Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well, he played for OW for one year (senior year) and OW gets to claim credit for him?
    And they were the only club that was finally able to fix him and get him into a college.

Comment

Well, he played for OW for one year (senior year) and OW gets to claim credit for him?
      that's how it works

Comment

And they were the only club that was finally able to fix him and get him into a college.
        I like the double standard. CFC gets a girl for their last year of development but everyone always shouts the previous club should be getting all the credit.

OW is the last place for development. They produce robots for soccer players that are incapable of any individual creativity.

Comment

I like the double standard. CFC gets a girl for their last year of development but everyone always shouts the previous club should be getting all the credit.

OW is the last place for development. They produce robots for soccer players that are incapable of any individual creativity.
          What makes you say that (the robot comment)?

Comment

No one is ever happy on TS. Making the playoffs isn't enough. Not every program is going to be a dynasty over time. The Coach K and Dean Smith's of the world are rare.

And few would ever admit they'd live for their kids to play at UCONN regardless of RRS temperament. Plenty of college coaches are a**holes.
            Playoffs? They call it the NCAA tournament in college, zippy. And the tournament entry this year was a gift as this years team was an abomination compared to recent years.

Comment

Playoffs? They call it the NCAA tournament in college, zippy. And the tournament entry this year was a gift as this years team was an abomination compared to recent years.
              lol just as the poster predicted. Nothing is ever good enough. How many teams didn't make the "tournament?" And they took that "gift" as you call it and won yesterday. Half the teams didn't. RR is not angel. UCONN could be better. But they do just fine so move your anger to something more justifiable.

Comment

lol just as the poster predicted. Nothing is ever good enough. How many teams didn't make the "tournament?" And they took that "gift" as you call it and won yesterday. Half the teams didn't. RR is not angel. UCONN could be better. But they do just fine so move your anger to something more justifiable.
                Making the tournament is the standard for UCONN men's soccer? UCONN has one of the largest budgets D-1 men's soccer. Making the tournament shouldn't be the standard. RR won a national championship in just his 4th year in charge of UCONN and hasn't come close to one since.

I could do the same job as he's done over the past 5 years with the same talent. He's in a position to win championships, not to be content with merely making the tournament.

Comment

Making the tournament is the standard for UCONN men's soccer? UCONN has one of the largest budgets D-1 men's soccer. Making the tournament shouldn't be the standard. RR won a national championship in just his 4th year in charge of UCONN and hasn't come close to one since.

I could do the same job as he's done over the past 5 years with the same talent. He's in a position to win championships, not to be content with merely making the tournament.
                  They have also made the elite 8 a few times, going out on pk's. Most college coaches would give their right arm for just one appearance in the final 8.

RR is a great coach...I played for him, I know!!!

Comment

must be one of the funniest comments ever on TS. SURE you could do better. Dude if you could do better you'd be coaching D1 soccer, not your kids' travel team.

Comment

So after winning a national championship. The bar has been lowered to getting to the elite eight?

If you look at ND, Georgetown, IU, etc. They can win with American players. RR has to find the best talent outside of the country and still can't with them. He's overrated.

Comment

So after winning a national championship. The bar has been lowered to getting to the elite eight?

If you look at ND, Georgetown, IU, etc. They can win with American players. RR has to find the best talent outside of the country and still can't with them. He's overrated.
                        Getting anyone to come to UCONN for something besides basketball is a hard sell. UCONN is a great soccer program but stop putting them in the top tier. UCONN is overachieving and if you dont want to give credit to the coach then at least leave him alone.

Comment

You are a dolt!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to win a national championship? Seriously?

The best teams don't always win. You need a lot of luck, along with talent. Umbc made the final 4 last year, were they one of the four best teams? How did they do this year?

To consistently be knocking at the door shows you gave a great program.

If you had an ounce of soccer ability or knowledge, you would know this

Comment

I'm actually a fan of the program. Just stating the facts that the play this season was mediocre. Did you get out to any games? I saw about a half dozen and I calls them like I sees them. No hate here.

Comment

love to see RR gone

You are a dolt!

The best teams don't always win. You need a lot of luck, along with talent. Umbc made the final 4 last year, were they one of the four best teams? How did they do this year?

RR is a stand offish, most times rude, curt type of fellow. He certainly doesn't care what anyone thinks. He surrounds himself with like minded, narrow folks. Can't stand him and what he represents at uconn. I dare anyone to try to have a conversation with him. I rather share a phone booth with an alligator. Look what's happened to the friends of soccer that JM built. If you get rid of RR, i'll bring my family to games again

Comment

You are a dolt!

A fair number of the later round tournament games are won on shootouts as well, which tells you luck definitely enters the picture.

That said, a mediocre team making the tournament isn't proof that the program isn't on the down tick (at least based on recent experience). It's obvious if you've seen them play this team has less overall talent than the teams of the last 4-5 years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X