Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wachusett played subs half the game because Tantaqua was very dirty.
    Halftime showers??

Comment

Tantasqua has a few players that can cause teams come District’s trouble. I could seem them beating a few teams. They get forward with pace and can posses. 7 was a quick talented player, but cheap and a hot head. 3 in the midfield was skilled and quick. 13 and 4 are good players. 6 is quick and skilled. They were actually better than I thought they be.
      Being interesting what they do with Ludlow last game of year.

Wachusett is a better team than last year. No doubt about that. They are balanced across the field. I could not see one weakness in the starting 11 players. 24 is one of the strongest forwards I’ve seen in years in CMass and 10 is a handful also. 24 is brute physical force with speed and skill. Defensively they are a solid group with 4 and 9, the outside backs, routinely getting into the attack and at times deep into 18 box. Both are skilled players. 21, 7 and 2 control the midfield all skilled and quick.

Comment

Anyone see the St Johns v Marlboro game this weekend? Marlboro is having a tough stretch of games. Is the coach losing the players?

Comment

Anyone see the St Johns v Marlboro game this weekend? Marlboro is having a tough stretch of games. Is the coach losing the players?
          If you’ve watch Marlborough that coach has never had control of the team. Players consistently brush him off or ignore him. Just go watch a game. I was at the Leominster game and they got carded 4 times including a red. They totally disregarded the coach. 4 cards in one game can only imagine what the year total is for them. 13 and your out of districts !

Comment

If you’ve watch Marlborough that coach has never had control of the team. Players consistently brush him off or ignore him. Just go watch a game. I was at the Leominster game and they got carded 4 times including a red. They totally disregarded the coach. 4 cards in one game can only imagine what the year total is for them. 13 and your out of districts !
            I'm betting they're pretty close to that number. Too bad as the team has talent, but zero discipline. Was no different last year. In HS soccer a physical team can get away with a ton with the stupid two-man ref system. Wachusett is a physical team as well and always has been. I'm fully expecting the Marlboro at Wachusett game next week to be entertaining for sure.

Last year Wachusett was down 2-0 early and came back for a 3-2 win. The talent with both those teams last year was top notch. Having seen Brockton play a few times last year I think Marlboro or Wachusett was fully capable of beating them in state finals, but neither got there.

Wachusett is a different team this year. I think the defense is stronger and huge upgrade on goalie department. Their current leading scorer was probably not utilized to the fullest last year. Certainly should have been in the mix more with the offensive talent they had last year. Might have helped avoid the early playoff exit after an undefeated season.

Comment

Top 10

1. Wachusett
              2. Marlborough
              3. St. John’s
              4. Tantasqua
              5. Sutton
              6. Leominster
              7. Westborough
              8. Nipmuc
              9. Grafton
              10. Hudson

Comment

what teams have qualified for the postseason and what teams are still in the hunt?

Comment

what teams have qualified for the postseason and what teams are still in the hunt?
                  Obviously you are talking D1?

Comment

Obviously you are talking D1?
                    Yes nobody cares about other divisions!

Comment

D1 teams

In:

Wachusett
                      Marlborough
                      Algonquin
                      Westborough
                      Leominster
                      Worcester South
                      Grafton
                      Tantasqua
                      Saint Johns

Alive:

Shrewsbury ( must win 5 last games 2-7-4 record )
                      Burncoat ( 1 game under .500 )
                      Doherty ( 1 game under .500 )
                      Groton-Dunstable ( 1 game under .500 )
                      Fitchburg ( 2 game under .500 )

Out:

Shepherd Hill
                      Worcester North
                      Nashoba
                      North Middlesex

Comment

Wachusett beats Marlboro tonite 3-1. Marlboro scores late in the 2nd half. Wachusett was the more dangerous team all game. They are a handful on offense. # 24 and 10 are a great combination of speed and power up top. Can’t say I am a fan of the wach coach. He was encouraging his players to foul and get cards. Classy...

Comment

Wachusett beats Marlboro tonite 3-1. Marlboro scores late in the 2nd half. Wachusett was the more dangerous team all game. They are a handful on offense. # 24 and 10 are a great combination of speed and power up top. Can’t say I am a fan of the wach coach. He was encouraging his players to foul and get cards. Classy...
                          Wachusett coach for years has taught his kids to foul on a counterattack. Teams do it in all facets of the game of soccer. So I must disagree with you it’s actually smart soccer to teach in defending a quick counter.

Comment

Wachusett coach for years has taught his kids to foul on a counterattack. Teams do it in all facets of the game of soccer. So I must disagree with you it’s actually smart soccer to teach in defending a quick counter.
                            Agree. Marlboro only scored because when goalie saved ball he was kicked in the face and dropped it.

Comment

Agree. Marlboro only scored because when goalie saved ball he was kicked in the face and dropped it.
                              Marlboro coach had no control of kids.

Comment

I heard a Marlborough parent/supporter was arrested during the game ? Any confirmation

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X