syndrome.

ow parents are the worst!

Comment

Massive generalization. Depends on the specific team/branch, age, boys or girls... varies widely in my opinion. Not sure where you’re getting the WT part, You must be anti CFC with that comment. Each club has its issues on specific teams, I’ve seen all 3 clubs parents and none are categorically better or worse.

FSA parent

Comment

Massive generalization. Depends on the specific team/branch, age, boys or girls... varies widely in my opinion. Not sure where you’re getting the WT part, You must be anti CFC with that comment. Each club has its issues on specific teams, I’ve seen all 3 clubs parents and none are categorically better or worse.

FSA parent
          I'm betting he's talking about CFC Valley parents - def WT

Comment

ow parents dont talk to each other because their kids are competing for a playing time and the my kid is better than your kid syndrome.

you don't think anomosity exists among CFC Sky and Orange or FSA A,B,C,D,Etc teams? Seriously, I'd like you to answer that with the "my kid is better than your kid syndrome" thought in mind.

Comment

Fake news. The Big 3 doesn’t play the hoi polloi. Blue Bloods only.

Comment

First of all its not the big 3. It's the big 1 that being FSA all the rest are half ass soccer clubs.

Comment

So you have one kid that plays the same aged teams at other clubs "once in awhile", yet you have observed enough to draw conclusions about all the parents at other clubs?

You're either a troll or the worst social scientist ever.

Comment

Fake news. The Big 3 doesn’t play the hoi polloi. Blue Bloods only.
                    ^^^^^^

Comment

So you have one kid that plays the same aged teams at other clubs "once in awhile", yet you have observed enough to draw conclusions about all the parents at other clubs?

You're either a troll or the worst social scientist ever.
                      Not the OP, but by far other than watching my kid play - watching parental behavior on the sidelines is the next best part of the game.

Forget CT parents, my ultimate favorite crazy, WT sideline parents are Pipeline parents, followed by the pompous behavior of Penn Fusion parents.

Comment

Similar issues at FSA. My daughters teammate gets mad when my daughter scores, instead of being happy. Her parents pay her for every goal and there is a bonus at the end of the season if she is the top scorer. It’s pathetic. A lot of competition within the team itself. Parents are very difficult to deal with. Not a pleasant experience.

Comment

Similar issues at FSA. My daughters teammate gets mad when my daughter scores, instead of being happy. Her parents pay her for every goal and there is a bonus at the end of the season if she is the top scorer. It’s pathetic. A lot of competition within the team itself. Parents are very difficult to deal with. Not a pleasant experience.
                          Same poster. Also, teammates won’t pass and would rather make selfish impossible shots. There is no celebration when certain players score, just mad faces. Coach doesn’t do anything about it.

Comment

the cfc parents are the most combative, yes. FSA the loudest by far. OW parents just seem snotty, but they're not esp. unpleasant.
                            OW parents can't take it when someone makes contact with one of theirs and they are one of the most physical and "hands on" club we see all year. Everything is a foul on their kids and their kids seem to always be targeted by the refs with bad calls! :)

Comment

Same poster. Also, teammates won’t pass and would rather make selfish impossible shots. There is no celebration when certain players score, just mad faces. Coach doesn’t do anything about it.
                              None of the girls teams pass worth anything. It is so awful to watch when they play even mediocre team. I probably wouldnt pass it either if i was them .... you only get the ball when you take it from an opponent, if you give it up to a teammate, you will never see the darned thing again. It's like the opposite of a hot potato.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X