April is Out - What does it mean?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of these leagues is going to learn to leverage technology and compete by reducing the dreaded travel burden and its dreaded costs in time and money. That one will eventually win.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      They tried? Give me a freakin break - adopt our platform for your top teams or be left on the sideline . . . Chicago never loses. Problem for the feds is that too many clubs called their bluff.

ECNL has plenty of organization weaknesses (can we get past the era of showcases - with the quality of video these days, no way as necessary as it was before), but telling late to the party, heavy-handed bureaucrats to pound sand was the right play here.

Flav-o-Aid?

I agree, less surgery...

Comment

They tried? Give me a freakin break - adopt our platform for your top teams or be left on the sideline . . . Chicago never loses. Problem for the feds is that too many clubs called their bluff.

ECNL has plenty of organization weaknesses (can we get past the era of showcases - with the quality of video these days, no way as necessary as it was before), but telling late to the party, heavy-handed bureaucrats to pound sand was the right play here.
        what do you mean by platform? you are making my point for me, they had no leverage. Clubs will do whatever they want and make up rules a they go along. As long as there are showcases, they will convince parents of whatever they need to.

No league has any real interest in the things the USSF feels they need to help produce better players.

Comment

and what do you consider trying? the leagues hahve direct , daily access to the people who fund the game - parents. In the PR game its not a fair fight. The parent of the average kid who knows little about the game is easily convinced that the big bad USSF only care about .01 pct of the player pool and that somehow that is a bad thing.

The leagues are marketing to families who wan to be told, play HS and everything else and it wont impact you. They are right, but having a real track for the elite talent is not in the ECNL best interest either as it would siphon off College coaches from the top programs if those kids were not on the field. Now average cant say UNC were at my game. or we hadd 50 coaches at the game today. and ECNL boss cannot justify 4k and all that travel for 10 local schools on the sidelines

the top player is being used and not getting much in return. they dont need the exposure and they dont need to be run into the ground at showcases and meaningless back to back games. Let alone HS soccer on top .

Comment

what do you mean by platform? you are making my point for me, they had no leverage. Clubs will do whatever they want and make up rules a they go along. As long as there are showcases, they will convince parents of whatever they need to.

No league has any real interest in the things the USSF feels they need to help produce better players.
            GDA = platform. April and team overplayed their hand; I think they have leverage of national team access and marketing dollars out of federation. Wasn't enough it turns out.

Begs the question - should a country this size, with diverse seasonality even have national leagues and should they be run by the fed? Might work in Holland, doesn't mean it works in USA.

Comment

GDA = platform. April and team overplayed their hand; I think they have leverage of national team access and marketing dollars out of federation. Wasn't enough it turns out.

Begs the question - should a country this size, with diverse seasonality even have national leagues and should they be run by the fed? Might work in Holland, doesn't mean it works in USA.
              National leagues are nonsense and serve no purpose. A lower cost regional structure would have sealed the deal for success of the GDA. Oh well. We dont want to fly to the west coast to play youth soccer and they dont want to fly here.

Comment

National leagues are nonsense and serve no purpose. A lower cost regional structure would have sealed the deal for success of the GDA. Oh well. We dont want to fly to the west coast to play youth soccer and they dont want to fly here.
                Like ODP? less club influence and more ussf?

Comment

Like ODP, If ODP was designed to serve the players.

Comment

thats not leverage with the clubs is it ? are suggesting the buy the clubs ? tbh, you are not offering any solution other than the one they chose. Like i said, without consensus, this whole thing is doomed

Comment

it really wouldn't because without the Clubs they have nothing. GDA want

No HS
                      Fewer games
                      More practices

why would the Clubs agree to that ?

Comment

so why do you ?

Comment

it really wouldn't because without the Clubs they have nothing. GDA want

No HS
                          Fewer games
                          More practices

why would the Clubs agree to that ?
                          bingo

$$ over development

Most Clubs wouldn't agree with that.

Now, if you are a member of such a Club, ask yourself if you are OK with that.

Comment

the thing you call a platform is the same clubs with a few national rules. its not buy into our platform . it was lets come up with a set of rules that WE the USSF will enforce. No way ECNL agree to that. Why would they agree to increase their costs for no additional return .

The only way a club would do that would be as a hedge vs the GDA taking off. But in reality the clubs themselves can control that if they put a foot in both camps and thats exactly what they did.

you make it sound like it was easy for the USSF to negotiate. it would have been really hard even with a leader who all the ECNL clubs respected. Impossible with one they did not.

Comment

so why do you ?
                              How do you get out of it? We parents put lots of pressure on to limit far flung travel but some of it is inevitable to play in certain leagues. As little as possible is the goal.

Comment

bingo

$$ over development

Most Clubs wouldn't agree with that.

Now, if you are a member of such a Club, ask yourself if you are OK with that.
                                most parent are because they get the full on marketing push AND the players themselves have limited upside. Getting a from letter from a coach post showcase is held up as justification enough.

its stupidity

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X