Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lot of recruiting going on right now to fill rosters at Thornz Asylum. Each age group has about half a roster, and half of what they have are "C" and "D" team players from Eastside. So they're on the horn all day long calling every rec player in Portland trying to convince them that the Asylum is better than rec. Hasn't worked yet but they keep trying.
    and your daughter still can’t make the roster.

Comment

Lot of recruiting going on right now to fill rosters at Thornz Asylum. Each age group has about half a roster, and half of what they have are "C" and "D" team players from Eastside. So they're on the horn all day long calling every rec player in Portland trying to convince them that the Asylum is better than rec. Hasn't worked yet but they keep trying.
      Hilarious statement. How insecure must ECNL be to post something so ridiculous. ECNL parents, take this as a sign of weakness. It is like ECNL is running a mudslinging campaign and there isn't even as election. Pathetic. ECNL parents, you can send your kids to GDA tryouts next year knowing that you'll get more training, equal or better exposure for less $. You WILL have to give up the mostly rec level HS coaching.

Comment

in the first three years the thorns got almost zero college commits. while ECNL teams were getting huge numbers.

Comment

Hilarious statement. How insecure must ECNL be to post something so ridiculous. ECNL parents, take this as a sign of weakness. It is like ECNL is running a mudslinging campaign and there isn't even as election. Pathetic. ECNL parents, you can send your kids to GDA tryouts next year knowing that you'll get more training, equal or better exposure for less $. You WILL have to give up the mostly rec level HS coaching.
          My DD will be fine at a well known parochial HS in the area and playing ECNL. Thank you Herbie for your input.

Comment

in the first three years the thorns got almost zero college commits. while ECNL teams were getting huge numbers.
            Past tense. This year not the case. Nice try.

Comment

My DD will be fine at a well known parochial HS in the area and playing ECNL. Thank you Herbie for your input.
              Couldn't agree more. HS soccer isn't perfect, but it isn't rec level. Every girl on my DD's HS team plays club or ECNL and they like playing for the student body (in soccer AND other sports) just as I enjoyed playing for the student body 25 years ago.

Comment

congrats, your daughter might well play for one of the only high schools that offers decent instruction. I guess we should count the cost of your Jesuit education along with the ecnl fees.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. HS soccer isn't perfect, but it isn't rec level. Every girl on my DD's HS team plays club or ECNL and they like playing for the student body (in soccer AND other sports) just as I enjoyed playing for the student body 25 years ago.
                  Correction, every girl on DD's HS Team plays Club. (just an fyi you need to play in a club to play in USYS or US Club leagues) a bit redundant and can be confusing, but trying to help those out who might think there is a club called 'ECNL', there is not.

Comment

Thorns is a pro-track isn't it? The goal is to get kids into pro soccer I would guess.

Comment

Thorns is a pro-track isn't it? The goal is to get kids into pro soccer I would guess.
                      I think most parents, or at least those with any sense, would rather their daughter be on the college track rather than the pro-track.

Comment

I think most parents, or at least those with any sense, would rather their daughter be on the college track rather than the pro-track.
                        They promote the college track. You get access to the pros and if you can play pro they will help you along.

Comment

I’m sure it took ECNL a couple seasons before players were getting committed and signing an NLI. It just doesn’t happen year 1 with a program, especially in Oregon.

Comment

Except there is no women's pro soccer - all Thornz players have to have 2 or 3 side gigs to make ends meet. And even then, they have to quit soccer within 3 years or they're bankrupt.

Comment

I’m sure it took ECNL a couple seasons before players were getting committed and signing an NLI. It just doesn’t happen year 1 with a program, especially in Oregon.
                              4 years now for Thornz Asylum, and still skunked.

Comment

4 years now for Thornz Asylum, and still skunked.
                                There you go again Asylum person... making crap up as you go, talking out your jackass. We all know you are full of it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X