Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL Problems - Injuries and $

"The ECNL has a playoff system where you have playoffs, then you have playoffs. Why do you have playoffs, then playoffs? It’s more money the parents have to spend.
    And I don’t like the ECNL model of three practices to two games. I think it’s wrong. I think the DA has it right, with four practices to one game. I think you’re getting too many injuries at the youth level with a three-to-two practice-game ratio. That’s something I would change immediately."

- Paul Riley, Head Coach North Carolina Courage.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    "The ECNL has a playoff system where you have playoffs, then you have playoffs. Why do you have playoffs, then playoffs? It’s more money the parents have to spend.
    And I don’t like the ECNL model of three practices to two games. I think it’s wrong. I think the DA has it right, with four practices to one game. I think you’re getting too many injuries at the youth level with a three-to-two practice-game ratio. That’s something I would change immediately."

And I did also mention that I now run two DA clubs but when I used to run an ECNL club I promoted the ECNL.

Comment

Whatever. This argument is stale. Pick one and play. They are the same.

Comment

What do you suggest for clubs in DA that only run three practices a week? Many have opted also into play twice in a weekend to limit travel. Funny how da isn't really that different than ecnl at all

Comment

Whatever. This argument is stale. Pick one and play. They are the same.
          This discussion is tired, but the argument is not the same.

Comment

Both are overrrated. Cost and travel too much.

Comment

And I did also mention that I now run two DA clubs but when I used to run an ECNL club I promoted the ECNL until DA came along.
              Like I said, I think DA has it right

Comment

Like I said, I think DA has it right
                Of course you do.

Comment

Of course you do.
                  Who me?

You talkin' to me?

Comment

And I did also mention that I now run two DA clubs but when I used to run an ECNL club I promoted the ECNL.
                    Nothing is perfect. Just because he was ECNL does not mean he loved it.

Comment

Nothing is perfect. Just because he was ECNL does not mean he loved it.
                      Do what you want. I see the leagues as evil twins. Nothing wrong with knowing he benefits financially from players joining his GDA clubs when he is selling the GDA. Maybe he really believes in this new product.

Comment

Do what you want. I see the leagues as evil twins. Nothing wrong with knowing he benefits financially from players joining his GDA clubs when he is selling the GDA. Maybe he really believes in this new product.
                        You mean like Stars?

Comment

You mean like Stars?
                          Yes. Like any business hawking their wares.

Comment

He's right. Way too much travel, $ for the product now and college coaches are really hoping their players get their healthy and ECNL is not helping that. It used to be a great league. Now it's not. Very simple. Mission accomplished by US Soccer.

Comment

He's right. Way too much travel, $ for the product now and college coaches are really hoping their players get their healthy and ECNL is not helping that. It used to be a great league. Now it's not. Very simple. Mission accomplished by US Soccer.
                              Not sure what's the difference in travel of ECNL to GDA? Just thinking if GDA is playing in the fall and Ecnl is not wouldnt that mean GDA is traveling more just because of the number of games played per year?
                              Also GDA has their tournaments also which involves traveling.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X