Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's like saying Trump shouldn't be making decisions for the Country as President.

An opinion that has no legs in reality.

US Soccer runs the show, always has, always will.

God Bless your ignorance.
    US Soccer my run the show but they are a proven failure. The DA proves it weekly. Our national team proves it every time they step on the field. The Timbers prove it daily.

Comment

You are a fool. The DA has only existed for one full year and when you say droves most of the DA players that are going to college committed before ever playing a DA game.

I think the DA is a great option for kids, but lighten up on the BS though because you lose some credibility. "Sending players in droves..." that is more than slightly exaggerated.
      Hey fool, the girls DA has only existed a year and was terribly executed. The boys DA has been around close to a decade and has proven to be a net nothing when it comes to development.

Comment

Hey fool, the girls DA has only existed a year and was terribly executed. The boys DA has been around close to a decade and has proven to be a net nothing when it comes to development.
        Of course you totally took the response out of context. The post that I replied to as well as the post previous was talking about girl’s soccer. Go take a look yourself.

There are not a ton of college of opportunities on the boys side. Less programs and less scholarships per program. Also the profile of boys playing DA are much different than girls playing high level club soccer.

Take a look at the 2 posts that I replied to. It had nothing to do with boy’s DA. That was needed because there was nothing like ECNL on the boys side. Now take a look at the girls program and see how similar it is to ECNL.

Comment

Of course you totally took the response out of context. The post that I replied to as well as the post previous was talking about girl’s soccer. Go take a look yourself.

There are not a ton of college of opportunities on the boys side. Less programs and less scholarships per program. Also the profile of boys playing DA are much different than girls playing high level club soccer.

Take a look at the 2 posts that I replied to. It had nothing to do with boy’s DA. That was needed because there was nothing like ECNL on the boys side. Now take a look at the girls program and see how similar it is to ECNL.
          You are an anonymous poster like everyone else, fool. Think....

Comment

You are an anonymous poster like everyone else, fool. Think....
            What does me or you being anonymous have anything to do with you taking some posts about girls soccer and take it out of context and respond with information about the boy’s DA program?

Comment

Ecnl sucks now, we get it.

Comment

What does me or you being anonymous have anything to do with you taking some posts about girls soccer and take it out of context and respond with information about the boy’s DA program?
                No one but YOU knows what what posts YOU made fool.

Comment

No one but YOU knows what what posts YOU made fool.
                  I was post #2369. The post that I was responded to was someone who was misguided on the girl’s DA program.

Post #2372 took my post and framed it to the boy’s DA, but that person obviously agreed with my opinion on the girl’s DA.

Again it doesn’t matter if these were anonymous or not. The facts are still the same.

Comment

I was post #2369. The post that I was responded to was someone who was misguided on the girl’s DA program.

Post #2372 took my post and framed it to the boy’s DA, but that person obviously agreed with my opinion on the girl’s DA.

Again it doesn’t matter if these were anonymous or not. The facts are still the same.
                    Hey thanks for letting us know what posts were yours moron.

The only facts I see in your posts iare stupidity and ignorance. The DA has been around 10 years and has accomplished nothing. US players are poor technically and naive tactically. They are not good enough. This was on display yet again last night. Fact.

GDA is the same recipe but more divided. You are completely misinformed or lying if you think the GDA and ECNL are the same.

GDA and DA both limit what players can do like HS soccer or other sports. They both have subbing rules that do not benefit player development for the entire team. Combine these two and you have many players who simply don’t play enough games to develop.

GDA is newer and there are fools like yourself gulping the kool aid. The GDA is modeled after an unsuccessful DA system which has failed to produce the quality of players necessary to compete internationally and creates filler players on our own MLS teams. Instead of growing and improving, GDA lost several top clubs because there is an alternative to the proven failed US Soccer system.

Facts.

Comment

US Soccer DA in our backwaters it being subsidized by the MLS Timbers & NWSL the ask isn't if you can afford to buy it. Instead the question are you good enough to be invited or selected.

Keep what your buying, sky-high times :)
                      By invited you mean begged to come play. The Timbers can’t even get quality coaches to coach these teams.

Comment

Soccer mom spotted. Looks like her little DD made a DA team!!

Comment

The only facts I see in your posts iare stupidity and ignorance. The DA has been around 10 years and has accomplished nothing. US players are poor technically and naive tactically. They are not good enough. This was on display yet again last night. Fact.

GDA is the same recipe but more divided. You are completely misinformed or lying if you think the GDA and ECNL are the same.

GDA and DA both limit what players can do like HS soccer or other sports. They both have subbing rules that do not benefit player development for the entire team. Combine these two and you have many players who simply don’t play enough games to develop.

GDA is newer and there are fools like yourself gulping the kool aid. The GDA is modeled after an unsuccessful DA system which has failed to produce the quality of players necessary to compete internationally and creates filler players on our own MLS teams. Instead of growing and improving, GDA lost several top clubs because there is an alternative to the proven failed US Soccer system.

Facts.
                          You are really stupid.

If you read my post you would realize that I am not supportive of GDA.

It is similar to ECNL so what is the point of creating DA.

Comment

Soccer mom spotted. Looks like her little DD made a DA team!!
                            You should learn how to read

Comment

You should learn how to read
                              They must have lost track of which posts are yours.

Comment

Facts.
                                Oh, look. It's "fact guy" again, slinging cowpies onto the pitch and calling it "fact". About the only parts that are true are "GDA and DA both limit what players can do like HS soccer or other sports" and "GDA is newer".

The problem with US soccer (at the elite levels) isn't this league or that coach or that people don't get on enough airplanes to go play youth soccer matches. The problem is that the widespread cultural understanding and appreciation of the game isn't there yet. It's coming; as soccer has gone from being a boutique sport in this country, one that is as relevant off the school playground as kickball is, to one that has a significant fanbase. But the fact that second-tier pay-to-play youth teams feel they need to get on an airplane every other weekend to find a worthy opponent tells you much right there--in a country which soccer valued, that wouldn't be true--the only teams that would travel like that would be the subsidized academies, and mom wouldn't be the one buying the plane or bus ticket.

ECNL vs GDA, matters far less than you think. Neither league has any sort of secret sauce. Nor was the old club system better--it also produced players that were technically and tactically deficient compared to other countries.

If you want to do high school soccer, do ECNL. If not, do GDA. And respect the choice of others who choose differently; quit viewing the other league as a threat to all that is good and holy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X