The Girls 2007 Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You also have to realize that the top coaches at Seacoast will be coaching DA. You will be left with some real subpar coaches. Just be aware of what you getting into.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      You also have to realize that the top coaches at Seacoast will be coaching DA. You will be left with some real subpar coaches. Just be aware of what you getting into.
      Not 100% true. Some are double-shifting, but for the most part they are coaching the DA teams.

Comment

As their DA program looks to expand, some current players are going to revert back to NPL either by choice (wasn't for them) or by becoming expendable (better players coming in). It's already happening a little.

So, I actually see their NPL teams getting better, not worse.

Comment

Somewhere in that rant has to be what she enjoys & wants.

I don't see it, but I have to believe it's in there.
          Try to get this through your head. Her team won't be back. They. Are. Not. Coming. Back. We, the adults in our 12 year olds life, have decided that we are not doing DA. Those are the options at Seacoast. If anyone wants to do DA and both parents and child are on board, awesome, go for it, probably a great program. It's not for us. Therefore, AS AN ADULT, I am "doing the research" (as we love to say here, right?) on other options, and somehow - I'm still wrong.

People here must truly get off on being crappy human beings. No other explanation.

Comment

Look at NEFC (and pretty soon Select). Lot of kids want to play HS so they either stay at their current DA club and opt for the NPL team, or they jump to ECNL. Same thing will happen at Seacoast.

Comment

Try to get this through your head. Her team won't be back. They. Are. Not. Coming. Back. We, the adults in our 12 year olds life, have decided that we are not doing DA. Those are the options at Seacoast. If anyone wants to do DA and both parents and child are on board, awesome, go for it, probably a great program. It's not for us. Therefore, AS AN ADULT, I am "doing the research" (as we love to say here, right?) on other options, and somehow - I'm still wrong.

People here must truly get off on being crappy human beings. No other explanation.
              Check out Aztec. Might be your only NPL club within driving distance, or maybe FC Stars NPL depending upon where you live.

Comment

Again, Tiger Dad, I have to hope that somewhere in there is what she wants. It doesn't have to be the only factor, but my god it has to have some bearing.

But, punish your child as you wish.

Comment

Funny how you get angry at someone questioning your choice to move your daughter, then you proceed to bash any parent that "allows" their kids to play DA/ECNL... pretty hypocritical...
                  I have no issue with DA. Or ECNL. If the kid wants it and the parents want it, and can make it happen and have the money, time, and resources for other kids in the family not to get short changed, go for it. But I guarantee you there are parents out there who can't comfortably make it happen who are doing it anyway because Princess doesn't hear the word no. Just like their are kids out there who don't want it but Dad is hell bent on making it happen. I'm sorry if my refusal to allow my 12 year old to dictate how our family's time and money are spent makes you uncomfortable. I realize my mistake now, posting on a MA board.

Comment

Check out Aztec. Might be your only NPL club within driving distance, or maybe FC Stars NPL depending upon where you live.
                    Stars NPL is basically the same travel as ECNL.... they play in NE NPL

Comment

Again, Tiger Dad, I have to hope that somewhere in there is what she wants. It doesn't have to be the only factor, but my god it has to have some bearing.

But, punish your child as you wish.
                      So let's get this straight. I cannot financially afford DA (the travel in particular) and I'm not embarrassed to admit that. I also don't have the time to go on far trips every other weekend as I have multiple kids. Therefore, I, as the adult, have said DA is not for us. She doesn't want to play on the NPL team if it's filled with the premier players who simply play at a different level. Nothing wrong with that. So I am looking at options for her. You seem to think that i should either a) get into debt and tell my other kids too bad because she wants to play DA or b) force her to play on the team she doesn't want to play on because researching options is evil? I mean.... really. I appreciate your parenting advice and all but I'm going to pass. I'm perfectly ok with telling a child no sometimes and also helping her find a better fit.

Comment

2007 Scorpions ECNL ID clinic 2/19/19 at Forekicks in Taunton 6:30-8:30 for those interested.

Comment

You're in the land of show, my friend. These people would rather have a $700 a month car payment before they would admit something is out of reach for them. They'll do anything, not to make their kids happy, but to brag about the "elite" team their kid plays on. Just keep doing your research and putting your family first.

Comment

So let's get this straight. I cannot financially afford DA (the travel in particular) and I'm not embarrassed to admit that. I also don't have the time to go on far trips every other weekend as I have multiple kids. Therefore, I, as the adult, have said DA is not for us. She doesn't want to play on the NPL team if it's filled with the premier players who simply play at a different level. Nothing wrong with that. So I am looking at options for her. You seem to think that i should either a) get into debt and tell my other kids too bad because she wants to play DA or b) force her to play on the team she doesn't want to play on because researching options is evil? I mean.... really. I appreciate your parenting advice and all but I'm going to pass. I'm perfectly ok with telling a child no sometimes and also helping her find a better fit.
                            All good. Again, just curious what she wants. I haven't seen it mentioned at all. Hell, my kid wants the world and doesn't get it, but I do ask her.

You somehow have turned this into an anti-DA cost rant, which I while I don't understand why you turned it that why, I do understand it. I will never tell someone they need to do anything as everyone's circumstances dictate their own desired result.

I just think the kid should have some input. But, again, punish her how you want.

Comment

All good. Again, just curious what she wants. I haven't seen it mentioned at all. Hell, my kid wants the world and doesn't get it, but I do ask her.

You somehow have turned this into an anti-DA cost rant, which I while I don't understand why you turned it that why, I do understand it. I will never tell someone they need to do anything as everyone's circumstances dictate their own desired result.

I just think the kid should have some input. But, again, punish her how you want.
                              So you're choosing to ignore where I have stated she doesn't want to play with the current premier team? I'll try caps for you. SHE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY ON THE TEAM. Better? That's where you're losing me. You keep talking about me "punishing" her while at the same time implying she shouldn't move teams, and therefore staying on a team she doesn't want to be on. Sounds like punishing her to me but hey, you've got all the answers.

Also, dramatic much? An anti-cost rant? I said, several times, that I, ME, MOI, cannot afford it. I didn't say it's too expensive for everyone or that the cost is or is not warranted. How is that an anti -cost rant?

You've got some legit selective comprehension skills.,

Comment

So you're choosing to ignore where I have stated she doesn't want to play with the current premier team? I'll try caps for you. SHE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY ON THE TEAM. Better? That's where you're losing me. You keep talking about me "punishing" her while at the same time implying she shouldn't move teams, and therefore staying on a team she doesn't want to be on. Sounds like punishing her to me but hey, you've got all the answers.

Also, dramatic much? An anti-cost rant? I said, several times, that I, ME, MOI, cannot afford it. I didn't say it's too expensive for everyone or that the cost is or is not warranted. How is that an anti -cost rant?

You've got some legit selective comprehension skills.,
                                I never implied anything, and certainly didn't say she shouldn't move teams. I don't give a flying fvck where she plays, to be honest. Just curious what she wanted. Sheesh.

Honestly, your rants are hard to follow.

Must be a joy when the trash doesn't get taken out....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X