Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Discounts, rebates for sticking it out for a month, and special events like carnivals and mud derbies at Providence might convince parents to bring their children out. Free beer and food for parents not kids are other ideas. These are not new ideas but could really be effective inducements.
    Any word on this?

Comment

none

Thorns games are scheduled under the Schedule & Results tab, just not populating the team page. Go to this link and select the Thorns http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...partialGames=1

very few rosters posted yet

Comment

Thorns games are scheduled under the Schedule & Results tab, just not populating the team page. Go to this link and select the Thorns http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...partialGames=1

very few rosters posted yet
        Why is the Thorns Academy the only team page that isn’t up yet at every single age group? It is fishy...

Comment

Why is the Thorns Academy the only team page that isn’t up yet at every single age group? It is fishy...
          Did they fill out rosters yet?

Comment

And why is Thorns Academy the only club not participating in the GDA championship series?

Comment

And why is Thorns Academy the only club not participating in the GDA championship series?
              Are they short players?

Comment

Does anyone know of Thorns DA players that left at the end of the season? That would be the best indicator of whether they are short players or not. The DA has a hard time attracting new players in the older age groups.

Comment

Does anyone know of Thorns DA players that left at the end of the season? That would be the best indicator of whether they are short players or not. The DA has a hard time attracting new players in the older age groups.
                  I don't know anyone who left but I know several 02/01 seniors from Crossfire who jumped to Thorns. Got their commitments lined up with ECNL and made the switch to Thorns senior year. I personally find that weird - and maybe disloyal although ultimately the family is the consumer - but I guess they didn't see the need to play with Crossfire anymore and didn't feel enough of a connection with their teammates to want to stick around and finish out with them.

So look for Thorns to tout "their" Notre Dame commit and "their" other D1 commits. The entire process is pretty sad.

Comment

Are they short players?
                    Not overly short. Medium height.

Comment

I don't know anyone who left but I know several 02/01 seniors from Crossfire who jumped to Thorns. Got their commitments lined up with ECNL and made the switch to Thorns senior year. I personally find that weird - and maybe disloyal although ultimately the family is the consumer - but I guess they didn't see the need to play with Crossfire anymore and didn't feel enough of a connection with their teammates to want to stick around and finish out with them.

So look for Thorns to tout "their" Notre Dame commit and "their" other D1 commits. The entire process is pretty sad.
                      1. CU creates an environment that has kids and families thinking only about themselves. Not playing players, recruiting loyal families spots away, etc. how are you surprised?

2. That particular family was bound to leave anyway. Since when does loyalty or helping others ever registered with them? Wa Timbers, XF WA, CU, Thorns. The entire team helped them get committed but nevermind when those kids need them.

3. Ecnl is nearly a joke to begin with considering all the time and effort for such similar returns or worse but when you add on the fact they don’t need showcases anymore if they are committed it becomes an actual joke. Expecting people to pay 1k per trip to get rained out or play some crappy team is dumb. No wonder they bounced.

4. Thorns commitments are lol. The vast majority of players were developed or committed before joining up. But don’t ask the thorns about that. They will trumpet this was their doing all over social media. Everyone has players who joined for their last year for an experience with a mediocre coach to get patch. Thorns are a joke and I’m sorry but someone let us know when they actually get coaches or teams that match up to their BS.

5. I find it funny that you don’t even refer to yourself as CU or a club anymore. You call yourself Ecnl or give the league the credit. Probably why you have kids chasing another league name.

6. Isn’t interesting when you have teams like Eastside or WA timbers who probably have as good if not better teams or commits while keeping everyone each year.

7. HOW MANY TIMES has CU taken a random kid for the last 1-2 years from another club then trumpet they were the reason why this kid is going to college. Shoe is on the other foot.

Comment

How many have left that CU 02 group now?

They were once In the top 3 with WA Timbers and FC Portland.

Thorns were a laughing stock.

I wonder if Fc Portland was the better way to go?

Thorns..eh who cares about their hodge podge smoke and mirrors deal with mediocre coaches who are as dusty as their resumes.

Comment

Are they short players?
                          I don't think tryouts were great. Maybe girls are waiting until after high school to decide?

Doesn't anyone know?

The best stock of players is at Jesuit. Maybe the thorns should scrimmage them.

Comment

Maybe because I heard Thorns is the only gda that let’s their players play high school if they want. Hard to fill teams and compete during fall gda games if so many of your players are off playing high school.

Comment

How many have left that CU 02 group now?

They were once In the top 3 with WA Timbers and FC Portland.

Thorns were a laughing stock.

I wonder if Fc Portland was the better way to go?

Thorns..eh who cares about their hodge podge smoke and mirrors deal with mediocre coaches who are as dusty as their resumes.
                              FC Portland ECNL 01 was 4th place in Oregon. Not top three.

Comment

FC Portland ECNL 01 was 4th place in Oregon. Not top three.
                                Fc Portland Ecnl 02 and 01 are pretty mediocre? Yes. Probably wouldn’t even scratch top 3 in the state at any age group.

But at least they have a team...sorry CU

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X