DA’s: SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming the midfield stay connected or is not buried in the back trying to get out what should a winger do wait for them to catch up and get the ball taken from them it’s a big issue not for this forum !

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Assuming the midfield stay connected or is not buried in the back trying to get out what should a winger do wait for them to catch up and get the ball taken from them it’s a big issue not for this forum !
      yes, ok, if midfield is not around, i agree. problem is when they are around, asking and gesturing for the ball and winger/forward does not connect. ever. but maybe you are right, not for this forum.

Comment

On this webpage DA parents continuesly refer to all team, players, and leagues as REC stating that the only high-level youth soccer their is here in the US is DA. Okay, that’s fair, everyone should be able to express their opinion. But I do have a really
        Important question to ask all the DA parents:
        How many games does a DA team play in a year????? 30 , 35 max sound about right? How do you guys expect these incredible non-rec players to really be high level with so little soccer being played in a year? Let’s say your son is the stud of the DA team and he starts & plays every single game. Great, he played 30 games which is still short compared to even pro’s. Now how about the super stud who comes off the bench,,,,, wow you really hit it out the park, congratulations when you add up all your minutes you played about 15 full games the whole year. I’d say your an American Football
        Player! Isn’t that how many games they play? The truth is, the real REC players are those who don’t play the game enough because
        1. You been fooled that only DA’s are good
        2. You’re way behind the rest of the world in minutes on the field!!!! There’s a reason US soccer is not very good. Just look at the National team.

I’m sure the DA’s have great teams and players, but very few can compete outside the US playing an average of 3 games a month max. Then when a few go play in the Universities, they will play a max of 25 games in a year! Good luck going PRo with that Number. But that’s a another story

Please follow this link and understand a little bit before you make all that long analysis that is only your mare opinion.
        https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S....opment_Academy

“The U.S. Soccer Development Academy (DA) is an American soccer league. It is the top tier of youth soccer in the United States”

After reading this and educating your self, understand something:
        1. If you have a kid that is good enough to be in DA program but is playing club, you and your kid are wasting your time.
        2. If you have a kid that is not good enough to be in a DA program, simply enjoy the game and be happy and let the DA parents live in their “ideal” bubble.
        We’re very happy where we are and not trying to convince anyone otherwise 😁😁😁

Comment

Please follow this link and understand a little bit before you make all that long analysis that is only your mare opinion.

“The U.S. Soccer Development Academy (DA) is an American soccer league. It is the top tier of youth soccer in the United States”

1. If you have a kid that is good enough to be in DA program but is playing club, you and your kid are wasting your time.
          2. If you have a kid that is not good enough to be in a DA program, simply enjoy the game and be happy and let the DA parents live in their “ideal” bubble.

Nobody gives a crap about you and your kid.

Comment

And you know someone and their kid are wasting their time because you are the all knowing expert about soccer & life. You know with certainty the right decision & path for a good soccer athlete is always DA. You are a condescending know-it-all, but may look back in a few years when your kid is not playing on national team or professionally (and he won't be) and wish you could have some of the time back for your kid to play HS soccer or other sports, as well as do more things with the family besides going to the field.

Comment

And you know someone and their kid are wasting their time because you are the all knowing expert about soccer & life. You know with certainty the right decision & path for a good soccer athlete is always DA. You are a condescending know-it-all, but may look back in a few years when your kid is not playing on national team or professionally (and he won't be) and wish you could have some of the time back for your kid to play HS soccer or other sports, as well as do more things with the family besides going to the field.
              When I choose where my kid is going to be, i will always choose the best and I don't need to be an expert for that... and I'm sorry your kid didn't make it... my kid did, and he's having the time of his life!! Believe me, there is no experience like the one my child is having and there is also plenty of family time don't you worry!!

Comment

When I choose where my kid is going to be, i will always choose the best and I don't need to be an expert for that... and I'm sorry your kid didn't make it... my kid did, and he's having the time of his life!! Believe me, there is no experience like the one my child is having and there is also plenty of family time don't you worry!!
                Make sure to save some money for your kids' future therapy bills.

Comment

Perfect. With "I'm sorry your kid didn't make it" You tipped yourself off as member of the cult a previous poster equated many DA parents to. In your self-important mind nobody could possibly choose not to play DA. It has to be "they didn't make it" or if by some unlikely chance they were actually good enough, then they are "wasting their time" playing someplace else. Why do you feel it diminishes you and your kids greatness to accept there are players just as good outside of DA? DA is clearly the best path if the ONLY goal is to be seen and recruited. Much easier inside of DA for this. There will be overall better training and competition and a much higher concentration of good players. Recruiters will always focus on efficiency in recruiting. "fish where the fish are" you could say. For some such as yourself, soccer and trying to get the kid recruited is all that matters in life. If it is what the kid truly wants, good program. For others, DA might not be worth sacrificing playing multiple sports, sacrificing friendships and team chemistry (often not found to same degree on DA teams), representing HS on field, or prioritizing academic activities. For others: family economics, travel distance, or work logistics make DA not a good fit. You say you have plenty of family time, but you are only fooling yourself. four days per week soccer practice and games on weekends does not leave much family time for other activities. Childhood goes by quick. We all make what we think are best decisions. My kid is playing two Sports on state level (which of course DA does not permit). He is very good at both. He would be better at either if he focused only on one as most do today. Will we look back and say we sacrificed too many other activities for sports? Quite possibly. Will we look back and say he should have focused on being best he could be at one sport instead of playing two? Maybe, but probably not. Your kid may be one of the best 2-4 players on a DA team. If he is you are almost certainly in the right place with him if soccer at higher level is his main goal. If he is not, you have delusions of grandeur with your superior attitude. My guess is he is not in that top tier as most with exceptionally talented kids don't have the need to brag about DA.

Comment

My son has been asked to play da when he was 10 years old. We play “rec@ instead and his level keeps getting better every year. Da requires too much dedication and is too far a drive. The weekend travel is also very demanding. Our first priority is school and right now the timing is not right. If my kid wants to get serious about soccer it will happen when he is 16. In that case he will move to England and give it a go. American soccer, even at mls level does not prepare you for anything accept college. And college is no place for soccer.

Comment

Perfect. With "I'm sorry your kid didn't make it" You tipped yourself off as member of the cult a previous poster equated many DA parents to. In your self-important mind nobody could possibly choose not to play DA. It has to be "they didn't make it" or if by some unlikely chance they were actually good enough, then they are "wasting their time" playing someplace else. Why do you feel it diminishes you and your kids greatness to accept there are players just as good outside of DA? DA is clearly the best path if the ONLY goal is to be seen and recruited. Much easier inside of DA for this. There will be overall better training and competition and a much higher concentration of good players. Recruiters will always focus on efficiency in recruiting. "fish where the fish are" you could say. For some such as yourself, soccer and trying to get the kid recruited is all that matters in life. If it is what the kid truly wants, good program. For others, DA might not be worth sacrificing playing multiple sports, sacrificing friendships and team chemistry (often not found to same degree on DA teams), representing HS on field, or prioritizing academic activities. For others: family economics, travel distance, or work logistics make DA not a good fit. You say you have plenty of family time, but you are only fooling yourself. four days per week soccer practice and games on weekends does not leave much family time for other activities. Childhood goes by quick. We all make what we think are best decisions. My kid is playing two Sports on state level (which of course DA does not permit). He is very good at both. He would be better at either if he focused only on one as most do today. Will we look back and say we sacrificed too many other activities for sports? Quite possibly. Will we look back and say he should have focused on being best he could be at one sport instead of playing two? Maybe, but probably not. Your kid may be one of the best 2-4 players on a DA team. If he is you are almost certainly in the right place with him if soccer at higher level is his main goal. If he is not, you have delusions of grandeur with your superior attitude. My guess is he is not in that top tier as most with exceptionally talented kids don't have the need to brag about DA.
                      Ditto

Comment

My son has been asked to play da when he was 10 years old. We play “rec@ instead and his level keeps getting better every year. Da requires too much dedication and is too far a drive. The weekend travel is also very demanding. Our first priority is school and right now the timing is not right. If my kid wants to get serious about soccer it will happen when he is 16. In that case he will move to England and give it a go. American soccer, even at mls level does not prepare you for anything accept college. And college is no place for soccer.
                        A wise move. So many kids burn out, lose interest, don't progress. Give him time to prove himself and his dedication level. If he has the skills and works at it he will find a place later on.

Comment

Ditto
                          yes, but ... playing the next level down is dog s***. all of your other points are good in theory and agree w/ them. but you don't understand that next level down is no place for a serious player. i wish it were not so, for all the reasons you say, but my eyes tell me different.

Comment

yes, but ... playing the next level down is dog s***. all of your other points are good in theory and agree w/ them. but you don't understand that next level down is no place for a serious player. i wish it were not so, for all the reasons you say, but my eyes tell me different.
                            Good players can develop just fine playing in FSPL Premier Division or ECNL. Won't be as easy to get recruited. Already acknowledged that, but there are plenty of good coaches and good teams. If the next level down is "dog s***" then so is DA.

Comment

I’m not trying to argue with and I’m not part of a cult, in fact I was not the one that iniciated this forum “Da’s: SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBLE! I understand there are different situations and circumstances but it doesn’t change the fact that DA is the higher level in youth soccer. And I was answering the person that started the thread, from what I think was not you
                              I don’t mean to brag and I think I was very specific in my post: if you have a good enough kid to be in DA go for it and if you don’t just enjoy the club style, which ubfortunately is crappy and I’m sorry to tell you that you’re wasting your time (whatever time it is)
                              Oh and by the way! DA cost is about the same than high level clubs, so you make the numbers!! Good luck with that my friend!

Comment

Good players can develop just fine playing in FSPL Premier Division or ECNL. Won't be as easy to get recruited. Already acknowledged that, but there are plenty of good coaches and good teams. If the next level down is "dog s***" then so is DA.
                                we are talking boys right? ecnl provides little options for florida boys. miramar, tbu, oc, florida elite. think that's it. if it expands, it could be a possibility. but 4 teams across the entire state playing boys ecnl makes it not realistic for the vast majority of players. but i do agree it would be a great option to DA if it is available.

FSPL ... you are serious? kick ball with more athletic kids. dog s*** sorry to say. my son played and i was not at all impressed. not in the same zip code as DA.

so, unless you are close to an ecnl club, right now, 2018-2019, its DA to dog s***. your kid will greatly struggle develop playing fysa to a level where he can get on a DA or play in england at 16 years old.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X