Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please hand out Cards

I just got back from tourney and foget about a long post here about the refereeing - okay we all know that's part of youth soccer.

But with that being said, why are refs so hesitant to hand out a card? If for no other reason - then to have kids LEARN the game!! How else will they learn what is a soccer play and what isn't????

We are doing these kids a disservice for plays on the field that would draw a card in any professsional soccer game.

Nows warning first- sure - don't get card happy - but teach the kids how to play the game for god sakes!!!!!

My kid got slide tackled in the box twice this weeekend - no contact with ball - all with shooting leg - no call either time.

Am I complaining about the calls here - heck no!! My kid can take it - who I feel bad for is the kids that made those plays right in front of the refs who THINK or you could say they WERE TAUGHT that they made a good soccer play!

I am over winning vs losing - I just wany my kid to learn the game - that's it. Learn if you get beat - be better next time! Don't take it out with a non-soccer play! I don't care what happens in the Win=Loss column - play the game.

That's it venting done - happy Monday!!
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
Working...
X