Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It would be delightful if the U17’s got into the top division of the GA Cup. 😈
    So they have to play the strongest teams which will surely not go well for the Revs? 6-0?

Comment

Totally true, they don’t care about 99.5% of their players. If your son isn’t the chosen one than they’re just using him to suck in players to their pay for play RDS programs. It’s a business. Not a youth developer.
      What exactly do they get from developing a homegrown? A savings of $65,000 they don’t need to shell out to some other club? This isn’t the epl, they’re not getting millions for selling star players or making transfers.
      So you're saying the "find and develop the next home-grown" is just a ploy? It's extremely unlikely they will find the next Dempsey. They're really in it to make money which in the end is thru RDS, ticket and merchandise revenue . They haven't made any money yet though. Some years breaking even and others losing money- all these years- how long has it been 10 years? Now they're investing $35M in facilities but with the same personnel and the same strategic plan. You'd think they would clean house and restrategize but that's not happening. Really strange organization.

Comment

Bolts and Seacoast are raking in the dough while this MLS soccer club can barely break even?! What's wrong with this picture? Can't rely on sugar daddy Kraft to bail you out every year.

Comment

So you're saying the "find and develop the next home-grown" is just a ploy? It's extremely unlikely they will find the next Dempsey. They're really in it to make money which in the end is thru RDS, ticket and merchandise revenue . They haven't made any money yet though. Some years breaking even and others losing money- all these years- how long has it been 10 years? Now they're investing $35M in facilities but with the same personnel and the same strategic plan. You'd think they would clean house and restrategize but that's not happening. Really strange organization.
          MLS mandates them to have an academy. That’s all you have to understand.

Comment

I was told that developing home-grown players is all they care about. Not making playoffs, not about the scores in a game etc.. Its all about finding the next home-grown player. This is why they won't take prep or public HS players in the spring -because it hurts the chemistry of the team and won't help develop the next home-grown player(s). I don't believe this logic makes sense but whatever. It's a private club. it's their business.
            "Chemistry" on Revs academy teams? Does not exist sorry. It's more of a snake oil concept over there.

Comment

"Chemistry" on Revs academy teams? Does not exist sorry. It's more of a snake oil concept over there.
              The Chemistry got way better when your kid was cut.

Comment

They currently care about only one player because he's a staple on the youth national team. All the other players are disposable pawns.

Comment

MLS mandates them to have an academy. That’s all you have to understand.
                  That and they don't really care about the first team either - it's an investment that Kraft hopes to sell at a profit at some point. The entire organization doesn't care and puts in the bare minimum

Comment

That and they don't really care about the first team either - it's an investment that Kraft hopes to sell at a profit at some point. The entire organization doesn't care and puts in the bare minimum
                    A new $35M training facility is the bare minimum?

Comment

Yes. Bare minimum. Because for 10 years there’s been no academy fields. Sharing turf with random local high schools while every other NE DA has their own indoor & outdoor complex.

Comment

Yes. Bare minimum. Because for 10 years there’s been no academy fields. Sharing turf with random local high schools while every other NE DA has their own indoor & outdoor complex.
                        I guess those Bolts DA teams I have seen training around the city throughout the years were all in my imagination. NEFC DA has indoor? Why make objectively false statements?

Comment

When I asked my son what happens on Revs trips I learned the real meaning of bare minimum.

Comment

A 35 million training facility? I’ll believe it when I see it.

Comment

A 35 million training facility? I’ll believe it when I see it.
                              Try Google chump.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...ining-facility

Comment

Anyone who thinks the DA teams will get to use those facilities much hasn't been with the Revs for more than a few weeks. You'll learn. Won't be much longer until your kid complains about the stomach aches he's getting from the crap pizza they get on the bus.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X